Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby bigblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:12 am

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpoo ... uotes.html

Liverpool honcho Brendan Rodgers likes to talk in parables. He’s very much the Jesus of middle-management-style football coaching. Here are his greatest hits…

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:18 am

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:27 am

bigblue wrote:http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/157398/top-20-brilliantly-cringeworthy-brendan-rodgers-quotes.html

Liverpool honcho Brendan Rodgers likes to talk in parables. He’s very much the Jesus of middle-management-style football coaching. Here are his greatest hits…

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. “We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

That's horrible.

He really is fucking horrible.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 am

That Latin saying of his at number 10 is a miss-spelled RAF motto. The cheeky cunt - it's no wonder he fits in over there. (It should be ardua rather than aspera)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:14 am

No Ted, you just misunderstand him.....TRANSLATION

1)...We were that really shite for 10 mins, then we weren't quite as shite.
2)...
3)...Luis Suarez is a man eater.
4)...I am now on Jack and Jill book 3 and I can nearly do joined up writing.
5)... Ooops! Sorry Miss, I plugged your metal vibrator into the mains.
6)...
7)...When I was a kid, we played 40 a side, cos only one kid had a ball.
8)...Henderson....fetch!
9)....I have written Valentines Cards to three of you.
10)...I drive an Astra.
11)...If he lets you handle his balls, He's bound to let you give him a blow job.
12)...Joe Allen wouldn't let me shag him.
13)...I can never find where I've left my keys when I'm pissed.
14)...Luis, "If you can't get past the defender, eat him.
15)...When I managed Swansea, the Cardiff fans loved me.
16)...I was embarrassed I'd mate a twat of myself.
17)...
18)...Nobody wants to let me shag 'em.
19)...I was shit with that Airfix Kit, soI slung it.
20)...So that's why other teams score so many against us.

My apologies but you lot can play with the missing ones. It's late and I'm off to bed and can't be arsed thinking anymore.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:33 am

Anyone who wonders why rodgers is so loathed on here need only read those quotes...and even if he is joking in half of them and misquoted in half of the other half, it still doesnt disqualify him from me calling him a prick.

And you can quote me on that.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:50 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Anyone who wonders why rodgers is so loathed on here need only read those quotes...and even if he is joking in half of them and misquoted in half of the other half, it still doesnt disqualify him from me calling him a prick.

And you can quote me on that.
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:51 am

Thumbs up
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am

These cunts, who go all out to sound like they just graduated from oxford, fool no one with a decent IQ.
Barton is the same , they went from reading the beano and Dandy all their lives to waking up one day and decided to try and become articulate and worldly and to try to fool the masses.

As the saying goes , you can put a tuxedo on a goat , but its still a fuckign goat.

Fuck off Rodgers , your a bell end.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:03 am

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby twosips » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:15 am

Yep ^ Definitely still a goat.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Michigan Blue wrote:https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/536926342567440384

what a bunch of cunts

"Poetry in Motion" lol. Bad poetry! I'm starting to like Brenda though, in a Moyesie sort of way.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:46 pm

twosips wrote:Yep ^ Definitely still a goat.

A fairly dapper goat tho. Come on!

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Loserpool must be really hard up for cash; they've just decided to hold their end of season party at Christmas and combine it with their seasonal festivities at that point.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 am

This gobshite's worst verbal crutch by far is "as I said," which is inevitably followed by something he hadn't previously said. Every fucking time.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 am

Anyone else notice the positive spin the media have took on the dippers result against one of the lowest ranked teams in the CL this morning ? They now have a "Grande Final " at Anfield against Basle , another low ranked team . Fuck me I'm sure we just beat the champions of Europe but bye and large the press has been negative . Fucking pathetic !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:58 am

City64 wrote:Anyone else notice the positive spin the media have took on the dippers result against one of the lowest ranked teams in the CL this morning ? They now have a "Grande Final " at Anfield against Basle , another low ranked team . Fuck me I'm sure we just beat the champions of Europe but bye and large the press has been negative . Fucking pathetic !

Yes, I turned the telly over last night to watch the pundits launch into an embarrassing result for the dippers. To my dismay they were saying it was a step in the right direction and they had shown character. Giving away another lead in the nervous last few mins. Great character that.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:16 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else notice the positive spin the media have took on the dippers result against one of the lowest ranked teams in the CL this morning ? They now have a "Grande Final " at Anfield against Basle , another low ranked team . Fuck me I'm sure we just beat the champions of Europe but bye and large the press has been negative . Fucking pathetic !

Yes, I turned the telly over last night to watch the pundits launch into an embarrassing result for the dippers. To my dismay they were saying it was a step in the right direction and they had shown character. Giving away another lead in the nervous last few mins. Great character that.

Graeme Souness looked like he was told to be positive but had the look of someone wanting to explode with a rage of negativity!
Liverpool were awful last night and Mignolet's days are numbered, he is totally shit. I bet Pepe Reina cannot believe this clown replaced him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Graeme Souness looked like he was told to be positive but had the look of someone wanting to explode with a rage of negativity!
Liverpool were awful last night and Mignolet's days are numbered, he is totally shit. I bet Pepe Reina cannot believe this clown replaced him.

Most in the media will go easy on pool, and rodgers, because their sycophancy of last season is still a wee bit too fresh. Only a reasonably perceptive football follower(and I disqualify 99% of the press and media on that score) would have been able to make the point that after losing suarez's goals and energy, keeping it tight defensively had to be the priority. I dont see anyone who held that view being accused of knee jerk reaction. Because it was obvious. we could all see it on here...alas, City are the panto villains, easy to pigeonhole with negativity...if we do well, play well, put together the results all it does is keep their powder dry til the next wobble, when the poison starts again.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Champions of Europe two years ago. Madrid won it last season.

You're point is well documented by other examples tho obvs. We are all bores to tears of this shit but I actually think it's important. We need an us vs them mentality if we are going to win anything this season I believe.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum