Financial Foul Play - The End is Nigh

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Financial Foul Play - The End is Nigh

Postby Blue Oli » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm

To be fair the rags need this income after today's financial news - and looking ahead to next year they will need it even more with the projected revenue drop - we may even be matching them by then in terms of revenue sooner than we think.

#underwritingmanchesterfootballsince2014
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby C & C » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:they are going to sit down in the near future to come up with yet another revision to a ruleset they revised in one key area after we submitted our accounts for scrutiny the last time. They might just as well drop the FFP pretence and charge City 20m a season to take part.

I fully expect this as well. They moved the line last time, they'll do it again, and again...

On the flip side, I expect City to be so far out in front of this next year or in two years time it won't matter where they draw the line.
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Scatman wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Matt Scott has just said on talkshite this is a great idea nd all clubs agree...

What is a great idea? The end of FFP?

The idea of the fines, All clubs agreed to the rules sometime ago, Interestingly he also thought QPR could be finished if they get relegated again as they are failing on all matters financial that count with Football League and the Premier Leagues rules.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Only a few Clubs are paying fines so hardly surprising. Platini has openly talked about changing the goalposts again at a meeting with European Clubs Association on October 13.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Corrupt cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:06 pm

There is only one way to stop the corrupt cunts and that's for the fans to stand up to them and say "ENOUGH" or vote with their feet and refuse to attend games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:45 pm

gillie wrote:There is only one way to stop the corrupt cunts and that's for the fans to stand up to them and say "ENOUGH" or vote with their feet and refuse to attend games.

Sadly, I don't think it would make any difference. As long as viewers watch it on TV and sponsors and advertising revenue continue to add to the coffers, UEFA wont give a flying fuck about the matchgoing fan. Never have, never will.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:
gillie wrote:There is only one way to stop the corrupt cunts and that's for the fans to stand up to them and say "ENOUGH" or vote with their feet and refuse to attend games.

Sadly, I don't think it would make any difference. As long as viewers watch it on TV and sponsors and advertising revenue continue to add to the coffers, UEFA wont give a flying fuck about the matchgoing fan. Never have, never will.

But as fans and more importantly honest hard working human beings we really should be able to put pressure on them.Change only happens when something is'nt working properly and it needs fixing as this FFP is quite plainly is'nt.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 am

Chinners will probably cover this later, but I found this piece quite an interesting read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 25033.html

IF we did not follow up on a putative threat of legal action, I am somewhat disappointed. If UEFA did actually cave in to anything we asked of them under that threat (if indeed it was made at all), we should have taken the legal route anyway. I would imagine it is still an option, especially if, as the article unsurprisingly fails to mention, the financial rules are changed to MCFC's disadvantage once again.

This quote is interesting as well.

“There is nothing in Uefa or FFP regulations about the home-grown rule changing.”

So there is nothing to say they can't do it then. What a surprise it would be for an English journalist to actually take the interpretation that favours the English club.

edit:

ian herbert. Hmmm. A little bit of digging show that he is a scouser. Well, well, well.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:38 am

Fuck me, talk about digging up the dead. The issue with the homegrown/association players was clarified just after the sanctions were released and now they are reporting it as 'City Bending The Rules'?

Just another one of those articles that attacks us as a club and tries to paint us in a bad light. I know that it's all about the clicks but shit like this really pisses me off and I now think it's about time that the club made positive moves to stamp it out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:08 am

Anything Ian Herbert writes has as much value as a piece of shitty toilet paper.

Almost everything he writes about City, is nasty & often incorrect, as in this case where it was possible to read the rules on Champions League squad reductions prior to the announcement being made. UEFA would have had to draw up new rules to specifically punish City, as the original ones, which they have followed, result in what we see now.

The rules were not changed at all. He is a complete fucking liar.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 am

nottsblue wrote:

the match going fans can have a big impact. These are the same fans that also watch on TV, if that gets impacted then the sponsors wont be paying top dollar to teams/companies to advertise to a small audience
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 am

Anything Ian Herbert writes has as much value as a piece of shitty toilet paper.

Almost everything he writes about City, is nasty & often incorrect, as in this case where it was possible to read the rules on Champions League squad reductions prior to the announcement being made. UEFA would have had to draw up new rules to specifically punish City, as the original ones, which they have followed, result in what we see now.

The rules were not changed at all. He is a complete fucking liar.

Opportunism disguised as idealism is revolting.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:01 am

I think it is amazing how cool we are, I be just as happy if the cunts like Herbert, Custis were asked to leave before we start. Banned until further notice. I know it was a rag trick but who gives a fuck they don't
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am

Hazy2 wrote:I think it is amazing how cool we are, I be just as happy if the cunts like Herbert, Custis were asked to leave before we start. Banned until further notice. I know it was a rag trick but who gives a fuck they don't

It won't happen. We're a doormat when it comes to the press.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:jesus H christ, my position from day 1 could hardly have been clearer. I saw FFP as a threat to our club and took it seriously and argued that our owners would have to do the same. I was clearly right to given the fact that we still fell foul of it even with a massive effort not to do so. I hope it fails but I'm still not holding my breath. UEFA has a right to set its entry rules. Doomy needs to take a breather and actually go back and read my positions.

Re Ted's production of quotes to back up City being against UEFA FFP, Khaldoon didn't say any such thing. He made clear he disagreed with how it had been implemented and interpreted and still has never once said he opposes UEFA FFP. The restrictions FA FFP place on how additional income is spent in terms of the wage bill actually makes it far more restrictive in terms of the rules. Hence our clear unequivocal opposition at that level. I don't think the situation could be ever clearer. I know Ted thinks he is above the club and that they read his posts to decide who to sign and sell but this is taking narcissism a bit far.

the fact that i read that entire post disturbs me even more than your disturbing content included in it.

cheers

I take it that you're suitably disturbed then Doomie.

Mind you, I'd be disturbed if you weren't, because this is a very disturbing subject, worthy of disturbing far more disturbingly disturbed people than you disturbingly appear to be.

Whilst we're on the subject, why are you so disturbed ??

Sticking my finger up my butt 1
Mikhail Banter 0

Cheers

Very profound, but I would have expected nothing less from you.

Cheers and have a nice day.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

the match going fans can have a big impact. These are the same fans that also watch on TV, if that gets impacted then the sponsors wont be paying top dollar to teams/companies to advertise to a small audience

Agree with the sentiment. Very much so. I do think we are fighting a battle on our own though, or maybe with one or two other clubs. The vast majority of the clubs that matter,(and by that I mean the ones who control the system. The Madrids, Barcas, Bayerns, rags, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, Milan. Basically the old guard) the fans of these clubs don't give a fuck for FFP or what it means. Thwy will still go to games and these are the clubs who the sponsors and TV audiences love and want to watch.

I'd love for fans of other clubs to see FFP for what it's worth and cause a stink but I Just can't see it. You only have to look at the way the media is in this country against us. They should be fighting our corner ffs. God only knows what the foreign press have to say
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Court case starts tomorrow, from The Independent:

Manchester City’s hopes that Financial Fair Play (FFP) might be ruled illegal rest on a potentially hugely significant court case which opens in Brussels on Thursday.

The challenge to Uefa’s regime – which City fell foul of last year – has been brought by football agent Daniel Striani, and supporters of both City and Paris Saint-Germain, and will be heard over the next two days at the Court of First Instance in the Belgian capital.

Striani and the fans are being represented by Jean-Louis Dupont, one of the lawyers who secured the landmark Bosman ruling 20 years ago, with Dupont preparing to argue that FFP infringes competition law and should therefore be declared illegal.

European football’s governing body, Uefa – which will have its own legal representation in court – insists it has support for FFP from the European Commission, which in October decided not to investigate Striani’s case further. Legal opinion suggests that it may be more than a year before the case is resolved.

The case of Karen Murphy, the Portsmouth landlady who took on the Premier League, underlines how drawn out decisions can be. Ms Murphy went to court to fight for her right to use satellite decoders to show live football intended for transmission abroad.

The legal argument in the Striani case is that the break-even requirement of FFP is in breach of article 101.2 of the EU Treaty. This article prohibits cartels and other agreements that could disrupt free competition and, therefore, have an impact on consumer protection.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

do you know what, lets keep the ffp now that we will be able next year to have no restrictions and can I hope to spend a few £s, as we will be trading with a profit. but Liverpool and hopefully utd will get some restrictions and a fine after spending loads of money. even better if both don't get into champs league next year and spend big again to try to get in following season but then they will get a big fine
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 am

stevefromdonny wrote:do you know what, lets keep the ffp now that we will be able next year to have no restrictions and can I hope to spend a few £s, as we will be trading with a profit. but Liverpool and hopefully utd will get some restrictions and a fine after spending loads of money. even better if both don't get into champs league next year and spend big again to try to get in following season but then they will get a big fine

Nah David Gill is pulling the strings now.

Personally I dont think it is helpful that City and PSG fans have their name to it, but I may be wrong. Agents, players, fans, clubs are all negatively affected by this nonsense
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum