knives out for kun

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: knives out for kun

Postby phips » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:55 pm

supposedly Atkinson saw it and decided not to punish. we'll see how the week goes though.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Cudos to Atkinsonn if true. Howard Webb would have claimed that he was watching the ball obscured his vision or something similar in order to gie it.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm

blues2win wrote:PA saying that Atkinson reporting he DID see the incident so no further action by the FA.

Thanks God for that. I hope he now goes on and gets at least a hat-trick against the scum at the weekend, just for good measure.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby walmai » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't personally see it as a particularly malicious challenge, but the problem is that he shifted the position of his own body, whilst his studs were pushing down on the top of Noble's boot. It would undoubtedly have been painful.

Noble is also capable of a challenge like that, which, as some bod on MOTD said yesterday, always looks worse when its slowed down.

It would be a shame if the player got banned for it, what with

(a) the ref being practically close enough to tie their laces for them, and
(b) if you look closely Noble getting up and re-joining the play fairly quickly anyway.

I'm having a bit of a laugh at all this talk of agendas on here, though. I know that fan sites bring out the bunker mentality across the board, but, if there was anything truly wrong with the officiating yesterday, it was that, when fairly and squarely on a yellow Kompany went on to commit two further bookable offences, against the same player - on one occasion doing so when there was a chance for a pacy forward to get behind the defence and run on goal. And the other? A flying kick basically...

All in all, the ref was mediocre and it affected the game for both sides.

I hope Aguero doesn't get any retrospective punishment.

He needs to practice his open goal technique, however.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Several links reporting NO action to be taken against Aguero as the ref reported he DID see the tackle . Thank fuck for that but how the fuck certain sections of the rag bias media went huge on this before next weeks derby is staggering and fucking disgracefull.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:23 pm

walmai wrote:I don't personally see it as a particularly malicious challenge, but the problem is that he shifted the position of his own body, whilst his studs were pushing down on the top of Noble's boot. It would undoubtedly have been painful.

Noble is also capable of a challenge like that, which, as some bod on MOTD said yesterday, always looks worse when its slowed down.

It would be a shame if the player got banned for it, what with

(a) the ref being practically close enough to tie their laces for them, and
(b) if you look closely Noble getting up and re-joining the play fairly quickly anyway.

I'm having a bit of a laugh at all this talk of agendas on here, though. I know that fan sites bring out the bunker mentality across the board, but, if there was anything truly wrong with the officiating yesterday, it was that, when fairly and squarely on a yellow Kompany went on to commit two further bookable offences, against the same player - on one occasion doing so when there was a chance for a pacy forward to get behind the defence and run on goal. And the other? A flying kick basically...

All in all, the ref was mediocre and it affected the game for both sides.

I hope Aguero doesn't get any retrospective punishment.

Good win for you yesterday mate and hope you did it justice with a decent celebratory drink .... or two. It was a good game to watch, plenty of action and talking points and the 2 goals say that you were good for it.

Well done mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I didn't see a lot wrong with the ref overall, but if he says he didn't see that it should be him banned not Kun.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby walmai » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
walmai wrote:I don't personally see it as a particularly malicious challenge,

Good win for you yesterday mate and hope you did it justice with a decent celebratory drink .... or two. It was a good game to watch, plenty of action and talking points and the 2 goals say that you were good for it.

Well done mate.

I'm still pinching myself, beefy... I started going to games about 30 years ago now and this is the type of start we seemed to occasionally have in the 80's (when the 'West Ham come down with the Christmas lights' cliche made some sense).

However, being the old man I am now, I actually had to cope with the exhilaration of yesterday's result booze-free, having given up the stuff last January.

I'd still say that we caught you on a bit of an off day. That's the weird thing, though. As much as certain segments of our crowd will never take to BFSam, the players seem as a unit to now be fully behind him. It showed yesterday. There was no comparison to the squad that fell to bits last January.

The memory of that makes me want to sink more than a beer or two!!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Heard Lineker talking about it on MotD and couldn't believe it. It was a nothing challenge and the ref was right there. No mention of Amalfitano jumping into the crowd when already booked though, a definite red card. They also mentioned that Kompany should have seen a second yellow which I have to agree with.

Kompany shouldn't have,Amalfitano should have and nothing will happen to Kun.

Next.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:24 pm

I hate to be the one who points this out, but Kun has got previous with incidents like this. He can be a right nasty fucker with some dangerous play.

However, gotta be happy with the outcome of that from sat.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:26 pm

I take it the media had to ask the FA for confirmation that Sergio wasn't to be sanctioned. Was never a chance of it but I'm sure they'll ask the question before/during/after the match just to make the point.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Rag biased media at there slimy fucking worst , fucking dispicable how they operate . Anyone who still thinks everything is fair and honest and a level playing field an all that needs a fucking head wobble !

Ps Well done the ref btw for staying honest and admitting he saw it even though he was only 2 yards away .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:29 am

Only saw this tackle earlier today. Looked summat and nothing. The one in the cup semi against Chelsea mind, well that looked very naughty.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum