Where are the kids?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Where are the kids?

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I don't get why we're sending players there.

At least Vitesse Arnhem are in the Ditch first division, right?

Just guessing here but perhaps there's common ground in terms of style of play so we see it as beneficial to our players development that they're getting coached in the right way whilst getting experience at senior level.

And the Dutch second division is probably not worse than say the Spanish second division. At least not by much.I would guess anyway, perhaps Nool has a more informed opinion though.

I know next to nothing about the Spanish second division ;-)

I don't follow the Dutch second division very closely either, but know a bit about the yoyo teams that are always in the relegation fight in the first division or the promotion battle in the second. NAC Breda is not realy one of those teams. They were a very stable mid-table team for a long time, but hit a rough patch financially a couple of years ago, which made them inable to compete on the highest level.

What I can say is that the level is poor. Since this season EDS teams from the top-flight clubs are allowed to play in the second division, so our loanees in the Dutch second division will play the EDS teams of PSV, AJAX and FC Utrecht. I'm sure our own EDS would be able to play these teams off the pitch. They will also playing a few semi-proffessional teams that have promoted from the amature leagues. Ahead of this season there were only two proffessional divsions in the Netherlands, and the second one was closed - you couldn't relegate. From this season the system has been changed, and they now have a pyramide system all the way from the top to division 8 or 9 (1 first, second, and third division, 2 fourth divisions, 4 fith divisions, etc.). I.E. there's no longer a strict division between proffessional and amature football.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:57 am

Manu Garcia to Deportivo Alaves:

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/08/16/tal ... long-loan/?

18-year old Manu García is the latest City youngster to head out on loan – he will join La Liga side Deportivo Alavés on a season long loan.

Manu has predominantly featured for the youth teams since joining Manchester City from Sporting de Gijón back in 2013, however has played four competitive games for the first team (under Manuel Pellegrini) in the Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup. His only first team goal came in the Capital One Cup against Crystal Palace in a 5-1 victory.

Manu García will be registered under Deportivo Alavés B, however will play for the Deportivo Alavés first team. Alavés have described “promising, young and talented footballer”. Manu Garcíá will be used to add “more quality midfield” to the La Liga side.

All that’s left to say is… good luck Manu
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 am

Deportivo Alavés club crest could be one of the ugliest in world football. It looks like a sailing inspired clothing brand, specialized in expensive, but ugly polo shirts in pastel colours ...

mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:52 am

mr_nool wrote:Deportivo Alavés club crest could be one of the ugliest in world football. It looks like a sailing inspired clothing brand, specialized in expensive, but ugly polo shirts in pastel colours ...

That looks like art in comparance with this

A team that has a yet and is situated in a middle of huge plain with no seas near.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:02 pm

I haven't actually seen him play but the hype is strong. If we let Sancho get away that will be a huge loss.

Although, tbf, with Silva, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus, KDB, maybe Roberts, & maybe Sanchez ahead of him its hard to blame him for not seeing a path to the first team
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:01 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I haven't actually seen him play but the hype is strong. If we let Sancho get away that will be a huge loss.

Although, tbf, with Silva, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus, KDB, maybe Roberts, & maybe Sanchez ahead of him its hard to blame him for not seeing a path to the first team

No Kun?

Sounds like the introduction to a kids TV show. Like it
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:06 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I haven't actually seen him play but the hype is strong. If we let Sancho get away that will be a huge loss.

A few weeks ago I said to someone I had a funny feeling Foden would step ahead of Diaz and Sancho in near future. Both of those have disappointed when I've watched them in the last year. Last time I saw Sancho play for England he seemed to have adopted a little of the big-time Charlies, though I may be wrong. Diaz is a classic beat-10-men-and-lose-the-ball-to-the-11th!

Foden certainly seems to be coming to the fore. I wouldn't criticise any manager for not playing kids he doesn't think are good enough for City. Even though most fans seem to beleive all hype about any 'City kid' and that it makes them the next Zidane.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 am

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Deportivo Alavés club crest could be one of the ugliest in world football. It looks like a sailing inspired clothing brand, specialized in expensive, but ugly polo shirts in pastel colours ...

That looks like art in comparance with this

A team that has a yet and is situated in a middle of huge plain with no seas near.

Look no further than this. What the hell is happening to that poor animal? Why does it have piercing? Why does it have swans head but ducks feet? Is it tied to ground and if it is, as it seems, wouldn't that be a crime? And what on earth is that shit on it's neck? So many questions, so few answers.

Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 am

What kind of feet do you think a swan has?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:36 am

Swans have feet like that too - most swimming waterbirds do.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:51 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Look no further than this. What the hell is happening to that poor animal? Why does it have piercing? Why does it have swans head but ducks feet? Is it tied to ground and if it is, as it seems, wouldn't that be a crime? And what on earth is that shit on it's neck? So many questions, so few answers.

The Buckinghamshire flag:

Maybe they made it into a duck because they aren't an elegant team? Or they just used the chairman's talented seven year old daughter rather than employing a proper graphic designer?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:40 am

Pep full of praise for Foden this morning. Depending on how he does in the next couple of games I can see him staying with us next year rather than going out on loan.

Sounds a player
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:25 am

nottsblue wrote:Pep full of praise for Foden this morning. Depending on how he does in the next couple of games I can see him staying with us next year rather than going out on loan.

Sounds a player

Didn't see the game but delighted he played well.
We really need a few of the young lads to step up.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 am

nottsblue wrote:Pep full of praise for Foden this morning. Depending on how he does in the next couple of games I can see him staying with us next year rather than going out on loan.

Sounds a player

Is a player.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am

just posted about foden in another thread but can't say enough about him. an obvious talent, and appears to have that quick footballing brain that makes the kdb's and silva's of the world so good. really hope he makes the squad.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 am

Sounds a player

He did indeed.

‘I don’t have words – I would like to have the right words to describe what I saw,’ said the City manager. 'You are the lucky guys who saw the first game, for the first team for Manchester City, of this guy.

‘It’s a long time since I saw something like this. His performance was another level. He’s 17-years-old, he’s a City player, he grew up in the academy, he loves the club, he’s a City fan and for us he’s a gift.
‘He will stay with us training with us in the pre-season and maybe he’ll stay with us in season because he’s special.’
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:just posted about foden in another thread but can't say enough about him. an obvious talent, and appears to have that quick footballing brain that makes the kdb's and silva's of the world so good. really hope he makes the squad.

I too hope he makes the squad. he was very impressive last night, albeit in a friendly. if he does make the squad i hope its not like Aleix Garcia last yr though--he only had 8 total appearances. that would be a waste of talent and a waste of an opportunity to get him valuable playing time.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:just posted about foden in another thread but can't say enough about him. an obvious talent, and appears to have that quick footballing brain that makes the kdb's and silva's of the world so good. really hope he makes the squad.

I too hope he makes the squad. he was very impressive last night, albeit in a friendly. if he does make the squad i hope its not like Aleix Garcia last yr though--he only had 8 total appearances. that would be a waste of talent and a waste of an opportunity to get him valuable playing time.

Not too sure about that. I'll put it like this Garcia played more last season than Messi did in his first season with Barcelona A and Foden is the same age now as Messi was then.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:53 pm

I don't know what you expect Saul. 8 appearances n a team challenging for the PL and the CL. Who should he play instead of? Silva? Yaya? Sane? Sterling? Fern 1?

Unrealistic mate.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Foden was pretty incredible last night. Touch was amazing and seemed to be all over the place. Shame he didn't finish the lob chance he had at the end. And only 17 too!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum