***cska v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***cska v city official match thread***

Postby twosips » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 am

Highly frustrating trying to watch this stream but i'm bloody adamant there are a fair few in this team that have a chance. Maffeo, Angelino, Barker, Pozo, Ambrose and maybe a couple of others all have it in them to develop really well. Any of them would do a decent job now amongst the right players. They're all good, intelligent footballers already.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am

Please please please Manuel, don't go in with 2 strikers tonight; we are too wide open in the CL with this idea, and its happened too often. Just one other thing, don't leave Milner out ffs.

Team should be 4-2-3-1, and essentially 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball.

Hart

Zab
Komp
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernando
Fernandinho

Milner
Ya Ya
Silva

Aguero

Performance is immaterial, result is everything. Time to man up in this competition.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Performance is immaterial, result is everything. Time to man up in this competition.

Indeed. I agree with rest of your post too but wanted to highlight this. Big day tonight
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Please please please Manuel, don't go in with 2 strikers tonight; we are too wide open in the CL with this idea, and its happened too often. Just one other thing, don't leave Milner out ffs.

Team should be 4-2-3-1, and essentially 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball.

Hart

Zab
Komp
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernando
Fernandinho

Milner
Ya Ya
Silva

Aguero

I would go with

Hart

Zab
Komp
Mangala
Kolarov

Ya Ya
Fernandinho

Milner
Silva
Navas

Dzeko

Bench
Willy
Aguero
Fernando
Sagna
Clichy
MDM
Jovetic
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 am

blues2win wrote:Brandon Barker is a real prospect.

He is, but there are so many prospects it's a bit difficult to take it all in at times. Celina came on for Barker, & just took over where he left off. Ambrose, ok he should have scored two, but he's beating players, slotting through passes, getting into scoring positions, & legging it like fuck to get behind the ball when we lose it. Pozo playing passes Silva would be proud of, two goals, & 85 mins in, he sprinted like fuck to try & close their cb in possession, then Ambrose did the same with the fullback. Kean Bryan winning everything in midfield & perfect distribution, & even the defence; the Russians didn't have one single chance from what I could see.

We are going to other countries and TWATTING teams.

It's too early right now, but I want to see ALL of the best of these lads, & the best ones who prove themselves on loan, given the chance to figure in our first team. And as I said with Mancini, when the time comes, if the manager won't do it, fire him & bring in one that will.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 am

They don't look anywhere as nervous playing abroad as the first team does, put it that way. Importantly they look like a team, not a bunch of kids. It's exciting too seeing Denayer, Cole, Lopes etc go on loan and do well - they can play their game amongst adults, not just in the youth leagues. I see no reason why any of these couldn't go out on loan and do the same thing.

We have an absolute plethora of incredibly promising talent coming through and it feels like we're on the cusp of a bit of a golden age for our academy and it's gonna save us hundreds of millions. I, weirdly, find that more exciting than the thought of signing someone like Reus or Barkley. I'm just excited of the thought of having one of our 'own', i know Welbeck wasn't really good or owt but United fans definitely felt an affinity towards him and it makes it that much more special and i want that for us. We've not really got anyone like that now Richards has gone and the last one i felt that strongly about was SWP really.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:55 am

twosips wrote:They don't look anywhere as nervous playing abroad as the first team does, put it that way. Importantly they look like a team, not a bunch of kids. It's exciting too seeing Denayer, Cole, Lopes etc go on loan and do well - they can play their game amongst adults, not just in the youth leagues. I see no reason why any of these couldn't go out on loan and do the same thing.

We have an absolute plethora of incredibly promising talent coming through and it feels like we're on the cusp of a bit of a golden age for our academy and it's gonna save us hundreds of millions. I, weirdly, find that more exciting than the thought of signing someone like Reus or Barkley. I'm just excited of the thought of having one of our 'own', i know Welbeck wasn't really good or owt but United fans definitely felt an affinity towards him and it makes it that much more special and i want that for us. We've not really got anyone like that now Richards has gone and the last one i felt that strongly about was SWP really.

cant argue with that mate, feel pretty much the same TBH
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ruralblue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
twosips wrote:They don't look anywhere as nervous playing abroad as the first team does, put it that way. Importantly they look like a team, not a bunch of kids. It's exciting too seeing Denayer, Cole, Lopes etc go on loan and do well - they can play their game amongst adults, not just in the youth leagues. I see no reason why any of these couldn't go out on loan and do the same thing.

Totally agreed Two sips. Would love a couple of these kids to really break through into the team and regulars on the team sheet.

Would also like us to play a couple of the u19's in the early fa cup rounds and agains the likes of qpr. It would really bring them on.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I will see Lopes next week Rennes V Lille Should I give a report ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Hazy if you could put it in the loans thread when the time comes that'd be mint
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Definitely Hazy, do it. I would love to read your thoughts.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby phips » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Please please please Manuel, don't go in with 2 strikers tonight; we are too wide open in the CL with this idea, and its happened too often.

Hart

Zab
Komp
Mangala
Kolarov

Fernando
Fernandinho

Milner
Ya Ya
Silva

Aguero

this is exactly what i want to see
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I will see Lopes next week Rennes V Lille Should I give a report ?

If he's back from injury that is, otherwise you'll be putting yourself through watching Lille, for no good reason..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Hart, Kolarov, Mangala, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Yaya, Milner, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero.

2 up front away from home. not what I hoped but hope Pelle knows what he is doing

SUBS @MCFC: Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Demichelis, Fernandinho, Navas, Jovetic
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:46 pm

2 up front ffs pellers ! will you ever learn!?!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:2 up front ffs pellers ! will you ever learn!?!!

This! At least start with 1 up front, can change it second half if we need to.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby blues2win » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:54 pm

He has got the pace of Mangala and Fernando to provide cover particularly for Kolarov. The right flank should be well covered with Zaba and Milner. Really Silva and Milner should tuck in to stiffen up the midfield when the ball's on the other side.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:55 pm

We played them twice last season with 2 up front and beat them on both occasions.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

We played them twice last season with 2 up front and beat them on both occasions.

I dislkie the two up in CL games, but we should get away with it for this game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Pellegrini should have started with one up front in my opinion.

For some reason in Europe, he doesn't understand that away from home in Europe we should be looking to be solid and then more expansive as the game progresses. Instead of which, we are too open.

We can get away with two up front perhaps against CSKA Moscow, but we need Dzeko and Aguero, one of them to drop back in the hole when we don't have the ball otherwise we will be overrun again. Long-term though and at home to Bayern and away to Roma certainly, it has to be one up front otherwise we can forget progressing to the Last 16.

The consolation is that at least he has had the sense to select Milner again, who is in terrific form rather than Navas.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum