Micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 pm

No thread for the guy?

Deal is done, he is off to Fiorentina.

Thanks for the memories Micah, especially that goal against Villa and the interview afterwards, cracking.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Micah

Postby lovecity8utd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

On the OS. Sorry to see you go Micah. But good luck.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Mike J » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Gutted he has gone. Good luck to him. one of my fave ever city players
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Gonna be following Fiorentina now a fair bit. Would love it if he becomes a success out there... wonder how his boyish humour will translate to an Italian training pitch :)

Can guarantee you one thing though, if he has five decent games he'll be back in the England quicker than he ever could be playing for us.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Hope he does well there. Top bloke.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Real shame he couldn't find a way back into our plans.

Another champ leaves, but never to be forgotton.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Scatman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 pm

£3.5M for the loan, another £4.7 to make it permanent.

Good news for Oldham.
Scatman

Postby Herb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Yes, well done Micah - faced with the fact that you were too bulked up to do the shuttle runs that modern day fullbacks need to perform you realised that you'd only ever get the odd cup game but you bravely put your big fat bank account in front of game-time and stoically hung on in here for a couple of wasted seasons . . for nothing but the wages . . until you had only 1 season left on your contract and had the club over a barrel to shift you by discounting your value and thereby gifting you an enhanced signing on fee to get you off the wage bill.

Yeah, cheerio Micah. Miss you already.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby twosips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Herb wrote:Yes, well done Micah - faced with the fact that you were too bulked up to do the shuttle runs that modern day fullbacks need to perform you realised that you'd only ever get the odd cup game but you bravely put your big fat bank account in front of game-time and stoically hung on in here for a couple of wasted seasons . . for nothing but the wages . . until you had only 1 season left on your contract and had the club over a barrel to shift you by discounting your value and thereby gifting you an enhanced signing on fee to get you off the wage bill.

Ah fuck off
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Fiorentina have always been my favourite European team so, on that basis alone, I hope things workout well for Micah.

It's also to his credit that he's taking up this foreign challenge when so many English players are unwilling to go abroad to further their careers. Moreover, it'll be fascinating to see how he adapts to football in Serie A and whether, or not, he'll revert to being a centre-back over there. In any event, I hope he does brilliantly in that country (and learns to speak Italian with a Mancunian accent).

One thing is certain, if ever we come up against Fiorentina in the future, he'll play a blinder against us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 pm

I hope Micah enjoys the beautiful City of Florence and does enough to convince other British players to consider playing abroad.
Last edited by Hutch's Shoulder on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Herb wrote:Yes, well done Micah - faced with the fact that you were too bulked up to do the shuttle runs that modern day fullbacks need to perform you realised that you'd only ever get the odd cup game but you bravely put your big fat bank account in front of game-time and stoically hung on in here for a couple of wasted seasons . . for nothing but the wages . . until you had only 1 season left on your contract and had the club over a barrel to shift you by discounting your value and thereby gifting you an enhanced signing on fee to get you off the wage bill.

If I was of such a mindset, I'd suggest that your comment sounds tediously, tendentiously cynical.

However, it's your opinion and you've got a perfect right to express it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm

twosips wrote:

Ah fuck off

Lovely response....lovely.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Herb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

If I was of such a mindset, I'd suggest that your comment sounds tediously, tendentiously cynical.

However, it's your opinion and you've got a perfect right to express it.

You're right on the nail there Mik, I am cynical about Micah - he was a great lad and one of our own but as the club moved forwards he just pumped himself up to silly size and played out with his best mate Weo Ferdinand while he filled his pockets. If he had any love of the game he'd have left 2 seasons ago for regular first team footie somewhere but he stayed here and took the piss for the dosh.
That's fair enough because he was within his rights to do that but it was a cruel trick on a club and on fans who'd always been good to him and that made all my good feelings towards him evaporate.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Herb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:43 pm

twosips wrote:

Ah fuck off

That was a tad blunt twotits - I was just going to write 'ah fuck off' to him too but I thought he at least deserved to know why he wasn't respected anymore.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Stupid bint on SSN. Reading out one of Micahs twiiter messages.. 'CTID.. sorry I dont know what that means'. LOL inept trout.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Lee_R wrote:Stupid bint on SSN. Reading out one of Micahs twiiter messages.. 'CTID.. sorry I dont know what that means'. LOL inept trout.

Definitely would though
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lee_R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Stupid bint on SSN. Reading out one of Micahs twiiter messages.. 'CTID.. sorry I dont know what that means'. LOL inept trout.

Definitely would though

Yup.. thats why I for-give-her,
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

Definitely would though

Twice on Sundays. Bet Jim White has a little dabble later
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Herb wrote:
twosips wrote:

Ah fuck off

That was a tad blunt twotits - I was just going to write 'ah fuck off' to him too but I thought he at least deserved to know why he wasn't respected anymore.

I just think you're being unnecessarily harsh, incredibly cynical and a bit of a twat if i'm being honest and it really irritated me and sometimes when someone irritates you you just want to say 'fuck off'...

For what its worth, its pretty possible that he never wanted to leave City. Why would he? He loves this place. I don't doubt for one second that he's done anything other than always try his best. He's had shite luck with injuries and lost a lot of form and he's gone shit, yeah, but to treat him as a mercenary as a result when he most likely loves this club more than 95% of the players in the team is a bit harsh. He seems reluctant to leave the place where he's grown up, his friends live and where he's spent ten years enjoying himself. Do you really blame him? It's not always about money you know.

I wish him all the best cos its the least he deserves. No respect? Ah give the fuck over. He deserves a better send off that pissy sniping conjecture.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum