***city v roma official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v roma official match thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:51 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm tired of the excuses we are trying to dish out for all the empty seats. when the fact of the matter is ITS FUCKIGN EMBARRASSING!!!

Chelsea, SCUM ,Bindippers and Arsenal would never ever have had that embarrassing attendance against the Italian leaders ffs !!!..

Fuck off with the excuses.!!!

Which block were you in?

Coconut grove you twat !!

I live abroad but when I was living in the UK I went to any game I could get to when I wasn't based abroad.

I repeat..fuckign embarrassing attendance.......end of.

Well that has put a smile on my face, I do give no showers stick, I cannot give anyone stick on Chumps night as the dish served is crap.

The thing is , every other top clubs fans pack the stadiums so why cant we ffs ???? Even Kolorov said we have "quiet" support more often than not...which translates in any language to fucking shit support more often than not.

Now we have the ex swamp munsters slagging us off and yes..it bothers me...fuckign really bothers me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I'm tired of the excuses we are trying to dish out for all the empty seats. when the fact of the matter is ITS FUCKIGN EMBARRASSING!!!

Chelsea, SCUM ,Bindippers and Arsenal would never ever have had that embarrassing attendance against the Italian leaders ffs !!!..

Which block were you in?

I live abroad but when I was living in the UK I went to any game I could get to when I wasn't based abroad.

Well that has put a smile on my face, I do give no showers stick, I cannot give anyone stick on Chumps night as the dish served is crap.

Given the prices charged, and the utter crap we serve up in CL games, Ill be dropping out of the CL Cup scheme after this season. The expense is way too much to justify and I simply cant afford it anymore.

Ive attended every CL home game we've ever had so far which akin to submitting oneself to three punches in the stomach every autumn - often paying through the bloody nose for it too - and have had a season ticket since 1977. However the club is taking the piss with both the prices and the performances in it, so Ill pick and choose my games in that competition from now on thanks. Ive earned that right with the years and monies Ive put in. If that leads to an "embarrassing" attendance, then maybe it will force City to rethink their pricing structure and performance level in Europe.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Which block were you in?

The thing is , every other top clubs fans pack the stadiums so why cant we ffs ???? Even Kolorov said we have "quiet" support more often than not...which translates in any language to fucking shit support more often than not.

Now we have the ex swamp munsters slagging us off and yes..it bothers me...fuckign really bothers me.

I've always thought most of it was shite on tv tbh but was expecting it would be different if we were in it.

If the Premier League was the same, I'd probably stop going to football.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Which block were you in?

Just to clarify, is living abroad an acceptable excuse?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Which block were you in?

Given the prices charged, and the utter crap we serve up in CL games, Ill be dropping out of the CL Cup scheme after this season. The expense is way too much to justify and I simply cant afford it anymore.

Ive attended every CL home game we've ever had so far which akin to submitting oneself to three punches in the stomach every autumn - often paying through the bloody nose for it too - and have had a season ticket since 1977. However the club is taking the piss with both the prices and the performances in it, so Ill pick and choose my games in that competition from now on thanks. Ive earned that right with the years and monies Ive put in. If that leads to an "embarrassing" attendance, then maybe it will force City to rethink their pricing structure and performance level in Europe.

I am leaning toward that view as well, the CL cup scheme is bollox and expensive, however, I wonder what they will do with the Europa league? I cant see many signing up for that scheme even at £10 a pop, they will struggle to sell out.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 am

If the tickets are cheap & we play one or two kids in the Europa league, I'll go.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 am

RE the Europa Lge, if you signed up to the Euro Cup scheme - note the wording - your are tied to it as well, sadly.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:46 am

Goaters 103 wrote:RE the Europa Lge, if you signed up to the Euro Cup scheme - note the wording - your are tied to it as well, sadly.

is that right? well thats bollox if thats true, I signed up to CL not the Europa cup.... I hate small print, I am at the age where I need glasses cause my arms are now too short.
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:58 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:RE the Europa Lge, if you signed up to the Euro Cup scheme - note the wording - your are tied to it as well, sadly.

is that right? well thats bollox if thats true, I signed up to CL not the Europa cup.... I hate small print, I am at the age where I need glasses cause my arms are now too short.

cant find any small print anywhere, but the portal does say this.

UEFA Competition 14/15
Guarantee a seat for the big European nights; UEFA Scheme members receive 100 loyalty points for joining (double for Platinum), priority access for away cup matches and, without wishing to tempt fate, the all-important priority for cup final tickets. Touch wood.

Europa league is not a BIG European night by any stretch of the imagination
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:

TRex looking weirdo.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

UEFA Competition 14/15
Guarantee a seat for the big European nights; UEFA Scheme members receive 100 loyalty points for joining (double for Platinum), priority access for away cup matches and, without wishing to tempt fate, the all-important priority for cup final tickets. Touch wood.

You can ring them up and they'll take you off the Cup-schemes immediately. You just lose the extra points you get for signing up.

On another note, if they charged £20 quid a ticket for CL games they'd fill the ground with locals and the atmosphere would be superb. I can't imagine why they don't (I cite the game against Hamburg in my defence).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:42 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

UEFA Competition 14/15

You can ring them up and they'll take you off the Cup-schemes immediately. You just lose the extra points you get for signing up.

On another note, if they charged £20 quid a ticket for CL games they'd fill the ground with locals and the atmosphere would be superb. I can't imagine why they don't (I cite the game against Hamburg in my defence).

That's what they should be looking at as the way forward in all competitions imo.

Great big ground, cheap tickets. Big attendance with a higher percentage of young people & people on a lower income.

What we need, is for the actual experience of being at the ground, to become something people desire to do. Not just because we have a good team, but because people are going to experience something special if they turn up as opposed to watching on tv. You can see they have that at Dortmund for instance.

We have proved beyond a shadow of doubt that we can create that at City in the 3rd fucking division, so we have to recreate it at this ground & make it a place where you feel you are missing something special if you're not there. It's not about giving us more 'content' & face painting for 50 quid, it's about creating a genuine football environment, for £20. We need work on this before it disappears forever.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

The way forward is to go to away games. Far more enjoyable experience that going to the Etihad which must have one of the worst grounds for atmospheres in England. Its rubbish.

As for Champions League games, I pick and choose when I go to these. I cant stand the gamesmanship in these games and have yet to attend one that iv really enjoyed. You would have thought the Barca game last season would have been amazing but like every other Champions League game iv been too it was a damp squib.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

UEFA Competition 14/15

That's what they should be looking at as the way forward in all competitions imo.

Great big ground, cheap tickets. Big attendance with a higher percentage of young people & people on a lower income.

What we need, is for the actual experience of being at the ground, to become something people desire to do. Not just because we have a good team, but because people are going to experience something special if they turn up as opposed to watching on tv. You can see they have that at Dortmund for instance.

We have proved beyond a shadow of doubt that we can create that at City in the 3rd fucking division, so we have to recreate it at this ground & make it a place where you feel you are missing something special if you're not there. It's not about giving us more 'content' & face painting for 50 quid, it's about creating a genuine football environment, for £20. We need work on this before it disappears forever.

Spot on. A 60k crowd paying £20, or a 37k one paying £40? I know which one makes more sense.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 am

Sister of fu wrote:The way forward is to go to away games. Far more enjoyable experience that going to the Etihad which must have one of the worst grounds for atmospheres in England. Its rubbish.

As for Champions League games, I pick and choose when I go to these. I cant stand the gamesmanship in these games and have yet to attend one that iv really enjoyed. You would have thought the Barca game last season would have been amazing but like every other Champions League game iv been too it was a damp squib.

This will be my approach to it from now on. I think you are over estimating the enjoyment at "damp squib" level tbh. It hasn't actually been that good.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 am

I posted the Hamburg example earlier in the thread. Of course our expectations were lower but it was a great european night even if we fell agonisingly short. The club absolutely have to look at ticket pricing for these nights so that we get the same terrific atmosphere we had that night in these big CL games. It will help the players undoubtedly. Still the players can't hide behind the empty seats. All these top players are supposedly obsessed with the CL. Many of them didn't show it. Pellegrini also has to step up. Milner should have started and in my view Yaya should have been asked to play further forward. Dzeko should not have been taken off. He made a lot of bad mistakes and needs to pick up his game.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:03 am

Ted, I fear the horse has bolted on this one. Fans of English teams get screwed as part of their match-day experience, fans of German clubs don't (for example). There is the chance (with the creating of extra capacity) for the club to focus on lessening the all-round cost of going to the games, and thereby improving the atmosphere, but I doubt it will. Instead, expect the fanfare of a big-name signing to help fill those extra seats.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:08 am

With regards to the atmosphere, 37k can create a hell of a lot of noise if they can actually be arsed to join in and get involved. I was about 15 seats away from the Roma fans yesterday in 111 and I had 2 lads to my right and 4 in front of me who never sang once for the whole game. I was pretty sure they weren't even City fans as they are not the same people who are there for every league game.

I was initially against the away fans being moved out of the south stand because I enjoy the banter, however, I think the atmosphere would be better if the south and east stand joined together. Why not move the away fans to the other side of the south stand so they are next to the CB Stand? At least the songs will then be in unison instead of all over the place.
Wonderwall

Postby PrezIke » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

i've been a huge supporter of pellegrini, and he is right to comment on the team as too many players did not play their best, but why not go with a 3 player central midfield in this competition?

we underestimated roma, and that comes from the manager.

i know he feels we can always impose our style when we at home.

well, chelsea and even stoke have known how to stop us here, boring or not. funny because this game was more open, so maybe he thinks we should be exploiting that with our talent, but yaya is not himself, so we need another midfielder to allow him to focus a bit more on attacking more than defending.

is also rather sad how disinterested many of us seem to be about this competition as supporters.

the owners bought this club and have invested billions to be one of the top clubs, not avoid it and win the fa and league cup. i am frustrated with uefa as well, but i think we need to back the players on the pitch. we won't be able to attract or keep top players if we aren't a threat to win it, so anything that undermines that hurts our attractiveness as a club, especially with ffp making it harder for us than the past.

it's not over yet, so this is a real test for our squad and management. it's step up or else i think.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

If we do fuck up in this competition & end up in the Europa League, I would like to see some experimentation with Fernando perhaps behind whichever pairing of Yaya &/or Fernandinho, &/or Milner. Not just for this season, with those players, but for the future with whichever players come in, or come through.

If we signed Pogba for example next season, or Vidal or whoever. I would like to see how this formation looks.

Silva could play in a free role in front of those 3 then we have a choice of 2 strikers or a wide player or Yaya/Nasri/Jovetic plus Silva behind a striker etc etc. Push the fullbacks into midfield to make 5 & add width.

I'm pretty sure we would see this kind of formation if Guardiola was in charge, & we would sign players to make it work.

Fernandinho is a fucking good footballer he's not just a runner or a tackler, so him & Milner for example, in front of Fernando, with Yaya/Silva in front of them, is not some dour unimaginitive lineup. It's a potential passing machine but with a much higher workrate.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum