january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: january window

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:22 pm

£30m for Bony is expensive but he has just turned 26, he is a proven goalscorer, proven in the Premier League with a midtable side and has the ability to play up front on his own if required.

Downside is he won't play in Champions League for us this season due to restrictions on our squad - neither here nor there as we will only play two more games there!

He is away with African Cup of Nations for whole of January.

Overall, get the deal done.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:£30m for Bony is expensive but he has just turned 26, he is a proven goalscorer, proven in the Premier League with a midtable side and has the ability to play up front on his own if required.

Downside is he won't play in Champions League for us this season due to restrictions on our squad - neither here nor there as we will only play two more games there!

Hey, less of that!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mark Garrett wrote:£30m for Bony is expensive but he has just turned 26, he is a proven goalscorer, proven in the Premier League with a midtable side and has the ability to play up front on his own if required.

Hey, less of that!

Haha, just being realistic!!
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Fairly optimistic stuff! I'm going to swallow my cyanide capsule now and finish this off once and for all.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Whassat » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 pm

I'd like Bony; But is he really an upgrade of Negredo? I think not. I cant understand the motive of letting the beast go to Valencia on loan. Yeah he was injured for the better part of the autumn. But surely we have missed his contribution...
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:47 pm

If we sign anyone, they need to be home grown trained. We got rid of Negredo because we couldn't fit him in the CL squad, and now we're going to buy an African because reasons?

I'd be more inclined to go after Ings or Kane(yeah, uh huh, also not going to happen) although English, having a good season, there's 30M right there and we haven't even started on contract length and age.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:50 pm

I can't quite shift the feeling that this smacks of Benjani 2015 edition.. Might just be the hair though!
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Slim wrote:If we sign anyone, they need to be home grown trained. We got rid of Negredo because we couldn't fit him in the CL squad, and now we're going to buy an African because reasons?

I'd be more inclined to go after Ings or Kane(yeah, uh huh, also not going to happen) although English, having a good season, there's 30M right there and we haven't even started on contract length and age.

Not being able to fit Negredo in was just part of the reason. He wanted out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:I can't quite shift the feeling that this smacks of Benjani 2015 edition.. Might just be the hair though!

If he scores at the swamp and we win he will be welcome.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:I can't quite shift the feeling that this smacks of Benjani 2015 edition.. Might just be the hair though!

Is it the hair?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby steelsnail » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Br team stream reporting Aston Villa in talks with Sinclair . Reporting 2.5million fee.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Well if it means scoring a winner with his shoulder at the swamp I'm happy.

Edit: D'oh! HS beat me to it
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 pm

steelsnail wrote:Br team stream reporting Aston Villa in talks with Sinclair . Reporting 2.5million fee.

Which club pays the fee us or villa?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:56 am

Lots of Chelsea/messi talk.

I swear to fucking god, with all the top players who've moved over the past few years and our name never being in the hat for them, if messi does leave and we have no say in it then I'll be fucking raging.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:06 am

Messi to Chelsea, I'm not sure that he fits their style. he wouldn't be the first "big name" striker to come unstuck there.

Mind you at £200 million, whoever signs him is going to blow FFP out of the water.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:20 am

Shamelessly lifted from Tolmie and Didsbury Dave on BM, as i think it's quite interesting and relevant:

tolmie's hairdoo wrote:
It would appear we have been allowed to book the entire amount of the Negredo sale in this current monitoring period - about £27m inc £3m loan fee.

We had a £13m underspend from the summer.

In essence, we have around £40m to spend in this window BEFORE any sales of Guidetti, Sinclair and Nastasic.

Bony is more than covered, as is the potential for another circa £20m plus player if we so wished.

More and more, I believe UEFA and City concocted this whole show.

Correct mate. Mullock's got the steer. And we appear to be structuring deals around milestones, ensuring that large payments fall outside the accounting period.

I think City struck a deal they were happy with, having UEFA largely over a barrel with regards to ramifications, and UEFA went along with it on the understanding that the wider perception was that the punishment was much more severe than it was. I sensed it at the time with our bullish statement
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues2win » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:14 pm

A couple of Spanish papers running that Reus is headed for the Bernabeu in the Summer which would not be a surprise. Would have been a great signing but it's very hard to compete with Los Blancos.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:56 am

blues2win wrote:A couple of Spanish papers running that Reus is headed for the Bernabeu in the Summer which would not be a surprise. Would have been a great signing but it's very hard to compete with Los Blancos.

very stupid move for him and for Real…unless they sell Bale or Benzema.

How on earth can you accommodate Reus, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Rodriguez, Kroos, Modric, and Isco. I know Real is a club that wants to challenge in every competition but surely Reus would be smart enough to know that there will be a lot of rotation and less playing time.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Two's Kompany » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 am

phips wrote:
blues2win wrote:A couple of Spanish papers running that Reus is headed for the Bernabeu in the Summer which would not be a surprise. Would have been a great signing but it's very hard to compete with Los Blancos.

How on earth can you accommodate Reus, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Rodriguez, Kroos, Modric, and Isco. I know Real is a club that wants to challenge in every competition but surely Reus would be smart enough to know that there will be a lot of rotation and less playing time.

Think Bale is yesterday's toy and will be the forgotten man, so sold.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 am

phips wrote:

Kroos? Isn't he a midfielder?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum