****City v Newcastle MATCH THREAD****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Newcastle MATCH THREAD****

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 am

Jovetic was fucking tremendous amongst that shower last night. He was pulling players all over the fucking shop, coming deep, wide, running in behind, all the time whilst his team mates largely stood around like fucking traffic cones waiting for the ball at their feet.

Yes he gave away the ball sometimes by trying to inject PACE & invention into our play rather than just making the obvious pass. However, half the time when he lost the ball playing it forward, had he had a partner like Suarez, then it wouldn't be a wasted pass, as they would anticipate what he might do & come off the defender to meet it, then pass it back to him as he ran through.

One or two were slating Andy Cole on here the other day. Had he been playing last night, he would have read exactly what Jovetic was trying to do & the pair would have torn them a new arsehole.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 am

I quite agree Ted. Milner hit a ridiculous paced cross when Jovetic was in for a simple header. He definitely should play against the scum along with Aguero. Vinny MDM Zabaleta and Kolarov for me. We should be a lot more solid at the back then. We'll miss Silva though. A twisted knee suggests two weeks out or maybe more. I'd play Fernando Fernandinho Milner with Toure pushed up. 4-3-1-2. Probably play 4-4-2 though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 am

blues2win wrote:I quite agree Ted. Milner hit a ridiculous paced cross when Jovetic was in for a simple header. He definitely should play against the scum along with Aguero. Vinny MDM Zabaleta and Kolarov for me. We should be a lot more solid at the back then. We'll miss Silva though. A twisted knee suggests two weeks out or maybe more. I'd play Fernando Fernandinho Milner with Toure pushed up. 4-3-1-2. Probably play 4-4-2 though.

i wouldn't have Fernandinho in the squad at the weekend.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dave watson's perm » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 am

according to physioroom.com, Yaya has a knock with "no return date"?? He looked OK going off last night
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 am

dave watson's perm wrote:according to physioroom.com, Yaya has a knock with "no return date"?? He looked OK going off last night

Pellegrini mentioned something about tightness in his groin as the reason for taking him off. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:11 pm

fully agree with the others defending jovetic. since his return from injury, he's been one of the very few bright spots in our entire squad. he is the only one willing to take on defenders or try something different than our usual one-paced predictable garbage.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
dave watson's perm wrote:according to physioroom.com, Yaya has a knock with "no return date"?? He looked OK going off last night

Pellegrini mentioned something about tightness in his groin as the reason for taking him off. I'm sure he'll be fine.

tightness in his groin? probably a hangover from his summer wanker antics
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Citywatch says expected to be fit for Sunday. Apparently Yaya said he felt tired and a bit tight in his groin. Assuming Silva doesn't make it Yaya must play further forward and make the play. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable there than further back with more defensive duties.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dromoreblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Amazed by how many people seem to rate Kolarov. he,s one of the worst left backs i,ve seen st City. Absolutey shocking defensively, and that infuriating back heel flickback thing he does several times every game. Yes he is a threat going forward and his delivery from wide is sometimes excellent. But he is a defender and that is his primary job in the team.He is a liability and not good enough for this City team.
dromoreblue
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 pm

dromoreblue wrote:Amazed by how many people seem to rate Kolarov. he,s one of the worst left backs i,ve seen st City. Absolutey shocking defensively, and that infuriating back heel flickback thing he does several times every game. Yes he is a threat going forward and his delivery from wide is sometimes excellent. But he is a defender and that is his primary job in the team.He is a liability and not good enough for this City team.

Agree in the main. Especially about a defenders primary responsibility being able to defend. Compare him to left backs the rags, chavs and arse have had. No contest I'm afraid
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Interception count this season. Fernandinho 13 Milner 8 Fernando 7 Toure 2. Ouch.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Thank fuck for that. Never rated the Mickey Mouse Cup.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:54 pm

blues2win wrote:Interception count this season. Fernandinho 13 Milner 8 Fernando 7 Toure 2. Ouch.

interception!
what are the midfield rushing stats this season?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm

How many rebounds has Mangala got to his name so far?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby aaron bond » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 am

dromoreblue wrote:Amazed by how many people seem to rate Kolarov. he,s one of the worst left backs i,ve seen st City. Absolutey shocking defensively, and that infuriating back heel flickback thing he does several times every game. Yes he is a threat going forward and his delivery from wide is sometimes excellent. But he is a defender and that is his primary job in the team.He is a liability and not good enough for this City team.

We have 2 left backs.

Clichy was pretty good defensively but is now dreadful. His attacking play has never been that great.

Kolarov is average at best defensively, but is a major attacking threat.

That's why people prefer Kolarov.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:51 am

Imo, Kolarov last season started to look more solid defensively & was a big threat going forward. In the end he was considerably better than Clichy, who was average.

But the other side of that coin, is that Clichy gets forward & back quicker, & although he doesn't produce the same kind of wicked crosses Kolarov does, neither does he give the ball away all the time. When Kolarov gets his shite head on, he just puts his foot through the ball without thinking & wastes loads of great positions. There is little to choose between them right now & we have to hope that both improve, as neither currently deserve a place in our squad.

They are not alone. Zabba & Sagna have been largely a waste of space this season, & if it wasn't for a couple of successful attacking touches, Zabaleta's level so far would be nowhere near the required standard. A fit Micah Richards is two levels above what both are currently producing, & that goes for Mangala too; Micah would have been more solid than him at cb.

So far, all 4 fullbacks are largely below Richards average level, Mangala is below Richards, Lescott's average level, Demichelis is below Lescott's average level, Fernando is below Garcia's average level, & Dzeko, after a great start, is now below Negredo's worst level.

Add to that, Yaya, Fernandinho below par, Silva sometimes great sometimes shit, Navas, average, Vinny average.

Aguero tbf looks very close as do Milner, Jovetic & Nasri. Hart ok. But the rest.

And yet they have still produced some really great football even with so many at 5 out of 10 level or below. Imagine what they could do if they all pull their heads out of their arses ?

Now would be a good time to start.

Now would be a good time to wake up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Milner hasn't been great either. He always works hard but he was shite in the second half in Moscow along with everyone else and lacked quality in the final third against Newcastle. I was particularly annoyed at a thoughtless whacked cross when Jovetic was begging to be picked off for a simple header.

Kolarov had a poor night; lucky not to give away a penalty and his crossing was thoughtless and ineffective. Normally he drilled low and was picked off at the near post then he whacked a cross far too hard for anyone to get a touch when well placed. There again Clichy has been beyond shite so I think Kolarov should play on Sunday but he must get cover from Milner. If Pellegrini says we're three or four players short you have to think that left back is one position which needs to be strengthened. Please though a 28- 30 year old so we don't block off Angelino's chances.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 pm

lethargy

ˈlɛθədʒi/Submit

noun

a lack of energy and enthusiasm.

"there was an air of lethargy about him"

synonyms: sluggishness, inertia, inactivity, inaction, slowness, torpor, torpidity, lifelessness, Manchester City, dullness, listlessness, languor, languidness, stagnation, laziness, idleness, indolence, shiftlessness, sloth, phlegm, apathy, passivity, ennui, weariness, tiredness, lassitude, fatigue, sleepiness, drowsiness, enervation, somnolence, narcosis; rare hebetude

"with an effort, Miles shook off the lethargy that had been creeping over him since his wife's death"
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:lethargy

ˈlɛθədʒi/Submit

noun

yaya toure

corrected for you
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle