january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: january window

Postby john68 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:40 am

Oldest trick in the book.

Leak out you're interested in a huge global megastar and willing to pay the Earth. Make big headlines, diverting publicity from those more deserving and turning the spotlight on your club.
Usually a ridiculously stupid high price that makes the sheep go WHOOOOO!.

No intention of signing the player.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby kinkylola » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
chef wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:watching Brenda's press conference he virtually dropped kicked Balotelli out of the door. Saying things like it hasnt worked and its not suited to him.
I dont want him here at all, I think he has been shocking when he has had a chance and has sulked worse than Anelka!

Dammit, just seen Heskey has been snapped up by Bolton

My son has just seen Mario , full of smiles enjoying xmas Eve in Manchester city centre.

I really hope Mario moves on.

We all knew it would be a stupid fucking signing (yet suddenly the media & ex scouse players change their tune completely & tell everone it's a good one).

But even though I'm glad he's gone, Mario is a City champion & I'll be delighted if he never rolls up at our place playing for those delusional, overblown, turds.

Thought it was hilarious the way that people changed their tune about balo when he joined liverpool. I was a big fan of balo at city, but even I have to admit he has not done well at pool. Rodgers is also the complete wrong type of manager to be handling balo.

No way is united getting Bale. That figure is so disgusting, maybe even more so because they could probably do it and be defended for spending that money. even as it is just showing FFP up as an absolute farce.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Mario in manc on xmas eve? where? must have been early on ! had a nice meal but town was DEAD (as usual on xmas eve) everywhere closed.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:07 pm

also wow at the level of panic around the old bale story. it shocked me too but WHY THE FUCK would bale go to a mid table team after winning the chumps league? he'd be seen as a failed export
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby mr_nool » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Nick wrote:also wow at the level of panic around the old bale story. it shocked me too but WHY THE FUCK would bale go to a mid table team after winning the chumps league? he'd be seen as a failed export

They're in third. Hardly mid-table.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:50 pm

the bale rumour to united came from recent speculation that madrid want to replace him with hazard, no?

which could also be why we saw speculation about chelsea buying messi. mourinho denied that they can afford him in a recent interview due to ffp, and of course barca not wanting to sell.

crazy talk, but this seems more likely to happen over the summer, if at all.

we will be in for at least one maybe two big name players this summer as well anyway (pogba, barkely, reus and a striker...benteke?), maybe bale as well to at least push the price up.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Nick wrote:also wow at the level of panic around the old bale story. it shocked me too but WHY THE FUCK would bale go to a mid table team after winning the chumps league? he'd be seen as a failed export

They're in third. Hardly mid-table.

in third playing like mid-table. Still, table don't lie brah.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:27 pm

john68 wrote:Oldest trick in the book.

Leak out you're interested in a huge global megastar and willing to pay the Earth. Make big headlines, diverting publicity from those more deserving and turning the spotlight on your club.
Usually a ridiculously stupid high price that makes the sheep go WHOOOOO!.

No intention of signing the player.

They did the same in the summer when Moyes took over, going to buy Bale and Fabregas then or bring Ronaldo back when Bale went to RM. In the end they got Felaini.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Bale? A manufactured 'galactico' going to the rags for £100+ million. Hilarious.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Torres to Milan, via a loan to Atletico.

Maybe the Mandzukic rumour might have some truth in it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:09 pm

42 Mill for Mandzukic acording to some pages , can we buy any player under 40 mill ?! He would be good choise but 42 mill striker , no.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I can't see Atletico selling Mandukic and relying completely on Torres. Surely too much of a risk. Not sure how 42 million euros fits in with our FFP restrictions this season either. Nastasic and Sinclair yes but that'll get us what 15 million euros tops? We may have some to spare before we hit the ceiling but still....
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby kinkylola » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:01 pm

blues2win wrote:I can't see Atletico selling Mandukic and relying completely on Torres. Surely too much of a risk. Not sure how 42 million euros fits in with our FFP restrictions this season either. Nastasic and Sinclair yes but that'll get us what 15 million euros tops? We may have some to spare before we hit the ceiling but still....

hope we don't spend 42 on mandzukic.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:28 pm

We won't. Don't worry.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby kinkylola » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:31 pm

twosips wrote:We won't. Don't worry.

whew!
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:48 pm

kinkylola wrote:
twosips wrote:We won't. Don't worry.

whew!

Surely that's right , we won't be going for him. Milan seem to be confirming Torres is staying with them so Athletico wouldnt have a replacement lined up but why the hell would he want to come to City to be on the bench when Kun is fit plus missing out on the CL. Doesn't make any sense at all to me but the press still want to peddle it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:44 am

I'm fully decided now: I don't want us to sign anyone in Jan, unless it's an absolute fucking mind boggling, dick hardning, spunk blaster (sorry to step on your turf Doomie).

Imo we can't be perfect squadwise every year & we are makng a good fist (sorry again) of it this season, in spite of the corruption & bad luck injurywise we have endured.

If we can't quite win it but put in a good honest challenge, then I think that's fine. So long as we do ourselves & our club justice, which I think it's fair to say, we are doing right now, with a weakened squad.

Then we have a fund for next season, to pick exactly the player(s) we want, based on the future, & which academy players we think we can use next season & the one after,rather than to fill gaps mid season. If we need a cheap but experienced fucker here & there we can do it; if we need a young future genius, we can do it. If we want to stockpile cash, & buy Messi in two years, we can do it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm fully decided now: I don't want us to sign anyone in Jan, unless it's an absolute fucking mind boggling, dick hardning, spunk blaster (sorry to step on your turf Doomie).

Imo we can't be perfect squadwise every year & we are makng a good fist (sorry again) of it this season, in spite of the corruption & bad luck injurywise we have endured.

If we can't quite win it but put in a good honest challenge, then I think that's fine. So long as we do ourselves & our club justice, which I think it's fair to say, we are doing right now, with a weakened squad.

Then we have a fund for next season, to pick exactly the player(s) we want, based on the future, & which academy players we think we can use next season & the one after,rather than to fill gaps mid season. If we need a cheap but experienced fucker here & there we can do it; if we need a young future genius, we can do it. If we want to stockpile cash, & buy Messi in two years, we can do it.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all very well, but can I buy your Barcelona ticket?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 am

A January signing doesn't have to be a panic buy. We let Negredo go because he wanted to and he wasn't fit anyway. We weren't prepared to pay silly money for a season loan for Falcao so we're one striker short. The Club may well have been planning a move all along in these circumstances. I'm not sure what we can and cannot do in January with the FFP restriction and availability in January is always a problem. But if the Club get in a decent striker who can pop in some goals, help us win the Premiership and maybe get past Barca or win the FA Cup I won't be complaining.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:27 pm

kinkylola wrote:
blues2win wrote:I can't see Atletico selling Mandukic and relying completely on Torres. Surely too much of a risk. Not sure how 42 million euros fits in with our FFP restrictions this season either. Nastasic and Sinclair yes but that'll get us what 15 million euros tops? We may have some to spare before we hit the ceiling but still....

hope we don't spend 42 on mandzukic.

We don't play with forwards anymore; can Mandzukic play in midfield ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum