***Official Match Thread: City v Swansea***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread: City v Swansea***

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Watching the game on some crap stream my thoughts were:
early on why the hell are we just letting them play
why are we playing too slowly when we have the ball
Kun trying to do too much on hos own
Swansea woke us up a bit and got us going with fouls on Kun
we played pretty well after that and got ahead but at 75 minutes
can we avoid stupid mistakes ( we made 2 bad ones but they didn't cost)

Sort of ok overall without being good but it was good to see MP bring Lamps and Jimmy on to help hold what we had. Excellent 3 points
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Navas and Clichy are not the answer for the wings.....need moving on end of the season.
Kompany is still average this season and continues making those stupid fucking challenges....absolute no need.

It was stop start all game.....no coordination in midfield at all and there's no way on planet earth we will beat BM going on this display.

Lampard made an immediate impact when he came on but JM was woeful imo, glaring miss on goal and just made the wrong decisions........ granted,he wasn't on the pitch long but for all the fuckign whiners that want him starting matches from the beginning, well, keep smoking that weed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Murray » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Nasri today was fantastic , held the ball up well , created a few chances motm for me .
Murray
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Hardly anything wrong with City on the ball, just a bit more composure with the final pass & finishing needed but as for creating openings we were pretty much unstoppable at that But the back 4 in particular is an absolute fucking shambles.

Clichy was more like the decent version today but Zabba has been replaced by David Brightwell. Fucking abysma at both ends of the pitch. Ironically, he was better at the end than in the rest of the game.

The def midfield is non existent, but even so, all it needs is one half decent pass & the back 4 goes to pieces. Even if all 4 are back, there are still single players getting free with 4 blokes doing fuck all. They basically have 2 chances; nick the ball before the striker is set or catch the bloke offside. If that doesn't work, they are fucked. Time they got their fingers out of their fucking arses and started defending properly.

I agree that Fernandinho did some good stuff, but he is another who has gone to shit without the ball. He keeps positioning himself behind the attackers on purpose & trying to nick the ball for some reason, rather than getting goal side. I watched him do it on purpose several times.

He seems very nervous defensively, still not 100% fit & down on pace. Did some good stuff though, as they all did. It would have been a good performance had the defending been up to scratch.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Hardly anything wrong with City on the ball, just a bit more composure with the final pass & finishing needed but as for creating openings we were pretty much unstoppable at that But the back 4 in particular is an absolute fucking shambles.

Clichy was more like the decent version today but Zabba has been replaced by David Brightwell. Fucking abysma at both ends of the pitch. Ironically, he was better at the end than in the rest of the game.

The def midfield is non existent, but even so, all it needs is one half decent pass & the back 4 goes to pieces. Even if all 4 are back, there are still single players getting free with 4 blokes doing fuck all. They basically have 2 chances; nick the ball before the striker is set or catch the bloke offside. If that doesn't work, they are fucked. Time they got their fingers out of their fucking arses and started defending properly.

I agree that Fernandinho did some good stuff, but he is another who has gone to shit without the ball.[b] He keeps positioning himself behind the attackers on purpose & trying to nick the ball for some reason, rather than getting goal side[/b]. I watched him do it on purpose several times.

He seems very nervous defensively, still not 100% fit & down on pace. Did some good stuff though, as they all did. It would have been a good performance had the defending been up to scratch.

This is something all the midfield have been doing all season and it is really costing us, ball watching and not picking up players dropping in behind
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Hardly anything wrong with City on the ball, just a bit more composure with the final pass & finishing needed but as for creating openings we were pretty much unstoppable at that But the back 4 in particular is an absolute fucking shambles.

I agree that Fernandinho did some good stuff, but he is another who has gone to shit without the ball.[b] He keeps positioning himself behind the attackers on purpose & trying to nick the ball for some reason, rather than getting goal side[/b]. I watched him do it on purpose several times.

This is something all the midfield have been doing all season and it is really costing us, ball watching and not picking up players dropping in behind

He was actually doing it with players he had picked up though. Instead of getting in front & making them pass he was moving around the side of them, so they would run forward, flicking a foot out & failing to get the ball. Don't understand why.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Tempo.

It took a Swansea goal but we woke up and played at our pace and tempo, which made such a difference. Nasri rejuvenated and looked like he did last season, demanding the ball and making good use of it.

A terrific winning goal from Ya Ya, and we should have really put the game to bed for 3-1, but we'll take the points and the good feeling for now as its been a while.

Time for Fernando, Milner and Lampard to play in midfeld on Tuesday when we need a miracle.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I thought Clichy was excellent.

There is no "Buzz" about the team compared to last season.

Chelski will win it by 15 points.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:00 pm

I almost had a heart attack when Shelvey's free kick got deflected and was flying towards the far post.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Only just got back from the game , much better performance allround today . Atmosphere miles better aswell even though we conceded early doors . Nasri back to his best , Jovetic decent ,Yaya much better but only if we could have got the ball to Aguero a little more , he was making some fantastic runs but became frustrated .lastly again though general opinion in the ground where we were was the officials were a joke yet again !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Missed the game today as I'd promised the Mrs a trip to Valkenburg so reading the thread it looked like we scraped a lucky win with many of the players being absolutely gash. However, I've just looked at the stats from the match and can't believe that the team didn't have everyone on the edge of their seats?

60% possession

663 passes, 88% accuracy (can I just mention that Swansea had 451 which shows how good they were)

Swansea had 33 clearances

We had 23 shots

With 10 on target

Apart from the first 15, it looks like we're back to our old selves.

Or am I wrong?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Missed the game today as I'd promised the Mrs a trip to Valkenburg so reading the thread it looked like we scraped a lucky win with many of the players being absolutely gash. However, I've just looked at the stats from the match and can't believe that the team didn't have everyone on the edge of their seats?

60% possession

663 passes, 88% accuracy (can I just mention that Swansea had 451 which shows how good they were)

We had 23 shots

With 10 on target

Or am I wrong?

Yes much more like our old selves today for me Beefy . Swansea are a very decent outfit aswell , some people seem to forget this .
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Missed the game today as I'd promised the Mrs a trip to Valkenburg so reading the thread it looked like we scraped a lucky win with many of the players being absolutely gash. However, I've just looked at the stats from the match and can't believe that the team didn't have everyone on the edge of their seats?

60% possession

We had 23 shots

With 10 on target

Or am I wrong?

Much improved, still shaky defensively though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:22 pm

City64 wrote:Only just got back from the game , much better performance allround today . Atmosphere miles better aswell even though we conceded early doors . Nasri back to his best , Jovetic decent ,Yaya much better but only if we could have got the ball to Aguero a little more , he was making some fantastic runs but became frustrated .lastly again though general opinion in the ground where we were was the officials were a joke yet again !

See this is where I think the site would benefit.....

Sadly I only get to games a couple of times a season, probably like many. Most games is a case of watching in Hampshire via "Ukraine" if you get my drift LOL.

There is nothing like being there as NO camera can emulate being at the game itself.

To me we looked lackluster all game, which may or may not have been the case.

May be in future threads, we can have ATG "at the game" or " OTB "on the box" when you initially post, which would possibly give other posters a better perspective of how someone perceived what they saw/watched?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:25 pm

City64 wrote:Yes much more like our old selves today for me Beefy . Swansea are a very decent outfit aswell , some people seem to forget this .

You're right, sometimes we forget to take into account the other teams abilities. Swansea have started this season well and could've been on the same points as us if they'd won it.
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Much improved, still shaky defensively though.

I expect this now with the game we play. What makes it even worse is the constant rotation of partnerships, it leads to a lack of trust.

For me, what was looking early on to be a downer was turned into a great result against a team that were well on the up and playing with ultimate confidence. I'm not saying this is a turning point but I do feel we will now get into our stride. This is the time it happened last season and I can see the signs that the players are starting to fight.

PS. Anybody heard about Pellers going?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

60% possession

We had 23 shots

With 10 on target

Or am I wrong?

Ferny back heel is worth a watch, if messi does that it would be shown for months.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Seriously, I can't wait for MotD!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 pm

As I've missed the game and like to keep an eye on the ref, how did Swarbrick get on today?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Yes much more like our old selves today for me Beefy . Swansea are a very decent outfit aswell , some people seem to forget this .

You're right, sometimes we forget to take into account the other teams abilities. Swansea have started this season well and could've been on the same points as us if they'd won it.
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Much improved, still shaky defensively though.

I expect this now with the game we play. What makes it even worse is the constant rotation of partnerships, it leads to a lack of trust.

For me, what was looking early on to be a downer was turned into a great result against a team that were well on the up and playing with ultimate confidence. I'm not saying this is a turning point but I do feel we will now get into our stride. This is the time it happened last season and I can see the signs that the players are starting to fight.

PS. Anybody heard about Pellers going?

It did, like Doug pointed out earlier, take for Aguero getting twatted to get us fired up, the lethargy that's been evident recently was there again early doors but once we got going we really should've made it more comfortable than we were in the end.

If we could come up with some way of invoking that passion from the off we'll be right.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 pm

failsworthblue wrote:I thought Clichy was excellent.

There is no "Buzz" about the team compared to last season.

Chelski will win it by 15 points.

Clichy excellent ? your having a laugh ?????

I thought he was shit , like he has been most of the season.
He was never better than Kolorov at going forward and his saving grace used to be his defending ,,,,,,,well that's gone down the tubes as well.

Seriously , he's fuckign pap compared to last season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum