***Official Match Thread: City v Swansea***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread: City v Swansea***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:44 am

Got back from working & watched a recording of the highlights from Sky.

Pretty much reaffirmed what I saw in the ground. Not much wrong with the general play at all. One move most have been about 30 passes ending with a shot on target by Yaya. Would have gone in last season & we would all be creaming ourselves about it.

The defence though. Can't even describe it. Clichy was the best of a terrible bunch.

Zabba was the football equivalent of a bloke who was pissed out of his head, fell asleep & had just been woken up by a fire alarm.

As a group, it was like watching that scene from Jurassic Park, when the smaller dinosaurs are all running away from the T Rex. Or the Battle of Britain film when the Germans bomb the airfield & they're all scrambling to get planes off the ground.

Bordering on hilarious. But better than Arsenal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 am

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:Only just got back from the game , much better performance allround today . Atmosphere miles better aswell even though we conceded early doors . Nasri back to his best , Jovetic decent ,Yaya much better but only if we could have got the ball to Aguero a little more , he was making some fantastic runs but became frustrated .lastly again though general opinion in the ground where we were was the officials were a joke yet again !

See this is where I think the site would benefit.....

Sadly I only get to games a couple of times a season, probably like many. Most games is a case of watching in Hampshire via "Ukraine" if you get my drift LOL.

There is nothing like being there as NO camera can emulate being at the game itself.

To me we looked lackluster all game, which may or may not have been the case.

May be in future threads, we can have ATG "at the game" or " OTB "on the box" when you initially post, which would possibly give other posters a better perspective of how someone perceived what they saw/watched?

Don't mind posting a quick summary when I get back home from the game , whether it makes any sense is a different matter , only had a dozen Stella's yesterday so it should just be about readable lol ;-)
Last edited by City64 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 am

We won, we saw another level from Nasri , we can play better, Zabba, is a funny one, never seen him in bad form, I would like to give Swansea some credit, they are a very good team with a great way of playing, Bony playing in our team with the service would be interesting. Could have been 2-2 could have been 4-1.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Missed the game today as I'd promised the Mrs a trip to Valkenburg so reading the thread it looked like we scraped a lucky win with many of the players being absolutely gash. However, I've just looked at the stats from the match and can't believe that the team didn't have everyone on the edge of their seats?

60% possession

663 passes, 88% accuracy (can I just mention that Swansea had 451 which shows how good they were)

Swansea had 33 clearances

We had 23 shots

With 10 on target

Apart from the first 15, it looks like we're back to our old selves.

Or am I wrong?

We played well, Beefy, and looked a lot more cohesive as a team. However, and as Ted points out, our defending is still shaky (to say the least).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 am

Beefymcfc wrote:As I've missed the game and like to keep an eye on the ref, how did Swarbrick get on today?

Just poor enough to get on my tits.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:As I've missed the game and like to keep an eye on the ref, how did Swarbrick get on today?

Cheers mate. The problem I'm having with all these poor performances from the ref's is that they always seem to be against us. I understand that they can't get them all right but it seems a constant with us.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cheers mate. The problem I'm having with all these poor performances from the ref's is that they always seem to be against us. I understand that they can't get them all right but it seems a constant with us.

The people who sit next to me at the matches always make a joke about the ref when I first see them. I'm always banging on about the appalling partiality of them like a proper paranoid twat. However, I now no longer trust a single referee in this country and I think yesterday's effort was another (mild) case of bias. I notice that it's being reported today that City are the least fouled against team in the Premier League. Coincidence?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

The people who sit next to me at the matches always make a joke about the ref when I first see them. I'm always banging on about the appalling partiality of them like a proper paranoid twat. However, I now no longer trust a single referee in this country and I think yesterday's effort was another (mild) case of bias. I notice that it's being reported today that City are the least fouled against team in the Premier League. Coincidence?

The only surprise to me is that it is being reported.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Anyone seen a repeat of the incident in the first half when Aguero appeared to be elbowed in the face? Can't find any confirmation that it was actually an elbow.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Anyone seen a repeat of the incident in the first half when Aguero appeared to be elbowed in the face? Can't find any confirmation that it was actually an elbow.

You're joking aren't ya, who'd bother reporting something against one of our players.

From the sound of it, Sergio got some right needle yesterday but nothing was done about it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:09 pm

I really enjoyed the game yesterday and thought the atmos was much better. They are a good, skilful and combative side who we dominated for large spells. Daft Martin was MOM for me and the yellow card was an abysmal decision. We look very open at times but there are only two prem teams with a better defensive record than us.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Anyone seen a repeat of the incident in the first half when Aguero appeared to be elbowed in the face? Can't find any confirmation that it was actually an elbow.

You're joking aren't ya, who'd bother reporting something against one of our players.

From the sound of it, Sergio got some right needle yesterday but nothing was done about it.

This is a very accurate point.

Imagine if Kompany had lamped Bony off the ball in an incident the exact same? Itd be back page news, screaming for FA action and a ban in every red top, and featured again and again on MOTD, SSN and the like, demanding an FA charge. However Bartley, already on a yellow, slapping Aguero across the face barely merits a ripple.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

This is a very accurate point.

Imagine if Kompany had lamped Bony off the ball in an incident the exact same? Itd be back page news, screaming for FA action and a ban in every red top, and featured again and again on MOTD, SSN and the like, demanding an FA charge. However Bartley, already on a yellow, slapping Aguero across the face barely merits a ripple.

Spot on. I have just watched it again a few times and it was a slap across the face. But it is par for the course for nothing to get done either during the match or after the match.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Three well earned points against a half decent outfit. Could have been more but hey ho. Not a bad performance at all and a few positives to draw as well. Defence was still not bob on and against Munich those errors are more likely to be punished but we won. I wasn't grumpy on Sunday morning!

Southampton away next week is more important than Munich for me, but there you go, many will see it differently. Love it if win beat Munich but I'd love it more to win at Southampton
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:19 am

The most important thing for me was Fernandinho waking up from his 6 month sleep, probably after I yelled at him, "we don't pay £30 mill for fucking ball boys" Excrement for 35 minutes, watch him move towards the ball for their goal and then change his mind and go and stand on Vinny's toes, again. Then he started to play a few ten yard passes and in the second half do what he should have been bought for, moving forward quickly and playing others in. Great back heel.The worst holding midfielder I have ever seen but a decent CM and about time Pellegrini noticed the bloody obvious.All in all quite enjoyable with a few positive signs. Joe strangely tentative on crosses.Fishing on the Goyt, two trout, one barbel
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am

Just watched the game.

Seems Hart the Star Fish is back in action. Luv it. I'd say Gomis's miss is down to Hart being his old self again.

Navas has 4 assists so far, more than anyone else in the team and had Milner been more of a clinical finisher he would have had 5 after saturday's game.

Fabianski had a great game.

Sometimes I feel Toure is the only person in the world at the mo who can score the type of goals he scores.

Jovetic needs to work more on his back when he's at the gym. It looks like he's focusing too much on his pecs. Sort it out.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Just watched the game.

Seems Hart the Star Fish is back in action. Luv it. I'd say Gomis's miss is down to Hart being his old self again.

Navas has 4 assists so far, more than anyone else in the team and had Milner been more of a clinical finisher he would have had 5 after saturday's game.

Sometimes I feel Toure is the only person in the world at the mo who can score the type of goals he scores.

Jovetic needs to work more on his back when he's at the gym. It looks like he's focusing too much on his pecs. Sort it out.

I was critical earlier in the season that it had been a long time since I'd seen Hart make the kind of match changing saves you expect from a top keeper. Now, as you say, he is doing it. I don't mind the occasional mistake, so long as the saves or blocks are there rather than every shot ending in a goal.

Navas has been a great signing for City imo. Yes he does overdo it in great positions at times, but most other players wouldn't even get there in the first place. For the money paid, he is an absolute bargain who has helped win quite a lot of games he has been involved in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:27 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Just watched the game.

I was critical earlier in the season that it had been a long time since I'd seen Hart make the kind of match changing saves you expect from a top keeper. Now, as you say, he is doing it. I don't mind the occasional mistake, so long as the saves or blocks are there rather than every shot ending in a goal.

Navas has been a great signing for City imo. Yes he does overdo it in great positions at times, but most other players wouldn't even get there in the first place. For the money paid, he is an absolute bargain who has helped win quite a lot of games he has been involved in.

Navas has also made the two passes of the season both for Aguero goals v Dippers and the Arsenal, underated and carrying Zabba at times.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Agree on both counts.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 pm

re: ref another (mild) bias.

swansea dirty cunts (the CB pair) did there job and 'unsettled' aguero.

britley should have been off (yes it was me screaming abuse at him... well it worked with Smalling in the derby..)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum