What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I guarantee if he was a Madrid player and he put in a shift like he did at Bayern and repeated it in the next extremely important league game, he woyld be fucked off quicker than you can put the icing on a cake

He won't get away with it here but the point is; he never has. He has dne this before, & people including me have moaned about it, then two weeks later, he hits a spell where suddenly he's the best player in the country, then he turns into his grandad again, then just as you want to kick his arse out of the team, he becomes the best player in the country again.

The time he gets fucked off, is when he stays like he is now, & doesn't get any better. If that happns for a period of time, the Count will drop him.

But will he rock up and perform in the games that really matter. Chelsea for example. Not at home to Hull or some other shite when we will win irrespective of his output in the game. Sell your players when they have peaked to maximise revenue. Think we slipped up in the summer in not unloading him. He will need replacing in a year, or two at the very latest so why not at the point when we can get maximum revenue from him?

Sad to say but i think we've seen the best of Yaya and there will be more games like Bayern when he infuriates the fuck out of us as he strolls around while the match bypasses him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby kinkylola » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:08 pm

I would not be upset at selling yaya to PSG or whomever for 40m in the winter window. I think it would be a huge boost for us and we could go grab some young, hungry players. If Yaya actually starts putting work in, I'll probably feel differently ... but it's a shame that feelings towards such a talented player blow so hot and cold. It's his own fault. Even if he gave a consistent medium level effort, it'd be tolerable.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Bollocks Ted, you never saw Colin when Bury beat us 3-1, lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Blue2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Do we really have to go through this all again? On his day our most influential player, not so far this season I know. But lets wait and see and give him a chance.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Just to play Devil's Advocate: might it not be the case that he's still having a lot of grief from the death of his brother and the fact that he didn't go (or did he, I don't remember?) visit him before he died? Can fuck a man up, is all I'm saying.

No mate. It's still all about the cake.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 am

Whatever the fuck he wants it appears..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:57 am

He didn't seem to be arsed in the Munich game. Just fannying about in small circles letting midfield runners get in behind him. Hard to forgive him. He needs a big improvement on Sunday. If Pellegrini plays him on Sunday with Fernadinho in central midfield I'll scream. Milner must play in Fernando's absence from the start and in the centre. If not Hazard will have a field day Chelsea will win and our League title will be all but gone. Given our difficult position in the CL Pellegrini absolutely has to keep Chelsea in his sights. He'll be aware of what happened to the last City manager to defend the League title poorly and fuck up in the CL.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't think we had any serious offers for Yaya, and won't in the future. Clubs would take him cheap but not pay what he is worth because of his age.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Blue2 wrote:Do we really have to go through this all again? On his day our most influential player, not so far this season I know. But lets wait and see and give him a chance.

^^^
This
for fucks sake
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Pellegrini presser on SSN just now backing Yaya and his "commitment" , all is good with him he says .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Blue2 wrote:Do we really have to go through this all again? On his day our most influential player, not so far this season I know. But lets wait and see and give him a chance.

I was going to say that.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Look these players always bang on about how much they want to play in the CL. Some players won't even come to a club which isn't in the CL. By any standards this was a big match. If he'd sweated buckets and just played shit I would have understood it but he didn't appear to be bothered which put enormous pressure on his team mates not least Fernandinho. He let the whole team down. People are pissed about that and they've every right to be. I think he should play on Sunday in a more forward role with Milner and Fernandinho playing deeper. Many more performances like this week's however and the Club should consider getting rid.

I don't think that's unfair at all.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:39 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

I was going to say that.

Plus his brother just died so show him some support for fucks sake!!! Isn't this what supporters are for?!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:31 am

bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I was going to say that.

Plus his brother just died so show him some support for fucks sake!!! Isn't this what supporters are for?!

I'll commiserate and support him all he wants if he stays the fuck away from the first eleven if that is the problem (which I don't think it is).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:20 am

Another question with Yaya, is; how good is he & how valuable is he to our team ?

A lot of the attention has been on him not getting in enough challenges & jogging around the pitch etc etc, but should he have to ?

Aguero isn't expected to run back 50 yards & stop Frank Ribery & if he was asked to do it, he would go missing. Silva was 2nd or 3rd to every 50/50 ball in Munich. Should we expect Yaya to be chasing around at 31, or should we build the team with him as the main player, & pick other players to be his 'legs' whilst we let him do what he wants ?

Would Pep have left Alonso plus one other to stop us from attacking ? He effectively played 6 in midfield at our place last season.
Would Pirlo be expected to track David Silva, or would his job be to get on the ball ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Redna » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 am

Maybe he is in a depression. That can happen to anyone regardless of their bank balance.
It's terrible when it's strucks you.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:39 am

Pellegrini expected Yaya to play deep and help protect the back four along with Fernandinho. By any standards he utterly failed to do that job and did precious little going forward. If we insist on playing two in central midfield against the better teams with Yaya as one of them it's suicide. If Pellegrini sets up like that against Chelsea I'll despair. Milner has to start in the centre.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:57 am

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini expected Yaya to play deep and help protect the back four along with Fernandinho. By any standards he utterly failed to do that job and did precious little going forward. If we insist on playing two in central midfield against the better teams with Yaya as one of them it's suicide. If Pellegrini sets up like that against Chelsea I'll despair. Milner has to start in the centre.

For me the problem was exacerbated when Yaya went forward, when he was playing deep he was doing ok, not great by any means but ok. When he went forward he seemed to take it as an invitation not to try a leg and this allowed Bayern to take the ball out from the back quite comfortably, this is what ultimately cost us imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 pm

bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I was going to say that.

If he was that bothered, maybe he should have visited him on his death bed rather than holidaying in Qatar whilst morning about cakes.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I was going to say that.

If he was that bothered, maybe he should have visited him on his death bed rather than holidaying in Qatar whilst morning about cakes.

He wasn't holidaying was he? He was at a clinic trying to regain fitness ahead of the WC with other members of the Ivory Coast squad who were also carrying injuries.

I'm not trying to excuse anything that happened but he was there because he was sent there.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum