What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 pm

If Roma played the same formation as us, with DeRossi & whoever, we would have them for breakfast, (or should I say, our Premier League team would have them for breakfast, as the Champions League side would struggle vs Rangers or Bate Borisov).

We had all this shit when we played Napoli 'oh what a great side they are, let's sign all their players' then Chelsea rolled them over without getting out of 1st gear.

We are SHIT in Europe. Not only in the Champions League, but in the Europa too. We are SHIT.

Not Yaya, fucking City. City are SHIT in Europe. It's not down to one player, it's down to the whole team & the manager (s), the formation, the attitude, everything.

How much better was Vincent Kompamy's performance last night than Yaya's ? Answer: it wasn't: he was SHIT. He wasn't good enough to play in our Premier League team, neither was Demichelis. They were both SHIT. Dzeko was the only player who would have been deserving of a place in our Premier League team & the manager took him off, because the manager was SHIT. Mancini was SHIT.

If Yaya had been playing for Roma, he would be taking the fucking piss like Maicon & Gervinho. We've seen Maicon for City, he is SHIT. We've seen Gervinho, he is SHIT.

The reason they were giving us problems & a 38 year old scored the kind of goal usually only scored by a younger quicker player, is because we are SHIT in Europe.

We would never concede that goal to that player in the Premier League. Never.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If Roma played the same formation as us, with DeRossi & whoever, we would have them for breakfast, (or should I say, our Premier League team would have them for breakfast, as the Champions League side would struggle vs Rangers or Bate Borisov).

We had all this shit when we played Napoli 'oh what a great side they are, let's sign all their players' then Chelsea rolled them over without getting out of 1st gear.

We are SHIT in Europe. Not only in the Champions League, but in the Europa too. We are SHIT.

Not Yaya, fucking City. City are SHIT in Europe. It's not down to one player, it's down to the whole team & the manager (s), the formation, the attitude, everything.

How much better was Vincent Kompamy's performance last night than Yaya's ? Answer: it wasn't: he was SHIT. He wasn't good enough to play in our Premier League team, neither was Demichelis. They were both SHIT. Dzeko was the only player who would have been deserving of a place in our Premier League team & the manager took him off, because the manager was SHIT. Mancini was SHIT.

If Yaya had been playing for Roma, he would be taking the fucking piss like Maicon & Gervinho. We've seen Maicon for City, he is SHIT. We've seen Gervinho, he is SHIT.

The reason they were giving us problems & a 38 year old scored the kind of goal usually only scored by a younger quicker player, is because we are SHIT in Europe.

apart from shit ones that play for stoke?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If Roma played the same formation as us, with DeRossi & whoever, we would have them for breakfast, (or should I say, our Premier League team would have them for breakfast, as the Champions League side would struggle vs Rangers or Bate Borisov).

Do you need reminding that we are the Premier League Champions ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Do you need reminding that we are the Premier League Champions ?

"premier league: a league in decline" or similar. of course it's bollox, but year after year of PL failures in Europe (most notably ours) will make you start to wonder.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

How much better was Vincent Kompamy's performance last night than Yaya's ? Answer: it wasn't: he was SHIT. He wasn't good enough to play in our Premier League team, neither

was Demichelis. They were both SHIT. Dzeko was the only player who would have been deserving of a place in our Premier League team & the manager took him off, because the manager was SHIT. Mancini was SHIT.

We never look comfortable be it here or away, I see no improvement in us we don't help ourself the adjustment to the formation should have been done swiftly not wasting an hour of a game we never had control of, that is a question for Pellers. We also manage to lose width and somehow get the opposition doing to us what we do in the premier league.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

We don't really have Premier League failures in Europe apart from City & even we got through to the next stage last season. Chelsea won it a few years back, then everyone said Bayern & Dortmund were unstoppable only for them to be stopped.

It's a load of bollocks imo. In the flesh I've seen one really great side & that was Bayern last season, but even then they only scored because we helped them, & as soon as we started to play, Boateng & Co went to pieces just as they did in Germany. Barca were obviously a great team u der Pep & Real have a couple of great players, but Chelsea have shown that it's possible to get to the final with hard work, as did Inter.

We are simply not playing at anything like our true level & as soon as we do, we tear teams apart. But we only do it for 5 mins in a game then bottle it again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

That Joe Hart was unfortunate ,slipping as he came out to challenge Totti, is what we have to accept.

It does however hide the fact that Kompany and Demi were hopelessly disorganised .

Totti is 38 for godsake. 38 ,slow and over the hill.

That's how bad our defending was .Let's not talk about Clichy ... jeez has he lost the plot.

Pellegrini must sort it out. Blimey he even was stupid enough to take Edin off instead of Kun. who is also in need of a kick in the pants. talk about lazy....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:46 am

wiser words have never been spoken…

which is why, until City prove other wise, a pessimist like me cares only about the domestic trophies.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:30 am

But We dont have SHIT players.

Defending from defenders and midfielders was pathetic for their goal and when maicaon hit the bar, plus other occasions too when they got in with relative ease. No pressing, No TACKLING, standing five yards off with no basic effort to fight for the ball or close them down, they had hours to pick a pass. We might get away with this lazy approach in the PL but no way against better european sides.
Toure gets a lot of shit, probably too much, as his attacking qualities get him out of jail, but he is not good enough to play in amiddle two from a defensive prespective. He needs two behind/alongside. If thats done a striker needs to be omitted. Maybe i am missing something here, but i cant understand why Pellirgini doesnt deal with this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 am

Can't really be arsed going all through this, but on the first page there was a lot of venom toward Nasri who's in a hospital bed ffs.
Get a fuckin grip.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 am

sheblue wrote:But We dont have SHIT players.

Defending from defenders and midfielders was pathetic for their goal and when maicaon hit the bar, plus other occasions too when they got in with relative ease. No pressing, No TACKLING, standing five yards off with no basic effort to fight for the ball or close them down, they had hours to pick a pass. We might get away with this lazy approach in the PL but no way against better european sides.
Toure gets a lot of shit, probably too much, as his attacking qualities get him out of jail, but he is not good enough to play in amiddle two from a defensive prespective. He needs two behind/alongside. If thats done a striker needs to be omitted. Maybe i am missing something here, but i cant understand why Pellirgini doesnt deal with this.

The idea is, we are supposed to keep he ball, like Barca, then the WHOLE TEAM, chase to get it back like Barca (used to). But we give the ball away, & only a few players (usually Fernandinho & Yaya) really try to get it back. Silva makes a tken effort then gives up, Aguero does fuck all, Dzeko runs back to try & get involved but in the end, if Yaya, Fern & the back 4 don't do it, we're mostly fucked.

So obviously, Yaya is not upto that job.

Pellegrini keeps trying it, hoping we will get better at it. Mancini signed Garcia & Rodwell hoping they would sort it out but they couldn't & we were better without Rodwell. The latest hope is Fernando. He looks better equipped for it tbf but still it will be asking Yaya to be a key defender, which is like asking Nasri to be a key defender.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:56 am

Interestingly Fernandinho said that in the CL we were playing top european teams who had a lot of players who were technically very good and we had to learn to play differently. Perhaps a hint of disagreement between a player and the manager?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:09 pm

I can think of one thing he did today
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:13 pm

He wins games. Big man steps up. YAYAYAAY
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Had a good game today. Bet he's had the most touches, the most passes, made interceptions, looked threatening and scored the all important first goal. More of the same every week please
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby littlebig » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:27 pm

He's been poor so far this season but that was a big big goal today in fairness. Well done Yaya
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Apart from the goal thought he put in a very good shift today, much better when fernando came on. Love to see him just ahead of the two ferds behind the main striker.
Come on manuel you know it makes sense.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Lets hope this kicks him into gear as we need his goals.
Yeah
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:13 pm

sheblue wrote:Apart from the goal thought he put in a very good shift today, much better when fernando came on. Love to see him just ahead of the two ferds behind the main striker.

Apart from the goal he was actually shite...his passes were to anyone and no one..sideways.
I hope this goal spurs him on as he has performed like Nasri till now...both shite.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Apart from the goal thought he put in a very good shift today, much better when fernando came on. Love to see him just ahead of the two ferds behind the main striker.

Apart from the goal he was actually shite...his passes were to anyone and no one..sideways.
I hope this goal spurs him on as he has performed like Nasri till now...both shite.

Me had a bank of 5 and a bank of 4 in between him and the goal at all times. If he hadn't gone sideways you'd be screaming he had given it away too much. Can't ask much more than what he did today for my money.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum