january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: january window

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Yes, there is a suspended fine that we will incur, I believe £16M. Plus restrictions for the following season.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 pm

FFP is falling apart at the seams imo I think Twatini would try every dirty shitty trick in the book to try and stop us from signing him . But once we had there would be Fuck all he could do . We would have the sponsers queuing up for this no problem . Come on Lionel you know you want to .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:34 pm

carolina-blue wrote:FFP is falling apart at the seams imo I think Twatini would try every dirty shitty trick in the book to try and stop us from signing him . But once we had there would be Fuck all he could do . We would have the sponsers queuing up for this no problem . Come on Lionel you know you want to .

Once Dupont get ahold of it, I can imagine him citing EU law until everyone just gives him what he wants again.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Slim wrote:Yes, there is a suspended fine that we will incur, I believe £16M. Plus restrictions for the following season.

I think our current fine works out at £16 million, whereas we're looking at around £32 million more that is currently suspended (those sums might be in euros).

If Messi became available and we missed out because of FFP I could see an almighty court case.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Slim wrote:Yes, there is a suspended fine that we will incur, I believe £16M. Plus restrictions for the following season.

I think our current fine works out at £16 million, whereas we're looking at around £32 million more that is currently suspended (those sums might be in euros).

If Messi became available and we missed out because of FFP I could see an almighty court case.

We said that when it came out that we had failed FFP. What would be the point of starting a court case against a company that is secluded in Switzerland. a court case like this would take years and by the time it was over, Messi would be 40 years old.

i was looking it up and you are correct about the fine, but a worrying line in the settlement agreement states that if we fail to comply with the restrictions we would be referred to the "Adjudicatory Chamber". Who are they and what scare tactics can they conjure up.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

We said that when it came out that we had failed FFP. What would be the point of starting a court case against a company that is secluded in Switzerland. a court case like this would take years and by the time it was over, Messi would be 40 years old.

i was looking it up and you are correct about the fine, but a worrying line in the settlement agreement states that if we fail to comply with the restrictions we would be referred to the "Adjudicatory Chamber". Who are they and what scare tactics can they conjure up.

We'll be well within the prescribed restrictions as things stand. However, the 'Adjudicatory Chamber' is probably code for Carl Heinz Rummenigge.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 am

Do it the Ushited way finish 7th buy who the Fuck you like .The whole world has to see through Twatini and his cronies total shit bags one and all .As much as the Sheik loves football I just dont see anyone standing in his way if Messi was to become available .
carolina-blue

Postby phips » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:49 am

PeterParker wrote:The new Messi speculation started after he did something that the media considered weird. So listen to this:

It seems that Messi, on his Twatter account, just started following City and Chelsea. Before that, he did only with Barcelon and Newell Old Boys, his boyhood club.

This is where the international press is now, this is what makes rumours happen.

omg omg omg we're getting Messi
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 am

We'll be well within the prescribed restrictions as things stand. However, the 'Adjudicatory Chamber' is probably code for Carl Heinz Rummenigge.

That being the case it shouldn't be a problem. He's shown he's always open to a bribe.
(allegedly) source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Qatar.html
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:41 am

I have said this before. In the unlikely event we signed Messi, UEFA would be foolish to find (more) ways of barring us from the CL.
Sponsors would be in uproar if the best players weren't playing in the competition for reasons other than footballing ones.
Sponsors of the Champs League want prime time exposure for their products, and people around the globe don't want to watch Red Bull Salzburg taking on Apoel Nicosia, when the alternative is Madrid v Man City.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:18 am

patrickblue wrote:

That being the case it shouldn't be a problem. He's shown he's always open to a bribe.
(allegedly) source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Qatar.html

It's funny but there's a photo in that article of Rummenigge showing Guadiola around the Allianz Arena with none other than Uli Hoeness, the then Bayern Munich President, who is currently in prison for tax-evasion. What a wonderful club (and apparently a club we should aspire to emulate).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:54 am

I don't think Messi will leave when it comes down to it but if there's the slightest chance of him moving we'll be in there all guns blazing. Anyone who thinks we'll roll over and allow Abramovic or Qatar( PSG) or the rags to get him without a hell of a fight isn't paying attention.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I think if Barca let it be known they were open to offers, EVERYONE would be in for him, some just to see if they are in the ballpark, realistically only a half dozen clubs would be able to afford him if that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Slim wrote:I think if Barca let it be known they were open to offers, EVERYONE would be in for him, some just to see if they are in the ballpark, realistically only a half dozen clubs would be able to afford him if that.

Chelsea, PSG, City, Melbourne City, NYCFC, Yokahama .F. Marinos :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:I think if Barca let it be known they were open to offers, EVERYONE would be in for him, some just to see if they are in the ballpark, realistically only a half dozen clubs would be able to afford him if that.

Chelsea, PSG, City, Melbourne City, NYCFC, Yokahama .F. Marinos :-)

Nice.

It's realistically only City, PSG, Chelsea, and the rags plus the German rags isn't it?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:12 pm

SSN Breaking News: City in advanced talks over bony ~30m
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:SSN Breaking News: City in advanced talks over bony ~30m

I think he's our best bet but 30m seems steep. What's 5-10m in Jan tho? Just the winter tax I guess.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:19 pm

I would get a Boney if advance talks were with Messi .lol
carolina-blue

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Watch him get injured at the African Cup of Nations once he signs.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:20 pm

I would get a Boney if advance talks were with Messi .lol
carolina-blue