What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:29 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Apart from the goal thought he put in a very good shift today, much better when fernando came on. Love to see him just ahead of the two ferds behind the main striker.
Come on manuel you know it makes sense.

Apart from the goal he was actually shite...his passes were to anyone and no one..sideways.
I hope this goal spurs him on as he has performed like Nasri till now...both shite.

It must've been someone else that I saw linking up so well with Silva in the second half, threading all them passes through midfield to find Silva in between the lines. I could've swore it was Yaya but since all his passes were sideways this couldn't be possible.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:45 am

I agree with Carl. He had a very bad first half and I was thinking he should be subbed in the 2nd. Ferni's injury possibly saved him from that. His goal was well taken and we all know he's capable of producing these moments of magic. That was never in doubt. His attitude in most matches since the start of the season was in question and hopefully that is behind him now as he regains confidence and keeps banging them in.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:30 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
sheblue wrote:Apart from the goal thought he put in a very good shift today, much better when fernando came on. Love to see him just ahead of the two ferds behind the main striker.

Apart from the goal he was actually shite...his passes were to anyone and no one..sideways.
I hope this goal spurs him on as he has performed like Nasri till now...both shite.

It must've been someone else that I saw linking up so well with Silva in the second half, threading all them passes through midfield to find Silva in between the lines. I could've swore it was Yaya but since all his passes were sideways this couldn't be possible.

he did a few passes, lets not get carried away or use that to amount to an amazing performance.

he did look more fired up before and after the goal, now that he has a goal, lets hope he starts performing.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:11 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

he did a few passes, lets not get carried away or use that to amount to an amazing performance.

he did look more fired up before and after the goal, now that he has a goal, lets hope he starts performing.

Who said anything about an amazing performance? I was pointing out that in the second half his passes were forward, attacking passes which anybody with an ounce of cop on would be aware of.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Spurge » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:17 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Who said anything about an amazing performance? I was pointing out that in the second half his passes were forward, attacking passes which anybody with an ounce of cop on would be aware of.

This
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Your forgiven.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Your forgiven.

It's you're, e.g. you're a moron.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Your forgiven.

It's you're, e.g. you're a moron.

Sure you're not mistaken again?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:29 pm

We will miss Yaya when he is not available. Fernandhino did a hamstring yesterday. Yaya won't be back in time from international duty for the Spurs game. If Fern is not back from injury for that then we may have a problem.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well we have seen him do shite before. Yesterday he wasn't shite, not at his best but not shite. He was very good when fernando came on. Probably wouldn't have won it without him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:24 pm

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well we have seen him do shite before. Yesterday he wasn't shite, not at his best but not shite. He was very good when fernando came on. Probably wouldn't have won it without him.

Shite was an overreaction, but he has been average at best this season so far....cannot remember his last surging run. Like I said,hopefully his goal will spur him on.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 1664agreatyear » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:47 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:We will miss Yaya when he is not available. Fernandhino did a hamstring yesterday. Yaya won't be back in time from international duty for the Spurs game. If Fern is not back from injury for that then we may have a problem.
Why won`t Yaya be back in time ? Ivory Coast play on a weds don`t they ?
1664agreatyear
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:11 pm

1664agreatyear wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:We will miss Yaya when he is not available. Fernandhino did a hamstring yesterday. Yaya won't be back in time from international duty for the Spurs game. If Fern is not back from injury for that then we may have a problem.

Yes they play Wednesday evenng. This was the same a few weeks ago in the last international break. Yaya did not get back until Friday which meant it was too late for him to play at Arsenal. I'm assuming the same scenario. Why would it be different? Yaya may have to play but won't be ready after that amount of travelling.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:49 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
1664agreatyear wrote:

Yes they play Wednesday evenng. This was the same a few weeks ago in the last international break. Yaya did not get back until Friday which meant it was too late for him to play at Arsenal. I'm assuming the same scenario. Why would it be different? Yaya may have to play but won't be ready after that amount of travelling.

With our current strength in depth I'd hope that we're not looking to play him and give him a rest. I think the reason we're not looking as sharp has usual is because Yaya isn't quite on the ball but regardless, he's still what makes the rest of the team tick and his form is vital to the way we play.

We've got 7 games crammed into 21 days (game every 3 days) once we return and it's essential we keep all our players fit and ready to go. Pellers has a job on his hand to maximise the players, especially as we have less choice to play players in the CL, before they go off again and the Christmas fixtures kick-in (11 games from 22 Nov - 1 Jan (game every 3.6 days).

I think being in all comps is going to take its toll and, for me, we will have to priorities to ensure maximum exposure. This is probably the season where I'd say we put the LC, and then the FA Cup, on the backburner, as long as we still have a chance in the CL. Not a nice thought but if our goal is to do well in the CL then something has to be sacrificed, we're not ready for the quadruple yet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby 1664agreatyear » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:50 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
1664agreatyear wrote:

Fair enough ..lets hope Fernandinho is fit then
1664agreatyear
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby smileysamir » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 am

Yaya in numbers v Villa (despite scoring it's not a good read)... 1 goal scored, 2 missed through balls, 1 dribbled past, 2 50/50 battles lost, 1 lost ball on first touch.

http://www.oulala.com/en/player-profile/yaya-toure/1866

smileysamir
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: nasri

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:51 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
1664agreatyear wrote:

What problem? Fernando and Lampard can cover! Thats not a bad duo to have as back up, is it?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am

smileysamir wrote:Yaya in numbers v Villa (despite scoring it's not a good read)... 1 goal scored, 2 missed through balls, 1 dribbled past, 2 50/50 battles lost, 1 lost ball on first touch.

And a winning goal.

I suppose he didn't make more passes than any other player on the pitch then ? Haven't seen the game yet & won't for another week, but usually Yaya makes more passes than anyone else, with a ridiculously high success rate. Seeing as the figures 'don't make good reading' I'm assuming this was not the case ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
smileysamir wrote:Yaya in numbers v Villa (despite scoring it's not a good read)... 1 goal scored, 2 missed through balls, 1 dribbled past, 2 50/50 battles lost, 1 lost ball on first touch.

And a winning goal.

I suppose he didn't make more passes than any other player on the pitch then ? Haven't seen the game yet & won't for another week, but usually Yaya makes more passes than anyone else, with a ridiculously high success rate. Seeing as the figures 'don't make good reading' I'm assuming this was not the case ?

According to Whoscored he made 142 passes ( next closest was VK with 87, Cleverley highest for Villa with 56 ) with a pass accuracy of 90%.

Stats aside, his radar was a bit offin the first half ( as was many others especially in the final third ) and a couple of his stray passes led to counters. He bailed Kompany out at one stage when Weimann had robbed him of the ball, the lazy cunt sprinted back to get a block on Weimann's shot, from this point on he seemed to find his rhythm without really impacting too much on the game until Fernando came on.

When Fernando released him he was like the Yaya we all know, threading passes through the packed midfield to find Silva in the pockets. For me, his link up play with Silva and Milner were the reason we won this game, thanks in no small part to that wonderful goal he scored too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:26 am

I don't think Yaya played very well,especially in the first half, but he did make an excellent recovery tackle after Vinny fucked up and obviously scored a very good and important goal. I'd be surprised if the Club aren't thinking hard about a post Yaya world. He's 31 and fucks off again for 6 weeks to the ACN. Will they extend his contract or sell him at the end of the season? A serious question I think. We won't get a like for like replacement so we'll be looking at a different perhaps more athletic midfield. Do we go for Reus or Barkley for instance. You can be sure that Txiki and Soriano are thinking hard about this issue.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum