january window

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: january window

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:33 pm

It's about being brave enough to sell good players - I doubt we would have had the balls to sell mata and schurle in the quest of improving our team
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Wooders wrote:It's about being brave enough to sell good players - I doubt we would have had the balls to sell mata and schurle in the quest of improving our team

Could be part of it, surely.

But i dont think playing for us is as alluring aka not sure we have the juice, so we could end up deterring future transfer targets if they think we will sell them so easily.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Chelsea are trying to fast track Cuadrado to have him available for this weekend. Maybe they really are worried about Costa
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:37 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Chelsea are trying to fast track Cuadrado to have him available for this weekend. Maybe they really are worried about Costa

or trying to match us with Bony, if Jose does not win the league and we can retain it, I think he is done for.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Chelsea are trying to fast track Cuadrado to have him available for this weekend. Maybe they really are worried about Costa

or trying to match us with Bony, if Jose does not win the league and we can retain it, I think he is done for.

I believe so mate.

If we do this, we will send him packing. Two years and possibly one league cup to show for it?

Abramovich will fire him imo
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:33 am

Original Dub wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I believe so mate.

If we do this, we will send him packing. Two years and possibly one league cup to show for it?

Another reason why we MUST take this battle to the last run of games, whatever happens tomorrow. The right pressure & I'm convinced Mourinho's wheels will come off. We saw it in Spain; poking people in the eye etc. If he'd done that here, he would have been in deep shit & the media would turn on him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I believe so mate.

Another reason why we MUST take this battle to the last run of games, whatever happens tomorrow. The right pressure & I'm convinced Mourinho's wheels will come off. We saw it in Spain; poking people in the eye etc. If he'd done that here, he would have been in deep shit & the media would turn on him.

Should have been knocked out for running through our dug out last season. He is unstable and a win for us plus no Costa would see his true colours, if we win he will be doing a presser and watch that space!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

are you serious?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby trueblue64 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Manchester City midfielder Bruno Zuculini will head back to the Etihad Stadium early after Valencia decided to end his season-long loan.

Zuculini joined City from Argentine side Racing Club last summer and moved to Valencia on a season-long loan deal shortly afterwards, but the Spanish club and City have now decided to terminate the agreement.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:32 pm

phips wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

are you serious?

Same old shit from Jose, Roman will get bored. Our manager has class Chelsea have an ass !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
phips wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

are you serious?

Same old shit from Jose, Roman will get bored. Our manager has class Chelsea have an ass !

except that they have a better manager. Roman will keep.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:54 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Manchester City midfielder Bruno Zuculini will head back to the Etihad Stadium early after Valencia decided to end his season-long loan.

Zuculini joined City from Argentine side Racing Club last summer and moved to Valencia on a season-long loan deal shortly afterwards, but the Spanish club and City have now decided to terminate the agreement.

i hope we send him back out on loan. maybe in England this time.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:08 pm

phips wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
phips wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

are you serious?

except that they have a better manager. Roman will keep.

Manager of what hate, he is an utter twat, who will be fired by a Russian who has seen this load of crap before. Chelsea going backwards screaming and kicking under the horrible 1.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dwaring » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:35 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Manchester City midfielder Bruno Zuculini will head back to the Etihad Stadium early after Valencia decided to end his season-long loan.

Wonder who had more of a hand in forcing the termination? I haven't kept up with him. Has he been getting match time for them? He looked very promising this summer.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Dwaring wrote:

Wonder who had more of a hand in forcing the termination? I haven't kept up with him. Has he been getting match time for them? He looked very promising this summer.

He's been getting fuck all, complete waste of time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby C & C » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Dwaring wrote:

My understanding is he has not had any time. I think it was a mutual departure.
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 am

Why we do not sell Edin now and take hes salary from our back. Its clear tht Peller don't believe in him even do he is save hes neck last season, 9 min in last two games and we buy Bony, so we can sell one. I m sure that Edin would bounce back like every season if hes givin time to play and last night so much great cross and hes on bench until 82 min. Sell him or play him. So much better then Cheski last night and we settle for draw.Keep Jovetic he can change Silva and other players and play striker ,better then have Edin like third striker and his slump i don't give crap atitude . I did not see long that ,but i expect it s comming back. Take Spurs for 25 mill or wathewer and buy somwone who can be at list like Matic when Yaya is not there.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Why we do not sell Edin now and take hes salary from our back. Its clear tht Peller don't believe in him even do he is save hes neck last season, 9 min in last two games and we buy Bony, so we can sell one. I m sure that Edin would bounce back like every season if hes givin time to play and last night so much great cross and hes on bench until 82 min. Sell him or play him. So much better then Cheski last night and we settle for draw.Keep Jovetic he can change Silva and other players and play striker ,better then have Edin like third striker and his slump i don't give crap atitude . I did not see long that ,but i expect it s comming back. Take Spurs for 25 mill or wathewer and buy somwone who can be at list like Matic when Yaya is not there.

We say this each season, but there is always a run of games where Dzeko proves his class in front of goal, eg last season in the run in.

I find it hard to think of him as 3rd choice, and unless we now consistently setup with 2 forwards in every game, it seems his game time will be minimal other than for injuries.

I think if Bony settles well, dzeko and Jovetic will raise a fair chunk of the transfer funds needed to get Reus and/or Pogba, and we may see Ian Nacho as our 3rd choice next year although that would be a risk unless he hits the ground running

I would like to see us play silva as the 2nd forward, negating the need for a 4th striker as nasri can play there too
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:55 am

No player playing to his max for us, in a mad world Pogba now, never gonna happen I know would be massive, Bony we simply have to get up and running with 10-15 goals to get the title. Pogba we have to get, as games like last night need brilliance to get the points.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:43 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:Why we do not sell Edin now and take hes salary from our back. Its clear tht Peller don't believe in him even do he is save hes neck last season, 9 min in last two games and we buy Bony, so we can sell one. I m sure that Edin would bounce back like every season if hes givin time to play and last night so much great cross and hes on bench until 82 min. Sell him or play him. So much better then Cheski last night and we settle for draw.Keep Jovetic he can change Silva and other players and play striker ,better then have Edin like third striker and his slump i don't give crap atitude . I did not see long that ,but i expect it s comming back. Take Spurs for 25 mill or wathewer and buy somwone who can be at list like Matic when Yaya is not there.

We say this each season, but there is always a run of games where Dzeko proves his class in front of goal, eg last season in the run in.

I find it hard to think of him as 3rd choice, and unless we now consistently setup with 2 forwards in every game, it seems his game time will be minimal other than for injuries.

I think if Bony settles well, dzeko and Jovetic will raise a fair chunk of the transfer funds needed to get Reus and/or Pogba, and we may see Ian Nacho as our 3rd choice next year although that would be a risk unless he hits the ground running

I would like to see us play silva as the 2nd forward, negating the need for a 4th striker as nasri can play there too

I think Dzeko hasn't played because he's not been considered fit enough. No other reason. If we played him v Chelsea, he would have had to do a lot of running, & we know we can't always trust that. Asking him to do it after coming back from injury, whilst we're carrying a lack of running power from Aguero, could have been suicide.

I expect him to play his part between now & May.

Next season either him, or Jovetic, or both, will probably go & we probably already talked to clubs about the replacements. But only if Bony looks like fitting in.

If Bony is like a fish out of water, we have to rethink.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum