Game Officials

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Game Officials

Postby Trautmann » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Once again we see what was a hugely entertaining game distorted and destroyed by a referee. The yellow/red card system is causing problems--there is a lack of clarity and consistency in the decision making--it seems some refs are unable to distinguish between minor and major fouls. Today's red card on Zabs mis-interpreted what transpired--it looked to me that the Chelsea player was the aggressor and Zabaleta was the calmer.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:41 am

Schurrle's hack at Kompany on 68.08 could easily have been a red. Knee-high, potentially dangerous, far more than either of Zaba's challenges: totally ignored.

Fabregas's challenge on Mangala, exactly the same as Silva's yellow card: no yellow card.

I could go on because there are many, many more.

There are simply too many inconsistencies for them to be honest mistakes. For the first time, there are genuine doubts about the partiality of mister dean. I think it is quite a sad day for refereeing in English football. He was the last reliable one.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:00 am

I was livid when we had two penalty claims, and Dean said no, eh that happens, but acted like a cocky cunt and grinned, tapping the side of his head as if to highlight how much if a bald cunt he could be.

Didn't matter if Cahill had dropped trou and shafted dzeko up the arse as he hacked him down, I knew from then on in, we weren't getting a penalty today.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 am

Slim wrote:I was livid when we had two penalty claims, and Dean said no, eh that happens, but acted like a cocky cunt and grinned, tapping the side of his head as if to highlight how much if a bald cunt he could be.

Didn't matter if Cahill had dropped trou and shafted dzeko up the arse as he hacked him down, I knew from then on in, we weren't getting a penalty today.

Precisely. It was the "I am shafting you, you know it and there is fuck all you can do about it" snidey grin we have seen many times before from numerous refs but never from him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:48 am

Slim wrote:I was livid when we had two penalty claims, and Dean said no, eh that happens, but acted like a cocky cunt and grinned, tapping the side of his head as if to highlight how much if a bald cunt he could be.

It is very disturbing.

I had my doubts at Wembley with the young ref and since then in the PL they certainly haven't gone away.

If you look at the ease with which our players have been carded, you might think there is a vendetta against us.

Zabs first card was not even a foul. If Dean was to award a foul it must be fir the tackle before he loses the ball clattering into Zabs.

Dean clearly doesn't play football. He would know that Fabregas's cheap sly foul was as as bad as Silvas. A thing that Nasri does a lot btw. Silva deserved the card and so to Fabregas.

It is the smarmy grin on his face and the arrogance of the man.

These refs are Prima Donnas and need sorting out.

Chelsea were always on the back foot They scored a good goal on the break. The ref stopped us getting three points not Chelsea.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 am

The ref's do seem to be dictating our games of late and it reminds me of the same systematic decision making that accompanied our first PL winning season (I like saying that). It started off with many calls going against us until Mancini et al brought it up in conferences etc and then we seemed to get a level playing field. However, for the next couple of months it then seemed that the Rags were getting dodgy calls go for them until it was highlighted again by Paddy V. Without some decidedly dodgy officiating I think we would have walked it that season and had a better shout the season after, instead we had to play to the wire and were miles off in Taggarts retirement year.

From what we've seen thus far, it does look quite obvious that somebody has had a word because there is no way that the same things keep happening but with different referees. It's hard enough as it is when you play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool et al but to do it with near enough every call go against you is really going to take it's toll.

When you look at the stats for this game it becomes apparent that even though we have 15% more possession (even after going down to 10 men) and a near 90% pass rate, we seemingly don't know how to tackle as when they had the ball we gave away near enough a foul every other tackle leading to Chelsea attaining a 90% tackle rate.

Well, I suppose it's true if you look at the Kolarov foul on the line where Schuurle took him clean out but because he got a toe near the ball then it was only a throw-in.

'Ohhhhh No', as the Sky Sports commentators said when we scored, is exactly what the referees have got in-mind to giving us a call.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:09 am

Silva has certainly done something to piss the refs off. I don't think in recent years I've seen someone get hacked at as much yet hardly ever gets a foul.
Same goes for Aguero as well, because he doesn't fall on his arse as soon as he's touched he gets nothing.
Maybe it's time to start taking a leaf out if Wilshires book..........on second thoughts please don't.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Redna » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:21 am

Foreign referees would be a very fresh thing in the PL. No "old stories" with teams and managers.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:24 am

gmercer1 wrote:Silva has certainly done something to piss the refs off. I don't think in recent years I've seen someone get hacked at as much yet hardly ever gets a foul.
Same goes for Aguero as well, because he doesn't fall on his arse as soon as he's touched he gets nothing.
Maybe it's time to start taking a leaf out if Wilshires book..........on second thoughts please don't.

As we seen yesterday, Dean played advantage for Chelsea many times, sometimes a bringing it back a couple of phases later, so you'd think if he was at least playing advantage for us we'd get the same treatment yet it seemed there were completely different rules for us again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 am

Refs, are to familiar with players, we need a lot more to rota, Fabregas was being treated like his son yesterday, can't get back so trip the player kick the ball away half a dozen times. To comfortable with the situation and never in a million years using a fair mind, They are reffing in a perfect way for the likes ofthe deluded one, stop start , break away nick a lead and hang on with a ref conditioned to the likes of Fabregas taking the piss. If the twat upfront for them played for Stoke he would have been sent off. One team trying to play one team and ref rapped up in there own world of anti-football.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:52 am

Redna wrote:Foreign referees would be a very fresh thing in the PL. No "old stories" with teams and managers.
CTID!!

Champions league refs are atrocious. Big NO from me.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:22 am

ugh... eh... high five... bump.
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:01 pm

The thing that would help to get better refs is if ex-players could be tempted to take up the job.But that won't happen because they know they can make a shed load of money by being pundits.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john68 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 pm

If you run the Premier League, you want to maximise profit when selling it to the global media and maximising billions in profit.

What better way than to create a private company of on field game controllers. Having done that, you would need to ensure that these officials are barred from speaking out publicly and also anyone within the game would face punishment if they ever dared to complain or criticise decisions or performances. Finally, you would need a compliant media with a vested interest to ensure their own audiences/readership figures were maximised to increase advertising and sell on income.

No system is infallible but as we have seen, Pellergrinidaren't say too much, the media won't report it and though City have avoided defeat against major Premier League brands. it has ensured we have been penalised (up to now) by 4pts in our last 2 games.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Fuck the officials , I saw enough out there to convince me that we will be neck and neck with Chelsea despite cunts like that twat we had yesterday.

On a side note , what was I thinking when once upon a time I wanted Mourinho in as manager ??!!!...I could have thrown a brick through the tele when I saw him rambling on.

Pellegrini putting in Lampard towards the end showed what a real master class tactical move that was...it mentally unbalanced Chelsea......excellent.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:38 pm

There's no use half complaining after the event, Pellegrini needs to take a leaf out of Maureen and Bacon's book, although I suspect he's too nice to do it. He needs to put pressure on the ref pre-match by rebinding everyone of the dodgy decision last time and how you hope it doesn't happen again. After performances like the last two, he needs to put a £20k cheque in the post to the FA then come out and annihilate the referee - question his decisions, his integrity, his parentage, his hairstyle, anything. They need to be terrified that any decision against us will result in everyone scrutinising the decision and a possible trip to the Championship.

I'm sick of us being nice and trying to portray a friendly image whilst the media shit on us. Fuck 'em, tell them they're bent to their faces
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Match thread title should now read*** CITY v Chelsea ( or whoever ) & The Officials *** Match Thread..Fabafukingas well words fail ..
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote: For the first time, there are genuine doubts about the partiality of mister dean. I think it is quite a sad day for refereeing in English football. He was the last reliable one.

I agree. I used to be happy when I saw that dean would be officiating our match. he's been tainted.

even if you dismiss the notion of a conspiracy, I think it's quite obvious that the officials have decided to clamp down on our tackling this season. every foul is now a yellow card offence. i suspect moaning cunts like wenger are to blame.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Card happy, too fussy, missed a cert pen in the first half for us and Zabs first booking was a joke. Fabregas and Ivanovic did far worse and walked away scott free.

Oh for a decent ref once in a while.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:47 pm

john68 wrote:If you run the Premier League, you want to maximise profit when selling it to the global media and maximising billions in profit.

What better way than to create a private company of on field game controllers. Having done that, you would need to ensure that these officials are barred from speaking out publicly and also anyone within the game would face punishment if they ever dared to complain or criticise decisions or performances. Finally, you would need a compliant media with a vested interest to ensure their own audiences/readership figures were maximised to increase advertising and sell on income.

No system is infallible but as we have seen, Pellergrinidaren't say too much, the media won't report it and though City have avoided defeat against major Premier League brands. it has ensured we have been penalised (up to now) by 4pts in our last 2 games.

So much so that the linesman are flagging for the likes of Wilshire booting Glichy in the air, Clattenburg ignores what is a minimum yellow and on Mike Deans performance Sunday a cast iron Red.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum