***Official City vs Bayern Munich***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official City vs Bayern Munich***

Postby Jon London » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Nasri had been terrible all season and yes hate to say it but Yaya was like running on Tesco own batteries rather than Duracell. This Bayern team were there for the taking but terrible substitutions cost us. The subs should have been in this order Milner for Yaya Lampard for Nasri and Mangala for Clichy as he had been booked. Lampard would have had the nous to keep the concentration amongst the players to stop a goal. Dzeko was the most likely to score despite what Neville was saying. We need to turn up on Sunday big time! Boy we miss Fernando too.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Totally unrelated, if the Scots decide to fuck off can we just cut them off and if they cross the border just kill them on sight?

Alternatively, just let them vote 'Yes' and allow them to cut their own throats?

Salmond's out for himself without a real manifesto and what I hear before about 'We've been bailing out England ......', it's quite interesting that people would actually go for it.

Fuck it people, vote 'Yes', there's nothing to lose ........ bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well , you can kill a Scotsman if he's on horseback with a bow and arrow, but only if you spot the Sweaty bastard on the 1st April in York.

I got fuckign cramp in the bushes waiting.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby kinkylola » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:40 pm

really think the rags got one over on us getting di maria ... imagine playing him instead of nasri or even yaya in this game ... at least he'd have done something. Yaya looked terrible.

Really disappointed, that game was there to be won.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 pm

kinkylola wrote:really think the rags got one over on us getting di maria ... imagine playing him instead of nasri or even yaya in this game ... at least he'd have done something. Yaya looked terrible.

Really disappointed, that game was there to be won.

DiMaria would have been a fantastic signing; at 30 mil.

At 60 mil ? No fucking chance would we have paid that for him, even without ffp.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Dogged and determined, with Hart excellent, Ferna energetic and the back 4 solid.

However we offered little threat as an attacking force- virtually none in the second half - and not for the first time in this comp we played on the back foot as we always seem to do, as though we are overawed by our surroundings.

Toure was anonymous, just as he has been all season, and you can't carry passengers in midfield in games like tonight. Again Milners great showing on Saturday was rewarded with being plonked on the bench, and he should have started alongside Ferna with Toure pushed up and Nasri sacrificed. Nasri too has started the season poorly, looking leg weary and slow footed at times. Fernando was a huge miss for us tonight; this week has 3 exact games he was purchased for and yet he's out injured, getting crocked in a game vs Stoke in which he wasn't really required - immensely annoying.

21 games now into our CL "adventure" and how many times have we played well in this comp? Tonight means, as usual, we are chasing the group; means a 2nd place group finish at best, as usual; at best we will then get a horrid last 16 draw, as usual; we will be out before the business end, as usual.

We need a whole lot more from our big name players on nights like tonight. Our lack of top quality going forward and lack of ambition in the 2nd half, made the late Bayern winner virtually inevitable.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Philistine » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:40 am

Very condemning there, Goater. That said, I agree with most of what you said.
Have to say Bernat at LB for Bayern impressed me somewhat.. With Navas sandwiched between him and Alaba he had his work cut out for him.
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby phips » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:28 am

we did well for 87 mins playing 10 vs. 11.

we never looked like threatening. it was going to be a 0-0 draw or a loss. we held on for as long as we couple playing a man down but couldn't do it for the last 7.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 am

Ferna was amazing last night. Nothing short of it. MoM for me, followed by Hart.

Again, Yaya should've been subbed. I think that cost us the game tactically, keeping him on the pitch that is.

On a sidenote, and this is no defence of Hart in any way, we faced the best keeper in the world and he commited several errors, including a couple of blatant ones where he passed the ball poorly and almost set us up for some nice counter attacks. Is he still the best goal keeper in the world? Yes, yes he is.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Not long ago we were going Jekyl over defeats pretty much anywhere we went ! now we are pissed of we don'f bag a draw at Bayern, Mental when you think about it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Have to admit last night was a bitter pill to swallow . Disappointed with how we went about the last 10 minutes or so , can't understand why Yaya was pushed high up the pitch and why we couldn't keep hold of the ball ? A draw would have been great but we will pick ourselves up and go a again ......... the big games are coming thick and fast very early in the season but we have to cope with it , a win v Chelski would be the perfect pick me up . Lastly on a more downbeat note ....... Nasri and Yaya,s form are a cause for concern , both either don't look fit or not up for it , get it fucking sorted Pellegrini !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 pm

"We had some huge chances in the first half and we had the better chances over the full 90 minutes.

"We've played one of the best teams around and they're very dangerous. You don't win matches like that just by turning up.

"We worked hard and we're pleased with the win. We wanted to open with a win, although it's obviously lucky when the winning goal comes so late."
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Great attitude shown by Bayern manager & team before, during & after the game.

The people who run it may be a bunch of cunts, but as a team they just saw off a full strength City team without their three best players, & two fullbacks playing in midfield.

More discipline, better workrate, better tactically on a day when in a footballling sense, they were almost as bad as us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Great attitude shown by Bayern manager & team before, during & after the game.

The people who run it may be a bunch of cunts, but as a team they just saw off a full strength City team without their three best players, & two fullbacks playing in midfield.

More discipline, better workrate, better tactically on a day when in a footballling sense, they were almost as bad as us.

Spot on Ted, I still think we have another gear which we will have to find b4 Roma away or that will be a Napoli night of mahem and defeat, You might not agree but Xfaxtor of the likes of a Bale, Messi, Tranny still looks to me where we are short that threat means teams like Bayern are always worried about rapid counter attack, we did a great job on Alonso, but we did nothing bar one break with Sergio in the 2nd half, that aint winning the Champs league, we also carried 3 or 4 the other night, which listening to Vinny was not what he saw coming.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ratarata » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:57 pm

I now Im a bit late BUT .....Cant believe we let Boateng go!

Does anyone know why? The guys is a bone crunching tackler / enforcer and attacking players pretty much always come off second best

I heard he pushed a trolley into another players knee on a flight haha

Anyone?
ratarata
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:18 pm

ratarata wrote:I now Im a bit late BUT .....Cant believe we let Boateng go!

Does anyone know why? The guys is a bone crunching tackler / enforcer and attacking players pretty much always come off second best

Anyone?

wrong on all counts. quite frankly an embarrassing first post.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 pm

ratarata wrote:I now Im a bit late BUT .....Cant believe we let Boateng go!

Anyone?

Sniff
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ratarata » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Sorry pushed it into his own knee :) Anyway, sad to see him go. Him and Kompany would be rocks. Thanks for the welcome :)

"Jerome Boateng must wait a month to make his Manchester City debut after aggravating an injury in a collision with an aeroplane drinks trolley."
ratarata
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:54 pm

ratarata wrote:Sorry pushed it into his own knee :) Anyway, sad to see him go. Him and Kompany would be rocks. Thanks for the welcome :)

"Jerome Boateng must wait a month to make his Manchester City debut after aggravating an injury in a collision with an aeroplane drinks trolley."

Awesome info thanks .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Canada??!!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby ruralblue » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Canada??!!

No it was away at Stoke!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum