***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Two defeats in the first eleven games. Last season it was four defeats in the first eleven games. This time we have played the rags. Chavs. scummy dippers and arsenal. We showed character to come from behind twice despite no silva Kompany Zaba etc. It's a good point all in.



Last season we didnt have a robotic Chelsea doing their thing.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22495
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Hate international breaks but this one now has come at the perfect time .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
User avatar
City64
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9827
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Very disappointing.

Still, am sat waiting for Counting Crows to come onstage so the evening has picked up
nottsblue
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23292
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:54 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Two defeats in the first eleven games. Last season it was four defeats in the first eleven games. This time we have played the rags. Chavs. scummy dippers and arsenal. We showed character to come from behind twice despite no silva Kompany Zaba etc. It's a good point all in.



Last season we didnt have a robotic Chelsea doing their thing.


It would be interesting to see how Chelsea would cope and continue if Costa were to receive a 'genuine' injury which kept him out for five or six weeks, or even more.

I still don't believe they're the free-flowing footballing invincibles the media now seem to be making them out to be. They could just as easily start to struggle and then implode.


However, just to add a flippant note to this thread, I'd hate it if Pellegrini were to leave, but I'd hate it even more if Simeone were to take over.

I can't stand his ludicrous, combed over and forward hairstyle; it makes him look absolutely ridiculous and I would never be able to take him seriously.....it must cost him a fortune in hair gel each day just to keep the entire tonsorial creation in place.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:59 pm

No complaints from me, it's like the hangover all over again,
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 42478
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:02 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Two defeats in the first eleven games. Last season it was four defeats in the first eleven games. This time we have played the rags. Chavs. scummy dippers and arsenal. We showed character to come from behind twice despite no silva Kompany Zaba etc. It's a good point all in.



Last season we didnt have a robotic Chelsea doing their thing.


Actually I think we did didn't we ?

Didn't we have a robotic Arsenal, followed by a robotic Chelsea, followed by a robotic Liverpool ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Two defeats in the first eleven games. Last season it was four defeats in the first eleven games. This time we have played the rags. Chavs. scummy dippers and arsenal. We showed character to come from behind twice despite no silva Kompany Zaba etc. It's a good point all in.



Last season we didnt have a robotic Chelsea doing their thing.


Actually I think we did didn't we ?

Didn't we have a robotic Arsenal, followed by a robotic Chelsea, followed by a robotic Liverpool ?

Yes they were all winning but its the way Chelsea are winning this season,its different.
Im far from throwing in the towel but if we think Chelsea are gonna do a major Liverpool esq head fart then we are mistaken if we drop ten points behind we are fucked.
Who would have thought it that Swansea at home and Southampton away would be vital.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22495
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Shambolic performance.

We were bailed out by Aguero, and a combination of Joe Hart and some favourable refereeing. Defensively we were all over the place, whilst the midfield 5 looked as solid as water.

Fernando is as mobile as a wheelie bin & provided all the protection of perforated durex. Fernandinho, Nasri & Ya Ya put on a clinic of valuing possession like a used toilet roll, whilst Clichy played like he had his legs tied together, and was pissed as well.

That game cried out for James Milner from the off yet he was mystifyingly omitted. On nights like that, when the chips are well and truly down, a limp hearted Nasri is as much use as a marzipan dildo. And as for Navas - if he cant make hay against shite like QPR, then when exactly will he roast a full-back and be more than a lightweight peripheral figure. The manager looks lost, the teams looks rudderless and this "unlucky moment" he keeps harping on about has lasted 6 games now.

The Capital One Cup and Champions League are gone. The Premier League is all but gone so its the FA Cup & runners up spot to shoot for, which with this squad, simply aint good enough. Im simply stunned at how clueless, rudderless, lightweight and careless we were once again.

In a nutshell, garbage and its becoming very hard to make a case for the managers retention if this keeps up much longer. He may already have sealed his exit if he is being judged by the same standards as Mancini.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6002
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 pm
Location: Manchester Born and Bred, City by the Grace of God

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Absolute Shite.

We have the best centre forward in the world and cannot beat QPR!

The title is gone, Chelsea will not lose three games.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:19 pm

The thing is though, that Fernando showed earlier in the season, after a rusty start, that he is actually very mobile indeed, & fast, & was actually quite staggeringly good.

Since the injury, he has not had the same pace or stamina.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Fernando has been shit.

Pellers Out!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 42478
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fernando has been shit.

Pellers Out!


I thoght you'd fucked off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby blues2win » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 pm

I think the ones least to blame are our new recruits Fernando and Mangala. They're struggling to get used to the pace of a new League and they're joining a struggling team. There was one splendid moment for Fernando when he tore back and made a crucial block and then another when he went tamely into a challenge in the run up to the second goal. I still think they'll both be fine.

Sergio and Hart( excepting his poor distribution) were our best players but the pass of the match was Yaya's for the second goal; must have been 40 yards. Sergio had so much still to do but he was irresistible despite the entire QPR defence swarming over him. Brilliant.
blues2win
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9000
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:No lack of workrate just a lack of consistent quality & competent defending. Mangala started to find his feet as the game went on.

Serge & Yaya almost turned it round but we are suffering a huge loss of confidence & it's purely down to the fucking Champions League.

Considering how much went wrong they did well to get something out of the game but that is a stroll in the park victory for a fully firing City team. There's no way they could stop us from scoring time & again if we were on our game.

I recon there's 4 points between us & the title going.

I'd have to say 1, Ted. Today didn't feel like the Derby loss to the Van Persey freekick, but it felt pretty damn close.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Still, am sat waiting for Counting Crows to come onstage so the evening has picked up

Holy fuck. I mean it was bad but for this to pick you up must've affected you fucking hard my aurally challenged friend.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9326
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:49 pm
Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Spurge » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Shambolic performance.

We were bailed out by Aguero, and a combination of Joe Hart and some favourable refereeing. Defensively we were all over the place, whilst the midfield 5 looked as solid as water.

Fernando is as mobile as a wheelie bin & provided all the protection of perforated durex. Fernandinho, Nasri & Ya Ya put on a clinic of valuing possession like a used toilet roll, whilst Clichy played like he had his legs tied together, and was pissed as well.

That game cried out for James Milner from the off yet he was mystifyingly omitted. On nights like that, when the chips are well and truly down, a limp hearted Nasri is as much use as a marzipan dildo. And as for Navas - if he cant make hay against shite like QPR, then when exactly will he roast a full-back and be more than a lightweight peripheral figure. The manager looks lost, the teams looks rudderless and this "unlucky moment" he keeps harping on about has lasted 6 games now.

The Capital One Cup and Champions League are gone. The Premier League is all but gone so its the FA Cup & runners up spot to shoot for, which with this squad, simply aint good enough. Im simply stunned at how clueless, rudderless, lightweight and careless we were once again.

In a nutshell, garbage and its becoming very hard to make a case for the managers retention if this keeps up much longer. He may already have sealed his exit if he is being judged by the same standards as Mancini.


Other than all of that do you think we did ok?
User avatar
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Location Location
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:11 pm

In amongst the dross Kun scored two wonderful goals, Sagna was better, joe was excellent again, nasri got closer to fitness, navas was more direct and intelligent, and Ya Ya was OK in parts. Silva to come back. And Kolarov and Komps. The worry is the terrible twins, the two F's, who were fucking awful and really offer nothing. We have dug ourselves a hole with our over reliance on Ya Ya. Not surprising that he was dropped back into midfield cos the other two just aint good enough. The other worry was that Demi was back to being shite. Given that Komps form aint great that leaves us very vulnerable. What is it with Cliché. He was man of the match v the rags but has appeared in the last two games to have zero self belief, quite incredible. Doug, are you still hopeful about the F twins? It aint lookin good to me.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:04 am

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:29 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:In amongst the dross Kun scored two wonderful goals, Sagna was better, joe was excellent again, nasri got closer to fitness, navas was more direct and intelligent, and Ya Ya was OK in parts. Silva to come back. And Kolarov and Komps. The worry is the terrible twins, the two F's, who were fucking awful and really offer nothing. We have dug ourselves a hole with our over reliance on Ya Ya. Not surprising that he was dropped back into midfield cos the other two just aint good enough. The other worry was that Demi was back to being shite. Given that Komps form aint great that leaves us very vulnerable. What is it with Cliché. He was man of the match v the rags but has appeared in the last two games to have zero self belief, quite incredible. Doug, are you still hopeful about the F twins? It aint lookin good to me.


Confused by the 2 F's. Fernandinho seems to be somewhere else and keeps making poor decisions which gets him wrong side all the time. Fernando I thought looked top quality on first viewing but as Ted says since his injury seems to have lost his legs and looks more like Carlton Palmer. I still think one of them should be in the middle but with Milner alongside
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10622
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:34 pm

We have to get back to basics for me,sto the crosses from the wings,move as a team,and fight for every lose ball.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22495
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: ***Official Match Thread: QPR v City***

Postby ashton287 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:21 am

Goaters 103 wrote:And as for Navas - if he cant make hay against shite like QPR, then when exactly will he roast a full-back and be more than a lightweight peripheral figure. The manager looks lost, the teams looks rudderless and this "unlucky moment" he keeps harping on about has lasted 6 games now.


Utter shit. Go actually watch the game and actually look at navas. He played well.

Just after the goal we would of had a second if the rest of the team weren't 10 yards behind him. He put balls into the box that no one attacked. Pretty much everything positive after the goal came on the right and navas was involved.
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5068
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beefymcfc, BlueinBosnia, carl_feedthegoat, carolina-blue, CTID Hants, gmercer1, Google [Bot], Harry Dowd scored, HBlock Cripple, john@staustell, Mase, Nick, Nickyboy, nottsblue, PeterParker, sheblue, stevefromdonny, Yukscore and 130 guests