***cska v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***cska v city official match thread***

Postby blues2win » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Did you see Lescott playing against the scum yesterday?

The truth is that Pellegrini got an unfancied team to play well in the CL. The City players know they're expected to do well and they can't seem to handle the pressure when any team in Europe starts to press them. Pellegrini is paid squillions to get the best out of our players on nights like these. He can't escape responsibility for the pathetic second half display. It was like a collective outbreak of measles. What the fuck was Zaba doing with that awful cross field 'pass' with his left foot which put us in trouble. Silva and Yaya were poor throughout but Milner was crap in the second half having been so good in the first. Navas and Fernadinho did fuck all when they came on. Dzeko and Aguero did the square root of fuck all in the second half.

Man of the match? I thought Fernando played ok and was very unlucky to be booked. Mangala made mistakes but did well on other occasions. Ditto Kompany. I'm really struggling to think of a City player who can look himself in the mirror after tonight.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Ribery scores.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

halnone wrote:Goodbye Champions League.

I won't give up until I have to. Unlikely yeah but we have at least one more roll of the dice
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:23 pm

And now Roma have conceded 7 AGAIN. I seem to remember being slagged off when I mentioned how the rags scored 7 v this shower of fucking shite that we allowed to take over midfield when a goal up after 3 mins.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:And now Roma have conceded 7 AGAIN. I seem to remember being slagged off when I mentioned how the rags scored 7 v this shower of fucking shite that we allowed to take over midfield when a goal up after 3 mins.

We let a 38 year old stroll around and take the piss for 75 minutes whilst he also dinked his shot over our keeper with shit defending.

ITS NOT OUR GROUPS,WERE THE PROBLEM.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:When they came a'knockin, Pellers sat there with his finger up his arse.

And how the fuck did CSKA get the crowd going, they weren't supposed to have one!

And the penalty, you're having a giraffe. It happens every season we've been there, nothing goes for us. Amazingly!

Let's see. A Roma player goes sliding in. The ball strikes his hand... penalty for Bayern ... none for City.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 pm

we are simply a joke in europe, we play to slow and then simply panick and get our arses kicked by shite. Like it or not it will mean yet another manager soon enough as the owners will not allow this to keep happening.
Yes the press will love ripping into us tomorrow but once again we have given them all they needed.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:19 pm

So we face CSKA and Bayern at the Etihad and need to win both to be on 8pts going into Roma away.

Roma have Bayern away and CSKA away and are currently on 4pts. You'd imagine they will lose tonight in Germany, possibly win/draw v CSKA, probably win...meaning if we beat a Bayern second string, (as they will already qualify as group winners if they beat Roma in Munich), we will need only a draw in Rome.

A lot of if, buts and maybes but possible, but then again we are so open in Europe anything could happen
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Thursday night Europa League calling ........ Yuk !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:22 pm

City64 wrote:Thursday night Europa League calling ........ Yuk !

not Yuk, an opportunity to keep fringe players fit and see how the younger players perform.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

not Yuk, an opportunity to keep fringe players fit and see how the younger players perform.

Exactly, plus a chance to win a European trophy and the side clearly needs to learn further how to play in Europe.

Also we need to do well in Europe, to improve our ranking. Should we not win the League this season, we will be in pot 3.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Good point but everyone will be laughing at us I'm afraid . CL still just about in our own hands if we beat CSKA and Roma as posted elsewhere . Let's hope we start performing !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Who cares if everyone is laughing? If we do well in it, we will be laughing potentially - a trophy, a good run in Europe and an improvement to our UEFA ranking it is win win
MANCINI Record at City

Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:Who cares if everyone is laughing? If we do well in it, we will be laughing potentially - a trophy, a good run in Europe and an improvement to our UEFA ranking it is win win

Fuck UEFA , just take the cunts to court !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:44 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Good point but everyone will be laughing at us I'm afraid . CL still just about in our own hands if we beat CSKA and Roma as posted elsewhere . Let's hope we start performing !

More fool them, let them laugh! Our prem league opponents will sing their usual crap about champions league etc, and you know what, they are right. However, we are PREM CHAMPS and Current DOUBLE WINNERS lets not forget that and lets get behind the lads. Especially as we smash the teams in the league.

There are loads of permutations left in this CL group
We win the next one at home and Bayern avoid defeat, then we are above ROMA and we still have to play them. Sure it wasn't great today and feels like a defeat after being so in command and its a kick in the nuts, but all is not lost. Lets prove them wrong and wipe the smile off their faces
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 pm

We can do this of course.

But we could have done it already & haven't. If we play properly, we beat CSKA, we beat Roma, & we possibly beat Bayern. If we play our Champions Lg game, we possibly beat CSKA, & we lose the other two, unless Bayern are on the piss.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AG7 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:27 pm

I said it last year and I repeat ... we'll win Europa League before we win the Champions League ... whether it's this year or the next or the one after ... there's no logic to it, Chelsea won the Europa the year after they won the big one ... but it's just a feeling I have about just how we're are up there but just not right up there ... and every CL game proves it.

On another note why CSKA had only 6 subs? Pls don't tell me we couldn't win against a team who couldn't even name a full bench??

And on yet another note, when will we wear the purple kit? Surely Roma's maroon will clash too. And what kit was this we wore today? Where did the white shorts came from?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 pm

The more I watch it the more I keep coming back to Ya Ya. At this level its like 5 aside. One man stops doing his job and all of a sudden you are getting mullered all over the pitch.and look at his face, he clearly doesn't give a fuck.The problem is, the man who could replace him, Fernandinho, is playing with all the assurance, commitment and confidence of an invalid asked to scrummage with the allblacks..It must be murder in the club cos don't tell me the players can't see Ya Ya is taking the piss. They can, but does anybody dare say?no, we all keep quiet, until the next time.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 am

I know people will say you can't blame the referee, that's just an excuse and that we have played poorly, but if the official gives that stone wall penalty on Silva in Munich, we would have been lauded for a 'classic smash and grab job'. Furthermore if he gets one of two penalty calls right last night we would be sitting with seven points after completing two away games including the toughest one on paper. It seems to be a never ending catalogue of these foul ups. It feels crooked.
Onwards and upwards, we still have a reasonable chance.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I know people will say you can't blame the referee, that's just an excuse and that we have played poorly, but if the official gives that stone wall penalty on Silva in Munich, we would have been lauded for a 'classic smash and grab job'. Furthermore if he gets one of two penalty calls right last night we would be sitting with seven points after completing two away games including the toughest one on paper. It seems to be a never ending catalogue of these foul ups. It feels crooked.
Onwards and upwards, we still have a reasonable chance.

I can partly blame the ref and I fucking will. Every game there's some sort of decision that goes against us and last night was no exception, making 2 calls that would've sealed the game for us. Whatever I think of our team I always have to give them their due because they seem to be playing against the system, not with it. We see time and time again fouls go unpunished or penalties not given whilst other teams get things for next to fuck all.

And this is why I can't come to love the CL. It seems like if they can't get us one way, they'll get us another.

Fuck 'em I say, we'll qualify the hard way!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum