***cska v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***cska v city official match thread***

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:36 pm

This result will do a lot of damage to Roma. Roma also still have to go to Moscow, but still can't see us beating bayern at home on current CL form. Not over yet but it's a big task.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Camebro wrote:There the same goal difference as us now if it comes to that. We are definitely not out yet. Another cl match like tonight's second half and the count is going to be sweating over his job come the end of the year.

Maybe someone will correct me, but I think the goal difference only counts on head-to-head encounters.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:When they came a'knockin, Pellers sat there with his finger up his arse.

And how the fuck did CSKA get the crowd going, they weren't supposed to have one!

And the penalty, you're having a giraffe. It happens every season we've been there, nothing goes for us. Amazingly!

Pellegrini stiffened up the midfield, like everyone has asked. They ran straight through the back 4 as Totti did.

Stiffened up the midfield with Navas, get to fuck.

No, he attempted to stiffen the midfield with Fernandinho on instead of a striker.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

sheblue wrote:This result will do a lot of damage to Roma. Roma also still have to go to Moscow, but still can't see us beating bayern at home on current CL form. Not over yet but it's a big task.

Can't see us beating Roma, either. It's the hope that kills you....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:This could actually rescue us if it causes Roma to get the shits. Only trouble is, would we be capable of actually beating Stockport County this season, in this competition, if the chips were down ?

If Bayern beat Roma at home in the next game then Bayern will have won the group by the time we play them. That could be a major help.
As for VK and Zxba I think you are missing my point. I have no doubt those two are good enough for the Champs league and I find it hard to believe anyone would doubt that. We took 15 points out of 18 last year in the group stages, so this team can do it. Barca knocked us out in the round of 16.with MDM bring sent off early in the first leg. My only point is that MP may be under pressure from those that gave him £32m to spend on a replacement CB if there is no improvement.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:When they came a'knockin, Pellers sat there with his finger up his arse.

And how the fuck did CSKA get the crowd going, they weren't supposed to have one!

And the penalty, you're having a giraffe. It happens every season we've been there, nothing goes for us. Amazingly!

Pellegrini stiffened up the midfield, like everyone has asked. They ran straight through the back 4 as Totti did.

Stiffened up the midfield with Navas, get to fuck.

With Fernandinho & Navas. Made no fucking difference whatsoever. In fact we were even worse.

But no doubt there will be some utter bollocks reasoning which says it would be different if, blah blah, bollocks. We were shite with 4 in midfield & we were shite with 5 because the players couln't play fucking football properly, just like v Roma & v Bayern away.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Camebro wrote:There the same goal difference as us now if it comes to that. We are definitely not out yet. Another cl match like tonight's second half and the count is going to be sweating over his job come the end of the year.

Maybe someone will correct me, but I think the goal difference only counts on head-to-head encounters.

Head to head is the first thing used to separate teams level on points, if this can't be done ( eg we draw 1-1 in Rome ) then it's decided on GD.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
blues2win wrote:Rafael Hernandez says we've been very hard done by poor refereeing decisions in the CL this campaign. There were two shockers tonight with the penalty decisions so we should have won. Still the furious reaction on this thread is a recognition that we were unforgivably shite in the second half and we can't understand how really good players can let themselves down so badly both individually and collectively. The manager can't get anywhere near the best out of them on these really big European nights. The sheikh's given him everything. New players this season and last and magnificent training facilities. The CL draw is a group of death but we're going out with a pathetic whimper rather than a bang.

The manager has gotten a lot more out of two other teams with less talent than us in this competition. Yet this group of players have performed poorly under two different managers. Pellegrini will pay for it but the blame lies with the players.

Exactly. And Roma are showing right now what an absolute sack of fucking shite they are.

As for the comment above knocking Mangala saying that VK and Zabba have proved themselves at the top level, when have they ever proved themselves in the Champs Lg ?

They lost concentration tonight & against most other top teams they have struggled defensively.

4-0 to Bayern after 30 mins. We could have done the same tonight & v Roma but went to shit instead.

If Kompany and Zab's are that bad, just imagine what'd happen if Lescott was still there. It could've been 10!

They are not bad, they are two of the best in the world, as are Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Dzeko etc.

But in this competition, none of them have performed regularly any better than Mangala did tonight, so I'm pointing out how grossly unfair it is to start blaming him. Any mistake he made, could easily have been covered.

No issues with Manny, he played quite well. It was more the thought of putting Vince and Zab's in the shit bucket. We were getting hammered tonight by their tactics and they were right about our under-belly - our defensive set-up is abysmal.

Pellers isn't getting it right and I'd suggest most could see it, especially at the start of the 2nd half. The fact that Pellers jst sat there and tried to weather it out says it all. We were beaten by ourselves tonight and lack of change cost us.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:This could actually rescue us if it causes Roma to get the shits. Only trouble is, would we be capable of actually beating Stockport County this season, in this competition, if the chips were down ?

If Bayern beat Roma at home in the next game then Bayern will have won the group by the time we play them. That could be a major help.
As for VK and Zxba I think you are missing my point. I have no doubt those two are good enough for the Champs league and I find it hard to believe anyone would doubt that. We took 15 points out of 18 last year in the group stages, so this team can do it. Barca knocked us out in the round of 16.with MDM bring sent off early in the first leg. My only point is that MP may be under pressure from those that gave him £32m to spend on a replacement CB if there is no improvement.

ALL of City's players are good enough for the Champs League & better than most of the players they regularly lose to, & draw against. Mangala is the least of worries in that regard as he is new to failure at the club.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Beefy.

If it was Pellegrini's idea to get Silva, Aguero, Dezeko, Yaya, Kolarov etc to play like cunts then I agree it was his fault, otherwise, not at all.

Their performance level would not be acceptable at any of the top clubs, whatever the formation.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Posession football !!!!!!

We do it for fun in the PL but not in the CL ??????

It is fucking mind blowing .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

I didn't think there was anything that could make me dislike the Champions' league more. I was wrong.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Bayern have taken their foot off the gas, & straight away, Roma almost score.

That's exactly what City do, v everyone, but the difference is, they are 5-0 up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Beefy.

If it was Pellegrini's idea to get Silva, Aguero, Dezeko, Yaya, Kolarov etc to play like cunts then I agree it was his fault, otherwise, not at all.

Their performance level would not be acceptable at any of the top clubs, whatever the formation.

Can't be arsed with that mate as the players you mentioned scored 2 goals away from home. Where it went wrong is that CSKA walked though the defence, just like the Spurs did at the weekend, but lucky they were shit on target.

Did you not think that we would looked shit as players walked through us? Well, if someone like me can see it then surely Pellers could yet he decided that we'd score more than them. Wrong.

We still should've won and now I have to console myself that we should have if it weren't for the ref giving them a 2 goal start, one pen not given to us and one given for them. However, the niggle in my mind is that our defensive system isn't up to the job.

Maybe it is Lescott, he was the driving force.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Beefy.

Can't be arsed with that mate as the players you mentioned scored 2 goals away from home. Where it went wrong is that CSKA walked though the defence, just like the Spurs did at the weekend, but lucky they were shit on target.

Did you not think that we would looked shit as players walked through us? Well, if someone like me can see it then surely Pellers could yet he decided that we'd score more than them. Wrong.

We still should've won and now I have to console myself that we should have if it weren't for the ref giving them a 2 goal start, one pen not given to us and one given for them. However, the niggle in my mind is that our defensive system isn't up to the job.

Maybe it is Lescott, he was the driving force.

Neither is Bayern's right now, it's shite, as is Real Madrid's, Barca's & the rags' was when they put 7 past Roma. But they all got the job done by rubbing teams like them into the dirt, not strolling around & playing like cunts & letting them back in.

Mancini tried the all out defence method and got arse fucked by everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

And to prove my point, Roma score.

Bayern have played exactly like City and lowered their standards & Roma have been all over their back 4.

Pep is stiffening them up by bringing on Ribery.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Why the hell do we even bother? Chumps league form abysmal

I dont think its just our CL form though. We do this in the PL too, just that we get away with it due to such shite opposition.

In all honesty we have probably 1 maybe 2 world class players. The rest are good but when the chips are down they shit themselves or they go missing in games

This is some tough criticism but on a night like this it seems like you are right
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

gmercer1 wrote:Ok so give that as a penalty but not Dzeko's in the first half. Well done referee!

To be honest we have got what we deserved this 2nd half. Some of these players need to take long hard look in the mirror.

This.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

DoomMerchant wrote:Ridiculous.

This is the Count's downfall. He's finished. Lame duck. Which will destroy our domestic form.

Shameful.

He isn't here to do anything more and he's not getting it done. Arrogance. Futility. Complacency.

Fuming....fucking fuming.

And this.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:An absolute disgraceful second half performance. I hope these players know they are the laughing stock of Europe. Actually going around talking that they can compete for this competition. Their professionalism is non existent and their arrogance is worse

And this.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum