Owl talk...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Owl talk...

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 pm

chef wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Invisible Man Fan wrote:
Yes. City seem to have forgotten where they came from and are punching well above their weight. Can't wait until we can put little clubs like this back on their place.

This bloke has been on Bluemoon I'd imagine. Plus Sheff Wednesday fans aren't really in a position to call us a 'little club'....clown

Anyway....COME ON CITY!!!!!!

I worked in Sheffield and Rotherham for about 20 years up to 2003, and Wednesday always considered themselves, mostly correctly as the big club of Sheffield and the giant of South Yorkshire. Generally their fans were a decent bunch as individuals and as keen on England as Wednesday (hence the bloody band going to England games!). As a City fan though, in that era I felt more in common with Sheffield United, and all the people I keep in contact with from those days are Blades.

After some tough seasons, the Owls’ self-image will hark back to the past, probably the Ron Atkinson/Trevor Francis days when they were a lot nearer the top of the league than we were. We should cut them some slack for their delusion (but not the bloody band!).
A nice 3-0 will do for me.

What do u mean with the Ron Atkinson/Trevor Francis connection ?

Just that in those days they were a more successful club than us in the top flight.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum