Other games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games this week | Oct 18-22

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 am

Spot on about "young" Adam Lallana - whos 27 in May btw.

The young Lallana fable is up there with Utds homegrown bollox as footballs biggest myth these days.

Liverpool, without their Suarez crutch, frighten nobody and you wouldnt give a fart for any of their back 5 at all.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 am

I have seen a recording of the Arsenal game, & Liverpool were like Holland or Argentina '78 compared to them.

One of the most pitiful performances by a British team in Europe that I've ever seen. An absolute fluke victory, mainly caused by the Belgians actually taking the piss out of them at 1-0 rather than beating them. Arsenal were so bad that Anderlecht forgot they were playing a Champs Lg game & started showboating. It appeared they could score with any attack, but they didn't, & they are dogshit themselves. The result masks a lot.

Had Arse got the defeat they deserved, Wenger's job would be on the line today. As poor as their 8-2 performance at the swamp.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I have seen a recording of the Arsenal game, & Liverpool were like Holland or Argentina '78 compared to them.

One of the most pitiful performances by a British team in Europe that I've ever seen. An absolute fluke victory, mainly caused by the Belgians actually taking the piss out of them at 1-0 rather than beating them. Arsenal were so bad that Anderlecht forgot they were playing a Champs Lg game & started showboating. It appeared they could score with any attack, but they didn't, & they are dogshit themselves. The result masks a lot.

Had Arse got the defeat they deserved, Wenger's job would be on the line today. As poor as their 8-2 performance at the swamp.

and yet...they didn't.

Compare that to us and there's the difference.

Great teams often get what they don't deserve in knockout comps. We do the opposite in CL. We get less than we deserve. Every. Fucking. Time.

I'd argue we pretty much do the same in the League, but the sheer scope of the season balances out how glorious we can be 75% of the time.

I'm not exactly sure that after typing all that...that i'm even bothered by it. We'll come good in Europe. At our pace and our style. Somehow two days later....it's typical city...which has come to mean these days "getting the results the hard way, so that the satisfaction is 100% better"

i can live with that. Can the Sheik? i dunno. We shall see it would seem. The Count's confidence about qualifying is only the second legit bollock he's dropped that i can recall media wise. He's painted himself into a corner. If he doesn't do it, I believe he'll be sacked without another League winning season. Anchovie, and someone I couldn't even predict would be alternatives Khaldoon would like.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:32 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I have seen a recording of the Arsenal game, & Liverpool were like Holland or Argentina '78 compared to them.

and yet...they didn't.

Compare that to us and there's the difference.

Great teams often get what they don't deserve in knockout comps. We do the opposite in CL. We get less than we deserve. Every. Fucking. Time.

I'd argue we pretty much do the same in the League, but the sheer scope of the season balances out how glorious we can be 75% of the time.

I'm not exactly sure that after typing all that...that i'm even bothered by it. We'll come good in Europe. At our pace and our style. Somehow two days later....it's typical city...which has come to mean these days "getting the results the hard way, so that the satisfaction is 100% better"

i can live with that. Can the Sheik? i dunno. We shall see it would seem. The Count's confidence about qualifying is only the second legit bollock he's dropped that i can recall media wise. He's painted himself into a corner. If he doesn't do it, I believe he'll be sacked without another League winning season. Anchovie, and someone I couldn't even predict would be alternatives Khaldoon would like.

cheers

I agree with Doomey here. Yes Arsenal were shit, absolutely lightweight shite and should've been battered ... but they weren't. Yes the result masks the truth, but in a similar position in the CL there isn't a cat in hells chance we'd have sneaked a win at Anderlecht in similar circumstances, and that's the main beef here.

The manager keeps sending us out in the wrong formation, our big name playing squad continue to play like feeble c*nts in this competition, and we keep getting the same results.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:13 pm

We haven't played as badly in any competition as Arsenal did last night, since Sven's last game.

Let's not go overboard. Anderlecht were utter crap & still tore Arsenal to pieces.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We haven't played as badly in any competition as Arsenal did last night, since Sven's last game.

Let's not go overboard. Anderlecht were utter crap & still tore Arsenal to pieces.

We're not going overboard Ted as we've stated Arsenal were fookin abysmal, and its all the more notable against a side as ordinary as Anderlecht and that's being kind to them. However Arsenal played utter toss and still somehow stole a win. As you've stated we apparently have never played that bad in Europe yet I don't recall us stealing a late win away from home whilst playing toss.

I do recall us playing toss and losing away in Naples and Amsterdam , chucking a 2 goals lead away in Moscow and going back to Europa league days playing bloody awful and losing in Lisbon and Kiev to seal exits. I long for the day to see us go away in Europe, play utter shite AND win - we've mastered the playing shite bit, just not the victory aspect of it.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Rodgers is a cunt, a media savvy cunt. Clever the way he grabs the Shirt swapping to hang Mario, he is gonna get sacked, whatever games he plays with Mario and the media.

He's a cnut of the highest order. Thing is, he started to believe all the media shit last season about being the new messiah, and when he really knew deep inside that he had just got lucky with Suarez, he chose to believe that it was his skill and charisma as a manager that was responsible. And then there was all the "If anyone can put Ballo on the straight and narrow it's "young Brendan Rodgers" shit. His vanity made him fall for that as well.
He's fucked because he's average and been found out.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:40 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Rodgers is a cunt, a media savvy cunt. Clever the way he grabs the Shirt swapping to hang Mario, he is gonna get sacked, whatever games he plays with Mario and the media.

He's a cnut of the highest order. Thing is, he started to believe all the media shit last season about being the new messiah, and when he really knew deep inside that he had just got lucky with Suarez, he chose to believe that it was his skill and charisma as a manager that was responsible. And then there was all the "If anyone can put Ballo on the straight and narrow it's "young Brendan Rodgers" shit. His vanity made him fall for that as well.

It's alright being deluded but believing in your own delusion?

Feck me, what a goal by Lamella. Could watch that over and over.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:54 pm

patrickblue wrote:

It was on the wireless this week that Bodgers wants (eventually ??) to manage in Spain............so that will, no doubt, be Barcelona and Real Madrid fighting for his services then.

The world waits with bated breath...........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby phips » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 am

Erik Lamela's goal was pretty impressive

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264hi ... 9kbaZO7ucY
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:35 am

phips wrote:Erik Lamela's goal was pretty impressive

He could retire now and dine out on that for the rest of his career
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:04 pm

can someone explain why you would choose to attempt a rabona in that situation? seems like showboating and nothing more, but maybe there is a technical aspect I'm missing.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:can someone explain why you would choose to attempt a rabona in that situation? seems like showboating and nothing more, but maybe there is a technical aspect I'm missing.

You're absolutely rubbish with your wrong foot?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:Erik Lamela's goal was pretty impressive

He could retire now and dine out on that for the rest of his career

"Hey kids, have I told you the story of my unbelievable rabona vs Asteras Tripolis in the Europa League group stages?"

By the way, if he retired now, wouldn't that mean the end of his career and subsequently the end of 'dining out' on that goal?

Fine goal, mind.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:can someone explain why you would choose to attempt a rabona in that situation? seems like showboating and nothing more, but maybe there is a technical aspect I'm missing.

You're absolutely rubbish with your wrong foot?

then why not just let the ball run across your body? maybe I'm just jealous b/c I could never pull it off.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Big game tomorrow for us need 3 pts and get Moscow out of our system ........ Err where is the West Ham thread ???? lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Other games this week

Postby phips » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Suarez started El Clasico and set up the first goal. can't be bothered with this one.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Have to feel for Pants playing second fiddle to Mannone, he must be close to getting his chance at this stage.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Hullet ripping Brenda's tactics apart on MOD.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:28 am

Green & Blue wrote:Have to feel for Pants playing second fiddle to Mannone, he must be close to getting his chance at this stage.

He'd have had more matches by now if he'd stayed with us.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum