Where are the kids?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Where are the kids?

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:31 pm

john@staustell wrote:One of the roles of the 'kids' is to bring in revenue for the club. If JD does indeed go to Galatasaray his earnings for City will be running into millions. From that he may indeed develop into a City player.

But the current brief from the chairman to Txiki, Ferran and Pelle is that the club win trophies. It is not to prioritise 'giving people a chance' over winning football matches.

That is the be-all and end-all. If people are good enough they will play, if they aren't they wont.

They caught a bad cold last year getting us knocked out of 2 cups. I'll single out poor old Dedryck again because he is a good example. He did 'OK', he didn't make any major fuck-ups. But he is not top 4 quality.

Lower the quality in the team and you lose football matches.

Wait, who got us knocked us out of the two cups? Can you clarify, cos it certainly wasn't the fucking kids!
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 pm

Pellegrini went balls deep in every competition and we still fucled them up.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm

This was the line up for our loss against Newcastle in the Capitol one cup:

Caballero, Sagna, Kolarov, Demichelis, Mangala, Fernandinho, Milner, Yaya Toure (Navas 60), Silva (Nasri 9 (Aguero 70), Jovetic, Dzeko

Unused subs:
Hart, Zabaleta, Fernando, Boyata

This was the team that couldn't overcome the mighty Middlesborough:

Caballero, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Boyata, Kompany, Fernando (Dzeko 80), Milner, Navas (Fernandinho 67), Silva, Jovetic (Lampard 67), Aguero

Unused subs:
Hart, Demichelis, Sagna, Clichy
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm

I'd actually say that, sure, we played Boyata in the FA-cup but we also put on Lampard who was so old that he counts as minus 2. Thus, we played -1 academy player.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:18 pm

Still don't give a fuck. If they're good enough they'll make it and if they ain't, blame the scouts and club for not bringing them through.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby twosips » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Still don't give a fuck. If they're good enough they'll make it and if they ain't, blame the scouts and club for not bringing them through.

Great. Others do.

If they're good enough they'll make it is relatively naive and lazy soundbite - its not as black and white as that and never will be. If we had a young Xavi in our kids he'd never get a game. So he'd never turn into Xavi. Clubs, managers and people get it wrong. All the time. No one's infallible. It's frustrating when we have to watch it happen.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 am

twosips wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Still don't give a fuck. If they're good enough they'll make it and if they ain't, blame the scouts and club for not bringing them through.

Great. Others do.

If they're good enough they'll make it is relatively naive and lazy soundbite - its not as black and white as that and never will be. If we had a young Xavi in our kids he'd never get a game. So he'd never turn into Xavi. Clubs, managers and people get it wrong. All the time. No one's infallible. It's frustrating when we have to watch it happen.

If we had a young Xavi on our hands he would play. If 'young Manc Xavi' couldn't get a game but had the ability, he would force a move to Barca/Madrid/Munich/Juve to play at the top level (just like Pogba has).

You have a point as soon as a youth player we have here becomes a star at another champions league team after City didn't play him. If he doesn't want to move to another big team that would give him chances, then you have to question his self-belief and drive. Or question his ability if no other top teams want to take a chance on him (PS: top teams all have scouts watching each other's youth... it's not like our youth players are secret talents hidden from the world).
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:55 am

If you think that City's EDS & Academy players have difficulty breaking into the senior team, then they certainly wouldn't be better off at Chelski.... They have 26 players out on loan!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-are.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby phips » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:21 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:If you think that City's EDS & Academy players have difficulty breaking into the senior team, then they certainly wouldn't be better off at Chelski.... They have 26 players out on loan!

true but Chelsea are incredibly adept at buying players, loaning them out, and flipping them for a tidy profit. sure, they take a loss on some, only make a little on some, and then some of them end up being David Luiz, Lukaku, or KDB that they flip for a big profit.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:12 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:If you think that City's EDS & Academy players have difficulty breaking into the senior team, then they certainly wouldn't be better off at Chelski.... They have 26 players out on loan!

Their young Belgian CB is getting games tho
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:21 am

Wooders wrote:

Their young Belgian CB is getting games tho

But they aren't exactly keeping clean sheets or defending well tho
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wooders » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 am

Well, that is true , would be harsh to blame that on Zouma though, he's been one of their better players this campaign
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 am

phips wrote:

true but Chelsea are incredibly adept at buying players, loaning them out, and flipping them for a tidy profit. sure, they take a loss on some, only make a little on some, and then some of them end up being David Luiz, Lukaku, or KDB that they flip for a big profit.

True and there is always a chance that one of them turns into a top notch player to keep. Courtois!!! It's a model that works well for FFS too, as soon as we start making money on it and finding superstars. The rules will be amended to stop it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:02 am

Good chance we'll see Ian Nacho on the pitch against Watford as Bony has an injury.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:08 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Good chance we'll see Ian Nacho on the pitch against Watford as Bony has an injury.

yea saw that pic of him, doesnt look great for wilf. Nacho may well get a run out now......cometh the hour cometh the man...........
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 am

sheblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Good chance we'll see Ian Nacho on the pitch against Watford as Bony has an injury.

yea saw that pic of him, doesnt look great for wilf. Nacho may well get a run out now......cometh the hour cometh the man...........

What happened?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

What happened?

crutches with a cast type plastic thing on his leg, ankle maybe?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 pm

sheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

What happened?

crutches with a cast type plastic thing on his leg, ankle maybe?

Pellets says Bony has a cut and should be back after the international break.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:22 pm

I like it, just long enough to see off the international break, Yaya pulled out of the squad as well. Now if Vinnie and Kun could have mysterious ailments as well, that'd be awesome.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:37 pm

PELLEGRINI: We have three young players in the squad tomorrow, @pablomaffeo @patrick7roberts and @67Kelechi

Lopes officially off to Monaco.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum