Yaya, Vinny, Silva, Nasri, Defence etc

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya, Vinny, Silva, Nasri, Defence etc

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 am

I don't know. It's kind of my default fear and all but the manner in which we're playing suggests that there is something happening outside of the pitch. We're not that bad really, it's just the players are treating each other as if they've never played together before. Solve the conflict or issue or whatever it is and things will start clicking again.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 am

If Silva hadn't been injured after 3 minutes we would have strolled it last night - he conducts the orchestra and we look absolutely clueless without him
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 am

The defensive unit is playing like shit, all of them, & because of that, the system the Count is playing makes it much worse because the idea is that the back 4 are supposed to do the lion's share of defending in that area, whilst the rest press further up, which we don't do very well.

They are not supposed to be exposed like that very often, because we are supposed to have the ball, & then press the oppo into either booting it away or losing it. But we can't do it properly & it ends up with our defenders in 1v1 situations with runners also coming at them, & they are not coping.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Spot on Ted, but why is Pellers standing and watching and doing fuck all.Get behind the ball and fecking wait, Don't be trying to play all the fucking time, teams are scoring 2 from 4, we are scoring the same or less from loads, surely these players could nick a goal in a more cautious on the break set up, not permanently but while it is sorted. Mind you , nothing is dropping for us, got a feeling things will change on Sunday.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum