***official arsenal v city match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***official arsenal v city match thread***

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 pm

johnny99 wrote:Man of the match
Cuntenberg if arsenal can field him every week they have a great chance of winning the premier league

He always plays well against whichever team he plays for.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Fredi, jim, both excellent. More Milner please. We had the better chances and should have won, but it is not a bad point.
Long way to go yet, some think chelski have it sown up, we will see.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:29 am

Lucky we weren't 2-0 down after first 25, during which they were hammering us, so I'll take a point. We could have won it though - definite penalty and the Count has GOT TO drill it into Silva to BURY chances like that - not pretty-pretty placement - bust the bloody net with it !. Silva needs to develop a ruthless greedy assasins mentality - maybe he should watch some vid of Costa - also , as a team - WHY are we scared of shooting from the 15+ yds short of range , around the edge of the box - it's something we don't do enough
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 am

Calmed down a bit now, still think the Fern is the weak link, but accept it was stupid to play Frank in a game likely to be this frantic. I said to the Mrs he would be a mile off the pace and his first touch of the game was awful.Not lack of fitness or fatness but totally lacking in match practice. What is it with the Count? Its starting to piss me off. Surely the obvious move was Milner and Fernandinio in CM with Nasri on the left tucking in. The way he is going we will lose one of England's most athletic and combative players with no little skill when that is what the team is crying out for.And he's invariably fit which you would think would count for something. And Liverpool or Arsenal will get him for nowt, how fucking smart is that?As for the penalty, it was hard enough to see it on the tele never mind in the game so can't blame Clattenburg for that. The two fouls leading to the goals were obvious though. Next time we get him, Beefy should run on and pull his wig off!
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:31 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Calmed down a bit now, still think the Fern is the weak link, but accept it was stupid to play Frank in a game likely to be this frantic. I said to the Mrs he would be a mile off the pace and his first touch of the game was awful.Not lack of fitness or fatness but totally lacking in match practice. What is it with the Count? Its starting to piss me off. Surely the obvious move was Milner and Fernandinio in CM with Nasri on the left tucking in. The way he is going we will lose one of England's most athletic and combative players with no little skill when that is what the team is crying out for.And he's invariably fit which you would think would count for something. And Liverpool or Arsenal will get him for nowt, how fucking smart is that?As for the penalty, it was hard enough to see it on the tele never mind in the game so can't blame Clattenburg for that. The two fouls leading to the goals were obvious though. Next time we get him, Beefy should run on and pull his wig off!

Nasri is always poor against Arsenal. The boos affect him.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Did anyone feel we missed Yaya yesterday? I'm really ob the fence. On one hand, he's the kind of player that can win you games from nought by simply doing something out of this world. On the other hand, I think he would have slowed down our play and thua nullified our counters with e.g. Navas. I also think Arsenal would have run through our midfield even more easily. Lampard certainly wasn't match fit, but he did work hard.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:06 pm

mr_nool wrote:Did anyone feel we missed Yaya yesterday? I'm really ob the fence. On one hand, he's the kind of player that can win you games from nought by simply doing something out of this world. On the other hand, I think he would have slowed down our play and thua nullified our counters with e.g. Navas. I also think Arsenal would have run through our midfield even more easily. Lampard certainly wasn't match fit, but he did work hard.

I wince every time he is named in a two man central midfield, it's pot luck as to whether it's a match he decides to put some serious sustained effort into. Having said that, Fernandinho is used to covering for him, and he had to cover the entire first half for a 36 year old anyway (which some others are not giving him allowance for), so maybe it wouldn't have been any worse with Yaya in the side - we would probably have missed Jimmy's performance in the middle though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:16 pm

mr_nool wrote:Did anyone feel we missed Yaya yesterday? I'm really ob the fence. On one hand, he's the kind of player that can win you games from nought by simply doing something out of this world. On the other hand, I think he would have slowed down our play and thua nullified our counters with e.g. Navas. I also think Arsenal would have run through our midfield even more easily. Lampard certainly wasn't match fit, but he did work hard.

Not missed as such. We played well without him.

He might have been able to intimidate clattenberk a bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Miss our best player? Possibly.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Miss our best player? Possibly.

People may ask themselves what 'Yaya actually does?', just like me sometimes, but he scares the bejesus out of the teams we play.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:22 pm

I suppose what Dameerto is saying is what annoys me about the Fern. Its always some other fuckers fault.They used to call Venables Teflon Tel cos shit never stuck to him.The Fern always, but always escapes criticism.Miss a tackle by a fuckin mile, pass to the oppo, blast it twenty feet over the bar, no one ever says fuck all. Eventually make a tackle and come out with the ball and every one is fuckin purrin. When is it going to dawn that this team cant block up midfield and he's the main reason, imo. Any way I'm gonna shut up about it for the rest of the season cos its getting like a stuck record, lol.Not least cos I think Fernando(at £12 mill is gonna play ahead of him,£30 mill and no other cunt bidding, Ted)when fit But it would be nice to see a level playing field for all the players, from the management and the posters.Anyone else think Cliché is having a real good go at getting his game back on track?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:37 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

yesterdays game would have seen yaya sent off, he is too physical and Ramsey, wilshite and Ozil would have fallen over yaya's shadow and waved their card hand at the referee every time.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

yesterdays game would have seen yaya sent off, he is too physical and Ramsey, wilshite and Ozil would have fallen over yaya's shadow and waved their card hand at the referee every time.

Tbf Yaya would have fallen over his own shadow aswell.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 pm

If I played against Arsenal I would be sent off every game for smashing Jack the lad to fucking pieces.I can't stand the whiny little cunt.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Tbf Yaya would have fallen over his own shadow aswell.

yeah but that would constitute a dive and he would have been sent off anyway, you just cant win :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum