january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: january window

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:51 am

Spurge wrote:I see the Star are linking us with a move for Mandzucic - a reported £25m.

I've always been a fan of his, at 28 he will still have a couple of years in him, but I'm not sure this would be the right move for us at this stage

i'd be more than happy if this was true
his goal average over the past few seasons is better than 1 in 2
he's 6'3" and mobile
£25m isn't big money for a proven player
my only concern is that he's from the balkans and most of their players have spastic tendencies when the pull on a blue shirt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:18 am

nottsblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Bale to scum looks to be a done deal. Jan ?, a great signing like that will cause panic and others will spend big if it happens

Not a prayer that will happen in January

As it is RM + Scum I think it is a done deal. Butthead is building for now and the coming seasons, He will see Bale as a Wow magnet and not chance anything scuppering it in the summer, Tranny is not coming back plus RM love to do a deal and shock the world. Rags will pay whatever to stop Jose or us bidding it up.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:20 am

Cit.revenge wrote:170 mill for Bale , football is a joke.

It is - designed to keep the mass hordes of needy rags happy for a week.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:52 am

So much for them developing the "world class" talent that they currently have in Januzaj. Just reinforces what a bunch of hypocritical twats they are.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:09 am

Not a one in a million chance that Bale will go to the scum in January,not even he is that stupid! More possible in the summer but it still just doesn't sound right.After all the scum are not the sort of club to try and buy the title are they?

Mandjukic doesn't feel right for us either.Certainly in January why would he leave a chumps league team for one he can't play for in that comp? And if he comes he knows he isn't first choice and maybe not even 2nd plus it would seriously demotivate 2 of our other strikers and give Pellers a hell of a management job. Not happening.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:21 am

Atletico won't sell. Ain't going to happen imo. Before January we'll be linked with every striker in sight. We may even find that one of the stories is true!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:34 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a one in a million chance that Bale will go to the scum in January,not even he is that stupid! More possible in the summer but it still just doesn't sound right.After all the scum are not the sort of club to try and buy the title are they?

Mandjukic doesn't feel right for us either.Certainly in January why would he leave a chumps league team for one he can't play for in that comp? And if he comes he knows he isn't first choice and maybe not even 2nd plus it would seriously demotivate 2 of our other strikers and give Pellers a hell of a management job. Not happening.

On paper yep your right Doug, however this is an easy deal, Bale wont turn down the move, RM will make a killing and still score for fun, Scum want T4 and more if possible, this is an easier move for Bale than the other way plus Rags offer no issues for Madrid for 12 months, typical RM moving on of a star player without upsetting fans, Bring in a load of dough and have a card up the sleeve to get another one in possibly. James has become the number 2 player to Tranny. Bale becomes Prems star player and RVP and Rooney get legs upfront . I see it happening.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:47 am

watching Brenda's press conference he virtually dropped kicked Balotelli out of the door. Saying things like it hasnt worked and its not suited to him.
I dont want him here at all, I think he has been shocking when he has had a chance and has sulked worse than Anelka!

Dammit, just seen Heskey has been snapped up by Bolton
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:54 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not a one in a million chance that Bale will go to the scum in January,not even he is that stupid! More possible in the summer but it still just doesn't sound right.After all the scum are not the sort of club to try and buy the title are they?

On paper yep your right Doug, however this is an easy deal, Bale wont turn down the move, RM will make a killing and still score for fun, Scum want T4 and more if possible, this is an easier move for Bale than the other way plus Rags offer no issues for Madrid for 12 months, typical RM moving on of a star player without upsetting fans, Bring in a load of dough and have a card up the sleeve to get another one in possibly. James has become the number 2 player to Tranny. Bale becomes Prems star player and RVP and Rooney get legs upfront . I see it happening.

You always find a new thing to worry about.

There is nobody around to replace Bale. If we sold them Aguero or Barca sold them Messi it would be different, but there is no chance in Hell of either happening. Real would just be weakening their squad, to do Utd a favour. Utd have already given them twice DiMaria's actual value, to cover any money problems they may have had & Abu Dhabi are paying for their ground.

And Utd would have to blow their whole budget on one player, when they are already well stocked with attackers & need about six elsewhere in order to build a team.

It makes no sense from any angle whatsoever, apart from to get rag fans to click on it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:11 pm

blues2win wrote:Atletico won't sell. Ain't going to happen imo

Exactly. they're gonna replace him with Torres? yeah right.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:56 pm

I wouldn't be happy if we just let the rags stroll up and take Bale. Quality player who would improve them vastly he would also improve us. Wouldn't pay 100 million for him like but would like to see him in a blue shirt.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I wouldn't be happy if we just let the rags stroll up and take Bale. Quality player who would improve them vastly he would also improve us. Wouldn't pay 100 million for him like but would like to see him in a blue shirt.

who is paying for the bernabeau refurb??
he will not be joining the rags
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dameerto » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Considering their attacking line-up is probably their strength why would they reinforce it and not fill in their holes defence/midfield? Let's just make the imbalance even greater why don't we? Logic suggests it's a load of bollox but if by some miracle it turns out to be true I would laugh my socks off.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:48 pm

I can't see us paying the reported fee of £120m, but they are pretty desperate to reclaim their 'glory' & Madrid could turn some nice profit & replace Bale with a potentially more rounded player & a better fit in Reus for a measly £20m.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby chef » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:watching Brenda's press conference he virtually dropped kicked Balotelli out of the door. Saying things like it hasnt worked and its not suited to him.
I dont want him here at all, I think he has been shocking when he has had a chance and has sulked worse than Anelka!

My son has just seen Mario , full of smiles enjoying xmas Eve in Manchester city centre.
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Dameerto wrote:Considering their attacking line-up is probably their strength why would they reinforce it and not fill in their holes defence/midfield? Let's just make the imbalance even greater why don't we? Logic suggests it's a load of bollox but if by some miracle it turns out to be true I would laugh my socks off.

It's their cunning Keeganesque plan: Bale for 120m and just outscore the opposition is cheaper than say 150m to fix the defence. It makes sense to Ed.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:42 pm

chef wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:watching Brenda's press conference he virtually dropped kicked Balotelli out of the door. Saying things like it hasnt worked and its not suited to him.

My son has just seen Mario , full of smiles enjoying xmas Eve in Manchester city centre.

I really hope Mario moves on.

We all knew it would be a stupid fucking signing (yet suddenly the media & ex scouse players change their tune completely & tell everone it's a good one).

But even though I'm glad he's gone, Mario is a City champion & I'll be delighted if he never rolls up at our place playing for those delusional, overblown, turds.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:I can't see us paying the reported fee of £120m, but they are pretty desperate to reclaim their 'glory' & Madrid could turn some nice profit & replace Bale with a potentially more rounded player & a better fit in Reus for a measly £20m.

can someone tell me what Gareth Bale has done to warrant a ridiculous £120m fee? what has he doe in 12 months to warrant his fee going up by £40m. They can keep monkey boy for all I care
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:I can't see us paying the reported fee of £120m, but they are pretty desperate to reclaim their 'glory' & Madrid could turn some nice profit & replace Bale with a potentially more rounded player & a better fit in Reus for a measly £20m.

can someone tell me what Gareth Bale has done to warrant a ridiculous £120m fee? what has he doe in 12 months to warrant his fee going up by £40m. They can keep monkey boy for all I care

signed a bigger / longer contract
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

You always find a new thing to worry about.

There is nobody around to replace Bale. If we sold them Aguero or Barca sold them Messi it would be different, but there is no chance in Hell of either happening. Real would just be weakening their squad, to do Utd a favour. Utd have already given them twice DiMaria's actual value, to cover any money problems they may have had & Abu Dhabi are paying for their ground.

And Utd would have to blow their whole budget on one player, when they are already well stocked with attackers & need about six elsewhere in order to build a team.

It makes no sense from any angle whatsoever, apart from to get rag fans to click on it.

Not worried Ted, I just see the scum for what they are, 6 months after Moyes they have an eye on quickest route back to being competitive, he also with Di Maria opens doors for huge marketing to as you touch om the clickers, Bale is a must have for all our top 4. Pace and goals, plus he has his best years to come.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum