What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:48 am

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:there's playing shit and not giving a shit.

for whatever reason, he's not giving his all. simple as.

Plain and fucking simple.

not rocket science is it

so frustrating that just as dzonkey decides to pull his finger out of his arse week in, week out fucking toure decides to shove one of his massive digits up his sphincter

after all the crap this summer, the guy is just proving himself to be a self centred cunt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:08 am

Surprise, surprise.

Yaya in the line of fire again for a dire TEAM performance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 am

Yaya quite clearly did give a shit, as evidenced by his 60 yard sprint, aged 31, to recover a ball in the last ten minutes, then another dash forward to try & score.

Was that easy for him ? No. Did he feel it afterwards ? Yes. Could he have got away without doing it just by appearing to struggle getting back ? Yes.

So the question is why ? Why did he do it ? Because he thought the fucking team needed him to in order to survive in the competition, that's why.

Can someone give me a similar example of Silva or Aguero busting themselves to the point of fatigue, in order to rescue a defensive situation, because the team needed them ?

But they don't have to do they ? A token effort when it suits them is fine, but Yaya, at 31, is supposed to cover every cunt on the opposing team, along with Fernandinho, whilst the rest stand at the halfway line. And if he doesn't, he's a cunt, but only him, not the others. They can do it as often as they fucking like & not one word mentioned.

Well I'm fucking mentioning it. If Silva Aguero Nasri etc put in the same fucking effort Toure does WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM IN MIDFIELD IN GAMES LIKE LAST NIGHT.

THEY ARE THE SOLUTION.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Yaya quite clearly did give a shit, as evidenced by his 60 yard sprint, aged 31, to recover a ball in the last ten minutes, then another dash forward to try & score.

Was that easy for him ? No. Did he feel it afterwards ? Yes. Could he have got away without doing it just by appearing to struggle getting back ? Yes.

So the question is why ? Why did he do it ? Because he thought the fucking team needed him to in order to survive in the competition, that's why.

Can someone give me a similar example of Silva or Aguero busting themselves to the point of fatigue, in order to rescue a defensive situation, because the team needed them ?

But they don't have to do they ? A token effort when it suits them is fine, but Yaya, at 31, is supposed to cover every cunt on the opposing team, along with Fernandinho, whilst the rest stand at the halfway line. And if he doesn't, he's a cunt, but only him, not the others. They can do it as often as they fucking like & not one word mentioned.

Well I'm fucking mentioning it. If Silva Aguero Nasri etc put in the same fucking effort Toure does WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM IN MIDFIELD IN GAMES LIKE LAST NIGHT.

THEY ARE THE SOLUTION.

He was spent after that recovery and it was a great tackle too when I was expecting the obligatory foul and yellow card. Dzeko also did a similar defensive covering run last night. This is the commitment we need from everyone.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Yaya quite clearly did give a shit, as evidenced by his 60 yard sprint, aged 31, to recover a ball in the last ten minutes, then another dash forward to try & score.

THEY ARE THE SOLUTION.

He was spent after that recovery and it was a great tackle too when I was expecting the obligatory foul and yellow card. Dzeko also did a similar defensive covering run last night. This is the commitment we need from everyone.

Dzeko was doing a lot of it & miles better than Silva/Aguero. It was not good that the Count took him off.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 am

Yaya out, Zuculini in! They were two bad mistakes not selling the first one and sending on loan to Valencia the 2nd for me!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 am

we should have cashed in this summer after cakegate.

I'm looking forward to him fucking off for the african cup, would love to see a midfield with nandos and fanandilo instead.

we really should sell, he isn't going to emulate last season and he is getting older.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 am

Renato_CTID wrote:Yaya out, Zuculini in! They were two bad mistakes not selling the first one and sending on loan to Valencia the 2nd for me!

Va bene.
Va bene.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 am

THEY ARE THE SOLUTION.

are you taking the piss??? 31 is no fucking age
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

THEY ARE THE SOLUTION.

are you taking the piss??? 31 is no fucking age

Very few footballers will agree with you.

Have a look at the end of season review on Sky (I mentioned the point specifically on here) Souness says City have to find a different way of using Yaya Toure, as he can't possibly continue doing the job we are asking him to do at that age & if we don't change his role, he'll soon be finished.

He may not have been the greatest manager of all time, but I recon he knows a bit about midfield play.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 am

Players will be goosed at 28, Yaya last night and Fernandinio were flogged last night, failure of our managememnt last night we took 60 mins to change things, we also now know it will game on over there and give them that space with De Rossi back they could rip us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Hazy2 wrote:Players will be goosed at 28, Yaya last night and Fernandinio were flogged last night, failure of our managememnt last night we took 60 mins to change things, we also now know it will game on over there and give them that space with De Rossi back they could rip us.

31 year old de rossi?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Players will be goosed at 28, Yaya last night and Fernandinio were flogged last night, failure of our managememnt last night we took 60 mins to change things, we also now know it will game on over there and give them that space with De Rossi back they could rip us.

31 year old de rossi?

Fair point mate.. but like with Totti 38, the ball never gets tired ! and they passed us to death and he works where he wants, comes alive when we are getting a breather, the two passes from keeper to MF were down the middle as we switched off after a period of chasing shadows.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 pm

It's blindingly obvious to everyone except it seems Pellegrini that Yaya should play further forward. He's either unable or unwilling to do the work off the ball needed for a defensive midfielder.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Would we rather see Jovetic in the role that Yaya is mooted for. Love an on form Yaya but in midfield, not at the expense of an actual forward player who puts in a shift
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:16 pm

nottsblue wrote:Would we rather see Jovetic in the role that Yaya is mooted for. Love an on form Yaya but in midfield, not at the expense of an actual forward player who puts in a shift

I don't see jojo being able to do the "metronome" (daft term btw) thing that yaya is able to do. but I love jojo - he has a creative/unconventional game that seems to surprise defenders.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Miralem Pjanic, get this lad for a start, 23 and looked the best player on the pitch, he ran the show.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Miralem Pjanic, get this lad for a start, 23 and looked the best player on the pitch, he ran the show.

Radja and Pjanic either one of them i would sub Yaya last night if we had them . We need player who can sub Yaya when he don't run and can't produce .
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:20 pm

nd one thing if they had De rossi last night they would crush us last night with that kind of olay , only because Pjanic and Radja had to help Keita so much they did not had enough counter and plus De Rossi had better defensive and sometimes Totti pass , get along great in that four midfield.If Yaya had hes day hes amazing but that is becoming rare and we need sub or at list somebody to rest him. One thing i hate about Yaya when i watch him lazy comming back and player is 3 feet in front of him and i know hes real effort and he can catch him but on at list 50% time he just watch all that . I Agree with Ted about Silva and Aguero or do i must say Silva spend him self a lot in attack suffer kicks always muddy , Silva fights ,
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

He was leggy from the get-go - he needs a break rather than be dropped per se in my opinion
Agree with a few others though, the team performance last night was incredibly frustrating
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum