***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Shocking result today.Last season we played exhibition football against them on a number of occasions.Silvas goal aside(a thing of genius)it was anything but exhibition football from City today.Our midfield and defence are way off the pace so far this season.Not seeing anything to get excied about with either Mangala or Fernando.
User avatar
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:35 am
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 am

Green & Blue wrote:Shocking result today.Last season we played exhibition football against them on a number of occasions.Silvas goal aside(a thing of genius)it was anything but exhibition football from City today.Our midfield and defence are way off the pace so far this season.Not seeing anything to get excied about with either Mangala or Fernando.


tbh im not getting excied about a few of our players this season. I have said it on countless times now, we don't go at other teams at pace, we always slow the game down and got to pass all the time. a fast ball into / around the pen area would help us sometimes, but no lets pass,pass pass near the halfway line. and the person who is slowing the game down is yaya, yesterday he pass to one of our players then run after the ball wanting the ball back getting ball back he then does the same thing instead of getting into space. yaya for one is not putting a shift in
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3655
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:39 am
Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 am

stevefromdonny wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Shocking result today.Last season we played exhibition football against them on a number of occasions.Silvas goal aside(a thing of genius)it was anything but exhibition football from City today.Our midfield and defence are way off the pace so far this season.Not seeing anything to get excied about with either Mangala or Fernando.


tbh im not getting excied about a few of our players this season. I have said it on countless times now, we don't go at other teams at pace, we always slow the game down and got to pass all the time. a fast ball into / around the pen area would help us sometimes, but no lets pass,pass pass near the halfway line. and the person who is slowing the game down is yaya, yesterday he pass to one of our players then run after the ball wanting the ball back getting ball back he then does the same thing instead of getting into space. yaya for one is not putting a shift in


Last week, Rodney Marsh was on Talkspite and he singled out Yaya for special criticism, saying he had been a complete passenger this season.

That radio programme always seem to wheel Jolly Rodney in when they want someone, who used to play for us, to do a back-stabbing job and I know that Marsh was never the most energetic of players in his time with us, however, it was difficult to argue against the point that was being made.

IMHO, I just feel that by spending the money we did on Fernando and Mangala, together with missing the opportunity to sell Yaya to PSG in the summer (always pre-supposing that PSG 's interest was genuine and not mere paper talk), we missed the chance to bring in several good quality attacking players, who would have refreshed and re-invigorated our goal scoring style.

Given Pellegrini's attacking philosophy, I just wish he had gone for this option, instead of trying to improve the defensive side of our game.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 pm

wank = thanks city for pissing me off twice whilst in Turkey,

1) drop yaya
2)play mdm
3)play milner

we need a settled team. milner, fern1 and fern2 need game time together and mdm provides more confidence in defence (imagine we;d be saying this). Too many changes with players short of game time and confidence, added to the total passenger that is yaya is costing us points.
Nick
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Still haven't seen the game yet, but whilst out of the country, after reading Sam's comments on tinternet about City being easy to play against because we only play one way, later told a rag mate what he had said. His reply: " One: no they don't, & two, when they get it right, they are the best fucking team in Europe ". Took me by surprise but kind of puts things into perspective I think.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Sam is full of shit. WH rode their luck. Aguero will never hit the bar from there again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8936
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby walmai » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:19 pm

sheblue wrote:Sam is full of shit. WH rode their luck. Aguero will never hit the bar from there again.


Sam said that they made a decision to target Mangala.

The left side of your defence is weaker than the right.

We did ride our luck, but could have scored a couple more too.

Aguero had an off day, no doubt about it.

Good luck tomorrow.
Image
User avatar
walmai
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 am
Location: Panic in Granadaland!
Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:52 am

Sam said that they made a decision to target Mangala.

The left side of your defence is weaker than the right.

We did ride our luck, but could have scored a couple more too.

Aguero had an off day, no doubt about it.

Good luck tomorrow.


I think West Ham was excellent. I especially liked how you pressed our centre backs even when we were in possession.

What are your feelings for Sam now, seeing as you're in the top four? If I remember correctly, you were not to keen on him in the past? Or rather, you tolerated him but not much more.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
User avatar
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4530
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Juist watched the first half expecting to see City overrun in midfield with Clichy, Mangala, Fernando & Yaya all being worse than everyone else, & actually saw City totally dominating centre midfield with Yaya & Fernando fucking excellent on the ball & Clichy Mangala arguably better than Vincent & Zabba.

Clichy & Zabaletta both equally awful for the goal; Clichy is stood in the wrong position (should be closer to Mangala & it happens too much with both him & Kolarov) Mangala pretty shit covering, Vince with his head up his arse as he was for most of the half, & Zabaleta, as always, fucking awful at stopping the goal. (Does he EVER intercept any such crosses as last man ?) What the fuck Zabba was trying to do I have no idea. Seemed determined to get in front of Joe Hart like a centre forward.

Pretty clear from that half that the defence is disorganised as a 4 & needs work. Rest of the team fine except Dzeko who was a fucking carthorse. Serge working very hard; good to see.

Be interesting to see if the 2nd half is equally as far away from the hysterical LSD version some of you cunts watched of the first half.
West Ham playing well, like Bolton used to; hard work, ball down the channels, direct ball down the centre, typical Fat Sam/Taylor style early 90s football.

Watch the rest tomorrow.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ***West Ham v CITY match thread ***

Postby walmai » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I think West Ham was excellent. I especially liked how you pressed our centre backs even when we were in possession.

What are your feelings for Sam now, seeing as you're in the top four? If I remember correctly, you were not to keen on him in the past? Or rather, you tolerated him but not much more.


He's an acquired taste; more palatable when things are going right.

He's still got enough professional pride to let criticism spur him on, it seems.

As things stand, I imagine he will be taking his trailer load of gum and parking it next to the home dugout at the Olympic Stadium.

I still need time to get my head around that, as I am sure it must have been a wrench for the older fan on here, counting down the months to the departure from Maine Road.
Image
User avatar
walmai
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 am
Location: Panic in Granadaland!
Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 48 guests