Micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Micah

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Herb wrote:Yes, well done Micah - faced with the fact that you were too bulked up to do the shuttle runs that modern day fullbacks need to perform you realised that you'd only ever get the odd cup game but you bravely put your big fat bank account in front of game-time and stoically hung on in here for a couple of wasted seasons . . for nothing but the wages . . until you had only 1 season left on your contract and had the club over a barrel to shift you by discounting your value and thereby gifting you an enhanced signing on fee to get you off the wage bill.

Yeah, cheerio Micah. Miss you already.

That's an extremely disingenuous statement. Fuck you
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Herb wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Herb wrote:Yes, well done Micah - faced with the fact that you were too bulked up to do the shuttle runs that modern day fullbacks need to perform you realised that you'd only ever get the odd cup game but you bravely put your big fat bank account in front of game-time and stoically hung on in here for a couple of wasted seasons . . for nothing but the wages . . until you had only 1 season left on your contract and had the club over a barrel to shift you by discounting your value and thereby gifting you an enhanced signing on fee to get you off the wage bill.

If I was of such a mindset, I'd suggest that your comment sounds tediously, tendentiously cynical.

However, it's your opinion and you've got a perfect right to express it.

You're right on the nail there Mik, I am cynical about Micah - he was a great lad and one of our own but as the club moved forwards he just pumped himself up to silly size and played out with his best mate Weo Ferdinand while he filled his pockets. If he had any love of the game he'd have left 2 seasons ago for regular first team footie somewhere but he stayed here and took the piss for the dosh.
That's fair enough because he was within his rights to do that but it was a cruel trick on a club and on fans who'd always been good to him and that made all my good feelings towards him evaporate.

2 Seasons ago he played an instrumental role in our first Premier League trophy and was the best right back in the country. Did Micah personally telll you that he stayed here for the money? My take on it is that he loved the club and having been here since a teenager wanted to fight for his place in the side. Only once it became apparent that he had no future here did he decide to leave. Can't blame him for that and wish him nothing but success in the future and a career that isn't disrupted by further injuries
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Stupid bint on SSN. Reading out one of Micahs twiiter messages.. 'CTID.. sorry I dont know what that means'. LOL inept trout.

Definitely would though

Twice on Sundays. Bet Jim White has a little dabble later

Nah she's out of his league.

Very smart girl that, used to work for CNN sport speaking fluent Spanish & Sky Deutschland speaking fluent German.

And I absolutely would.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

freshie wrote:
2 Seasons ago he played an instrumental role in our first Premier League trophy and was the best right back in the country. Did Micah personally telll you that he stayed here for the money? My take on it is that he loved the club and having been here since a teenager wanted to fight for his place in the side. Only once it became apparent that he had no future here did he decide to leave. Can't blame him for that and wish him nothing but success in the future and a career that isn't disrupted by further injuries

That's my take on it too. I hope he gets his career back on track and enjoys his time abroad.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:23 am

Get over yourself Herb, that's all a load of crap.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 am

twosips wrote:
Herb wrote:
twosips wrote:

Ah fuck off

That was a tad blunt twotits - I was just going to write 'ah fuck off' to him too but I thought he at least deserved to know why he wasn't respected anymore.

I just think you're being unnecessarily harsh, incredibly cynical and a bit of a twat if i'm being honest and it really irritated me and sometimes when someone irritates you you just want to say 'fuck off'...

For what its worth, its pretty possible that he never wanted to leave City. Why would he? He loves this place. I don't doubt for one second that he's done anything other than always try his best. He's had shite luck with injuries and lost a lot of form and he's gone shit, yeah, but to treat him as a mercenary as a result when he most likely loves this club more than 95% of the players in the team is a bit harsh. He seems reluctant to leave the place where he's grown up, his friends live and where he's spent ten years enjoying himself. Do you really blame him? It's not always about money you know.

I wish him all the best cos its the least he deserves. No respect? Ah give the fuck over. He deserves a better send off that pissy sniping conjecture.

Well said Twosips but to be honest with you, you're wasting your time with this twat.

Micah could've signed the new contract City put on the table last season and then sat on his arse collecting his wage for the next few years if he was the type Herb is making him out to be.

I really, really hope this Fiorentina move works out, best of luck Micah.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 am

Sad to see him go. He was the last of the "old City" lads that we loved and even though they frustrated us so much on so many ocassions, we still loved them as we loved the "old City". It's also sad that Micah never fulfilled his full potential when he came on to the scene at 17 or 18. I think we all thought that he will go on to be a City and England legend. Still young enough to make something of his career. I wish him all the best.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 am

Bit gutted he's gone but can appreciate why. Hope the move works out for him and he manages to get a good string of injury free games.

True Blue and loyal servant to the club.

Good luck Micah!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 am

Gun to my head I'd swap sagna for him back in an instant
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby shortagain » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:16 am

Obviously he needs to play after 2 injury interupted seasons so why not go abroad where he has no reputation to live up to and he can get his career back on track. City only brought in Sagna when Micah refused his new deal as they didn't want him running down his contract, so seems to be win win all round. Good luck from me & thanks for your time with us
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:56 am

Don't be a prick.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

Don't be a prick.

herb can't help it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Herb » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Micah could've signed the new contract City put on the table last season and then sat on his arse collecting his wage for the next few years if he was the type Herb is making him out to be.

Dear foreverupjoesarse, please note that he was offerred a contract but he wouldn't sign it - so didn't stay at the club he loves with the fans he loves (yada yada) - because it didn't pay him enough for him to be sufficiently encouraged to do that did he.
The bulked up bullshitter is absolutely loaded - he has more money than most folk could ever dream of and he was offerred a role with us for the future but he preferred to sod off and take more money from someone else - that's where he's at so get real.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 am

Herb wrote:

Dear foreverupjoesarse, please note that he was offerred a contract but he wouldn't sign it - so didn't stay at the club he loves with the fans he loves (yada yada) - because it didn't pay him enough for him to be sufficiently encouraged to do that did he.
The bulked up bullshitter is absolutely loaded - he has more money than most folk could ever dream of and he was offerred a role with us for the future but he preferred to sod off and take more money from someone else - that's where he's at so get real.

See Twosips, a twat that's not worth bothering with. Thanks for proving my point for me twat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Herb » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Herb wrote:

See Twosips, a twat that's not worth bothering with. Thanks for proving my point for me twat.

Blimey foreverupjoesbum, you don't half get sweary and nasty. You really pour out the hate from the safety of your bedroom don't you?
Such a brave lad aren't you - I bet your mum's so proud (except for your bedwetting). I can tell you'd be just the sort to get all tough on me if I ever gave an opinion that you didn't like - I'm just so chuffed that I don't ever have to meet you and deal with your toughness - you big brave man you!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Herb wrote:
Herb wrote:

Blimey foreverupjoesbum, you don't half get sweary and nasty. You really pour out the hate from the safety of your bedroom don't you?
Such a brave lad aren't you - I bet your mum's so proud (except for your bedwetting). I can tell you'd be just the sort to get all tough on me if I ever gave an opinion that you didn't like - I'm just so chuffed that I don't ever have to meet you and deal with your toughness - you big brave man you!

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:58 pm

weepy anime girl is fit. *like*
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby clippo22 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm

All the best Micah! A club legend, it's been a pleasure growing up and watching you grow into a top footballer.

Unfortunately it seems some on here have short memories and only remember the last couple of seasons, which due to injury and the strength of our team now, we're not his best. If he stays fit and and gets some game time I'm sure he will prove the doubters wrong.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!

Postby Londonblue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Anyone else remember the interview he did on this here forum all those years ago, then got in massive trouble for it? Wish I knew how to search the archives for the damn thing...
A woman walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre - so the barman gives her one
Londonblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Londonblue wrote:Anyone else remember the interview he did on this here forum all those years ago, then got in massive trouble for it? Wish I knew how to search the archives for the damn thing...

Was going to mention this earlier on as it was well before Herbert's time. He was great with it all and it showed right through that City was in his heart. If i remember rightly it was on the old board, the one before this!

Mark Macavelli would know but he don't cone on here much as far too busy flogging tickets!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum