Under 18's V Scum

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Under 18's V Scum

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Another win for the lads, 5 in a row now, and even sweeter as it was against that lot.Overall a deserved result but I am guessing we were not at our best today. My first 18's game of the season so I will take some time to get to know the players but we clearly there is some real quality in the squad.

Not least in Manuel Garcia Alonso as the little playmaker. As with the team not his best game I am sure but he did score the goal with a gem of a curling chip into the top corner after a corner fell to him. His passes weren't finding the target too much but he also wasn't happy that the ref wasn't looking after him as Utd kept leaving a little in their challenges after he made passes.

Nemane looks a tricky customer as the scum full back found out after being roasted a few times but the final pass wasn't quite right.Buckley- Ricketts the same and with good pace was always a threat.I quite liked Celina too with a good touch and awareness.Tom Holland anchored the midfield well and made some very important challenges.

We have 2 big centre backs in there who both like to play and occasionally mess up but they are pretty good and it will be interesting to see how they develop.The same for Zack Faour who I was really looking forward to seeing. He came on for about 25/30 minutes and looked a bit fancy and lightweight.He took up the centre forward role which I would guess is not his best position but struggled to get into the game with strong defenders right up his backside all the time. The result was he was trying fancy flicks which were not coming off.

Towards the end he made one or two clever runs and almost got a 2nd goal but for a good save and a desperate block. I want to see more to get a better feel but overall the team are full of quality.Good to see some of the ladies there watching as well as the EDS lads giving support.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Under 18's V Scum

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:31 pm

The under 16s beat the scum 3-2 as well.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:52 pm

blues2win wrote:The under 16s beat the scum 3-2 as well.

Yep, and I believe they were 2 nil down so a great win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Lovely.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Cheers Doug.

I think we've got some real talent amongst that lot & more in the even younger age group. Some talented lads not even playing in that game. I don't know for sure but I bet if you compare the ages, the rags team will most likely be considerably older on the whole, as is their reserve team compared to ours.

Nemane is an interesting one. Barely seen him play since he was about 14, but he looked one hell of a prospect then. No idea how he will progress but no shortage of ability. And another local lad.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Nemane is a small lad but pacey and with a trick or two and has been included in the older squads so must be well thought of. I think you are right with the age thing.I am not sure of all the ages but I guess Pozo,Angelino,Ambrose and Maffeo would still qualify for the under 18's but the policy seems to play them at higher age groups for their development.

Really looking forward to watching more of them through the season
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Nemane is a small lad but pacey and with a trick or two and has been included in the older squads so must be well thought of. I think you are right with the age thing.I am not sure of all the ages but I guess Pozo,Angelino,Ambrose and Maffeo would still qualify for the under 18's but the policy seems to play them at higher age groups for their development.

Really looking forward to watching more of them through the season

Pozo would just narrowly miss out I think but Brandon Barker, Denzeil Boadu, Kean Bryan all qualify as they were U18 in August (& still are).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum