Penalties

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Penalties

Postby shortagain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:01 am

For the 4th game in succession, we have not been given clear penalties & there were 2 yesterday, with the Dzeko foul by Costa being the easiest to spot. These poor refereeing decisions could end up having a major influence on the outcome of our season.

I wonder if these officials actually review their own perfomance when watching games back, in which case as they are obvious mistakes, will they help us out in the future
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Penalties

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 am

Phips, the resident bellend, will not be happy with this thread being started. He likes to regularly dig up old threads and leave a two word comment to cooly bump them up.

He will be disappointed you didn't do the same.
Original Dub

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:56 pm

shortagain wrote:For the 4th game in succession, we have not been given clear penalties & there were 2 yesterday, with the Dzeko foul by Costa being the easiest to spot. These poor refereeing decisions could end up having a major influence on the outcome of our season.

I wonder if these officials actually review their own perfomance when watching games back, in which case as they are obvious mistakes, will they help us out in the future

I would not be happy if our opponents were given a penalty for similar incident so I can't call for refs head on this one.

edit: yes you see those given but imho it is not as clear as people make out. http://gfycat.com/CrispMindlessBlueandgoldmackaw
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
shortagain wrote:For the 4th game in succession, we have not been given clear penalties & there were 2 yesterday, with the Dzeko foul by Costa being the easiest to spot. These poor refereeing decisions could end up having a major influence on the outcome of our season.

I would not be happy if our opponents were given a penalty for similar incident so I can't call for refs head on this one.

edit: yes you see those given but imho it is not as clear as people make out. http://gfycat.com/CrispMindlessBlueandgoldmackaw

I though that was a stone wall penalty. much clearer than the one on Yaya.
Costa doesn't even touch the ball until he's already brought Dzeko down, and then with an unintentional back heel.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Return to The Maine Football forum