Milner

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Milner

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Amongst all the dissection of the last two games, just a point; Milner has twice appeared in centre mid. This has been a pretty rare occurence during his City career, but it's already been done twice this season.

Is he about to get his wish at last & be allowed to play more games as a central midfielder & is it perhaps due to him having a moan about it & thus, could it perhaps end in him agreeing to sign a new contract eventually ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Milner

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm

No, because the two will be Fernando and Fernandinho and we wont drop Ya Ya or Nasri. He will be fucked off out of the club which will be a crying shame because he is coming to his peak and will be a regular starter in CM for Arsenal or Liverpool. IMO
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Fernandinho was suffering a lot from cramp & has had a lot of fitness issues, Fernando is injured now. I recon it could be the case that he will rotate the three & sometimes rest Yaya (permanently if he doesn't pull his socks up).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:05 pm

In games against teams that we need someone to be disciplined and put a shift in he is invaluable.

I'd have started him today in the middle with Yaya further forward and Nasri or Navas on the bench, (With Yaya off after 20 mins).

I hope he does get plenty of game time in the middle of the park as he always does his job and raises his game when the opponents require it. His issue is that he can play and not look out of place against the best, but doesn't stand out against the weaker teams - it's as if his performance matches the opponents - a 7/10 v everyone.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Central midfield is his natural spot and where he should be playing. Had a stormer on Saturday but as usual was rewarded with being dropped - the very reason why he wants to go as he just needs/wants to play.

He's lost games he should have had in cent midfield to Vieira, then to Rodwell, then to Garcia and soon probably fat Frank.

Should start alongside Ferna on Sunday, but in all probability will be back on the Judi Dench. He's been chronically mis-used and under-used whilst at City.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Avalon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

I just don't understand why he didn't come on for Yaya.
Milner really has been mis-used. It's a shame. Here's a guy that always will put a shift in.

We seem to like these guys. Guys like Bellamy, Zabaleta and Tevez who will just knuckle down and play. He needs to play more games.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby shortagain » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:23 am

With Milner you get 100% effort & very little genious. With Toure, you get fuck all effort & some genious which can win games. With Fernando along side Fernandinho, we can carry Toure for those moments without them both we can't.
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mike J » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:40 am

Thought he was very good when he came on last night. Moved the ball forward really well. Was really surprised he didnt start. He deserves better imo. top player
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 am

shortagain wrote:With Milner you get 100% effort & very little genious. With Toure, you get fuck all effort & some genious which can win games. With Fernando along side Fernandinho, we can carry Toure for those moments without them both we can't.

Very little genius is a little harsh as
1 He is a very good footballer under rated technically, hes better than the credit he gets.
2 There's not too many other geniuses around at the moment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Fernandinho was suffering a lot from cramp & has had a lot of fitness issues, Fernando is injured now. I recon it could be the case that he will rotate the three & sometimes rest Yaya (permanently if he doesn't pull his socks up).

Ted, every partner for Yaya gets Cramp..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Central midfield is his natural spot and where he should be playing. Had a stormer on Saturday but as usual was rewarded with being dropped - the very reason why he wants to go as he just needs/wants to play.

He's lost games he should have had in cent midfield to Vieira, then to Rodwell, then to Garcia and soon probably fat Frank.

Should start alongside Ferna on Sunday, but in all probability will be back on the Judi Dench. He's been chronically mis-used and under-used whilst at City.

I agree wholeheartedly. If Yaya has indeed downed tools and is not just lacking fitness then he could come into his own this season in central midfield, where I think he'll excel. Hope he starts there ahead of Yaya on Sunday.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 am

sheblue wrote:
shortagain wrote:With Milner you get 100% effort & very little genious. With Toure, you get fuck all effort & some genious which can win games. With Fernando along side Fernandinho, we can carry Toure for those moments without them both we can't.

Very little genius is a little harsh as
1 He is a very good footballer under rated technically, hes better than the credit he gets.
2 There's not too many other geniuses around at the moment.

Absolutely.

Moreover, we shouldn't have to 'carry' anyone. If they're not prepared, at the very least, to work hard for City, then they shouldn't be on the pitch.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:49 pm

If I'm honest I don't think Milner is in the class of Fernando or Fernandinho. He's a decent honest hard working pro as straight as the day is long. In the absence of Fernando I would unhesitatingly play him alongside Fernandinho on Sunday. I would never play a central midfield two including Yaya again at least against a top side.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 pm

He was class tonight.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Mike J » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:17 pm

If that doesnt earn him a consistent starting place under Manuel nothing will. He fully deserves it.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bluedj » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Two excellent pefromances on the bounce by James and with utility. Get that contract signed now!!!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Absolutely top class today and sod the word genius. He creates plenty and is and always has been more than just a hard worker
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby kennyboy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Happy for him, he deserves every minute. That can not be said about Nasri.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Absolutely top class today and sod the word genius. He creates plenty and is and always has been more than just a hard worker

THIS. WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE 3 Positions he played today and was great in all 3 Deserves more credit
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dub City » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Showed today brings so much more to the team than Nasri, work rate in every position asked to cover and quality to pick the pass and make the run for our goal, will be gutted if he runs down his contract and leaves on a free.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum