***Villains v CITY official match day thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Villains v CITY official match day thread***

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:01 pm

As far as skillful goals that don't look that spectacular, Yaya's goal from today has got to be up there. It's just so masterful it's ridiculous. If it were a pop song, it'd been written by the Beatles. Wow.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:As far as skillful goals that don't look that spectacular, Yaya's goal from today has got to be up there. It's just so masterful it's ridiculous. If it were a pop song, it'd been written by the Beatles. Wow.

More like Badfinger to use your analogy. Unexpectedly amazing yet still obscured in the grander scheme of things.

I wonder if he'll get his proper due when the sum sets on his career? I for one have been uber critical this season but this weeks been a decent comeback of minor sorts. He needs Fernando.

Love the big cunt.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm

The hate on yaya is a compliment disguised. Part of the problem for yaya is that we all know how fucking good he can be. He would challenge for best player in world football if he applied himself 100% regularly.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:The hate on yaya is a compliment disguised. Part of the problem for yaya is that we all know how fucking good he can be. He would challenge for best player in world football if he applied himself 100% regularly.

I think you make a good point. In fact I would say Yaya is the best player I have ever seen. I have said the same thing many times on this forum. He is a victim of his own high standards. Given what he has gone through this year Im a bit disappointed he has nt been cut some slack. ffs. I don't give a fuck that his agent is a prick. He is allowed a dip in form for three weeks every four years.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Brilliant until the final third, until the last 10 mins.

Silva majestic, Milner covered every blade and Ya Ya and Sergio were clinical in the nick of time. Fernando an absolute key to how we want to play. Welcome back to him, and to Ya Ya Toure. Pleasing.

Here's a question, when we bought Fernandinho, were we really after Fernando but they fucked it up?

That'd be a bit of a costly whopper.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:31 pm

A hard won and well deserved three points, silva, toure, milner kompany all excellent. Fernando very good when he came on. Hope we see more of him yaya and Fred in the side together, they would be a savage midfield.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:10 pm

Fernandinho had his best game this season. When Fernando came on it looked like a man replacing a school boy. at last a few people starting to see what's required. Thought we were excellent today. Stars for me, kolarov(why do we bother with the other fella)mangala, Jimmie when he came away from the right wing, and Silva who grafted his arse off.. Excellent.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Jon London » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I thought one of the best performances of the last five years. With a bit more luck it would and should have been another hammering for the Villa who to be fair especially in defence played well. We were excellent today. Solid at the back spot on substitutions and Silva YaYa and Sergio giving us that magic. Great performance from Jimmy too dare I say it but we don't miss Samir.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Jon London » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:51 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:DID I NOT SAY GO FASTER AND THATS WHAT WE DID AND WON

This
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby lovecity8utd » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Jon London wrote:I thought one of the best performances of the last five years.ir.

If you'd said best performance in last five games I would have agreed with you. But last five years.......where have you been?
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:As far as skillful goals that don't look that spectacular, Yaya's goal from today has got to be up there. It's just so masterful it's ridiculous. If it were a pop song, it'd been written by the Beatles. Wow.

More like Badfinger to use your analogy. Unexpectedly amazing yet still obscured in the grander scheme of things.

I wonder if he'll get his proper due when the sum sets on his career? I for one have been uber critical this season but this weeks been a decent comeback of minor sorts. He needs Fernando.

Love the big cunt.

Cheers

Freudian slip ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:33 am

lovecity8utd wrote:
Jon London wrote:I thought one of the best performances of the last five years.ir.

If you'd said best performance in last five games I would have agreed with you. But last five years.......where have you been?

london by the looks of it.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:09 am

Agreed, but a Paul McCartney Beatles' song as it looked effortless and sweet. Had it been penned by John Lennon, he'd have gone past a couple of players, lost the ball, committed a foul to get it back then hammered it into the top corner.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:52 am

Todays sign of both the apocalypse and also that the media in this country genuinely do not have a clue comes from Telegraph sport - they give Tom Cleverly the same mark - "8" - for yesterdays game as David Silva.

If you think Cleverly even belongs on the same field as Silva as that performance, then you have my pity.

Meanwhile on Talkshit, Collymore's MOTM? Alan Hutton. On what cunting planet was Hutton man of the match yesterday?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:33 am

could easily have been 7
villa defended in numbers not necessarily well
very pleased with most of what i saw
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:39 am

mr_nool wrote:
bigblue wrote:New player to our team but crazy how much more solid Fernando makes us

Has more to do with playing a five man midfield, I would say.

Yep.
Nothing away from Fernando though as he has been solid
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Original Dub » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:46 am

Toure's best performance of the last 5 years?

What the fuck are you smoking? ?
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:56 am

Yaya gets the benefit of the doubt with me. I know how I would feel about my job if my brother had died. Not sure why society thinks footballers are any different. I would probably not be top of my game. Form is temporary class permanent.

He will return I have no doubt. Let's get behind the lad instead of jumping on the media bandwagon who love to build someone up to knock them down. He made me love city again yesterday with that goal. Did a lap of the front room.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Yaya gets the benefit of the doubt with me. I know how I would feel about my job if my brother had died. Not sure why society thinks footballers are any different. I would probably not be top of my game. Form is temporary class permanent.

He will return I have no doubt. Let's get behind the lad instead of jumping on the media bandwagon who love to build someone up to knock them down. He made me love city again yesterday with that goal. Did a lap of the front room.

Can't argue with that at all. Glad you're back in love again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Just watched 'The Best Bits' of Goals On Sunday and the highlights of our game were all about us and reflected what I seen. A few seem to have a problem with Shearer and his MotD analysis but they could only show it how it was, as per GoS, surely?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum