***city v chelsea official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v chelsea official match thread***

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Great point given the circs.

Kompany and Mangala superb, Milner off the scale in terms of effort and contribution to the team.

We need to now put a string of wins together to keep in touch, starting at Hull next Saturday.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Not sure I saw the need for frank to look and act like his grandma had just died when he scored. I get his history for Chelsea and obviously he's not gonna go mental but no one could begrudge him cracking a smile and fiving his teammates. After all he plays for us now, not them.

did anyone else notice in fat frank's post-match interviews that he seemed to refuse to say "city" or "manchester city"...kept referring to us as "this club". he didn't refer to Chelsea as "that club" or "my former club". maybe I'm being petty, but it rubbed me the wrong way, especially after his shitty sulk after scoring the goal.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Not sure I saw the need for frank to look and act like his grandma had just died when he scored. I get his history for Chelsea and obviously he's not gonna go mental but no one could begrudge him cracking a smile and fiving his teammates. After all he plays for us now, not them.

did anyone else notice in fat frank's post-match interviews that he seemed to refuse to say "city" or "manchester city"...kept referring to us as "this club". he didn't refer to Chelsea as "that club" or "my former club". maybe I'm being petty, but it rubbed me the wrong way, especially after his shitty sulk after scoring the goal.

I don't personally give a monkeys if Lampard never plays again for us, his loan was worth it for that goal alone as it stopped Chelsea going out of sight.

As long as he does his job when he plays/played, which he did yesterday.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

Exactly mate. He didn't score a goal to relegate them, he scored to make it 1-1 in an early season game. NO decent Chelsea fan would have held it against him if he had smiled. At least look like you want to play for us Frank!
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Exactly mate. He didn't score a goal to relegate them, he scored to make it 1-1 in an early season game. NO decent Chelsea fan would have held it against him if he had smiled. At least look like you want to play for us Frank!

If they'd been giving him an ex-Arsenal player level of shit, then he should have celebrated. Considering the reception he got from their fans, I think he did the right thing and I'd be gutted if Kompany or Silva say came back, scored and then started making the most of it.

That said, I'd have preferred it if he'd run up to Maureen and told him what he thought of being thrown out just to watch him cry
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Great point in the end . They we way we are being treated by the refs so far this season is a huge cause of concern , someone from the club needs to speak out ASAP as it is totally unacceptable . We can however take comfort that we are superior to Chelsea as a team , we battered them for long periods yesterday without getting any luck in front of goal . It is a long long season and we have a stronger squad than them ........ Lastly Mangala looks absolute fucking class !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Fans were brilliant today. First time I have thought that in fucking ages. If we could maintain that for the full season and carry it over to 60,000 of us it would be mint

Was watching in a bar in Malta, and thought the fans sounded loads louder than they do in the stadium.
Thought it must be my imagination, but pleased to hear not.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

If they'd been giving him an ex-Arsenal player level of shit, then he should have celebrated. Considering the reception he got from their fans, I think he did the right thing and I'd be gutted if Kompany or Silva say came back, scored and then started making the most of it.

That said, I'd have preferred it if he'd run up to Maureen and told him what he thought of being thrown out just to watch him cry

i remember Dickov celebrating in front of the south stand after scoring against us for Leicester, was a cunts trick
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

part of me wonders if frank fluffed that later chance on purpose. he normally buries those from that range. moving on...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Kolarov was fantastic yet again. Offers us so much going forward. He picked out Dzeko with a cross from deep when Dzeko had about three Chelsea players around him at one point in the first half. I really don't know why he isn't taking the corners. Winds me up!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Herb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm

All the lads were up for it and IMO it was another game that we'd have won if dozy Joe had managed to have 2 good games on the trot for a change.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Herb wrote:All the lads were up for it and IMO it was another game that we'd have won if dozy Joe had managed to have 2 good games on the trot for a change.

Herb, are you on the wind-up? If so, don't go down the Rag Hater route, it's not worth the shame mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum