Brendan Rodgers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brendan Rodgers

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Wooders wrote:I have to say I feel a bit sorry for him - last season was the Suarez and sturridge show and he's had to try and manage without both this season, with the added distraction of the Stevie G farewell tour, where he has been obliged to play a well past it, overated player who has also been well out of form.

Apologies Wooders, but I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

He was inordinately lucky last season thanks, largely, to Suarez and the windfall he received when that player left was completely wasted on indifferent signings, which were all down to him.

In spite of all the setbacks of this season, his overweening manner and utterances have not diminished one iota and he has continued to court publicity and shameless self promotion as though he were somehow not culpable for events on the pitch.

IMHO he merits all the rancour and criticism now being directed his way.

I couldn't feel sorry for him if I tried.

(Apart from that, I don't like him).
Last edited by Mikhail Chigorin on Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

The one thing he had to do with Suarez money was to replace his goals as best he could. Epic fail. Balotelli and the Southampton striker. FFS. He dribbled the money out in penny packets and it didn't work.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wooders » Sun May 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Oh he's a cunt don't get me wrong but where would we and the count be without serge?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wooders wrote:I have to say I feel a bit sorry for him - last season was the Suarez and sturridge show and he's had to try and manage without both this season, with the added distraction of the Stevie G farewell tour, where he has been obliged to play a well past it, overated player who has also been well out of form.

He was inordinately lucky last season thanks, largely, to Suarez and the windfall he received when that player left was completely wasted on indifferent signings, which were all down to him.

In spite of all the setbacks of this season, his overweening manner and utterances have not diminished one iota and he has continued to court publicity and shameless self promotion as though he were somehow not culpable for events on the pitch.

As Meatloaf once said, "you took the words right out of my mouth"

He will be at a Bolton or a QPR or a Sunderland or a Leicester in a couple of years. I will feel sorry for whatever club he rocks up to next
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Wooders wrote:Oh he's a cunt don't get me wrong but where would we and the count be without serge?

Pellegrini has had his own misfortunes to contend with in losing Negredo and the problematic situation with Jovetic, to name but two.

The difference is that Pellegrini is not the arrogant, conceited, publicity seeking camera lover that Bodgers is and conducts himself in a more gracious, likeable and humble manner.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Clowncrete » Sun May 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Wooders wrote:Oh he's a cunt don't get me wrong but where would we and the count be without serge?

We were playing very well even without Aguero in December. Won in Rome without him. Aguero was injured for most of second part of last season and Dzeko and Toure stepped up.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 24, 2015 4:26 pm

We have Bony, Jovetic, and Dzeko in reserve. When all four were out we won nine out of ten if I remember correctly. Pellegrini has more tactical nous and acumen in his little toe than Brenda. Brenda bought badly and has done for three years
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Sun May 24, 2015 4:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:

We have Bony, Jovetic, and Dzeko in reserve. When all four were out we won nine out of ten if I remember correctly. Pellegrini has more tactical nous and acumen in his little toe than Brenda. Brenda bought badly and has done for three years

And long may it continue for Brenda. I hope she gets an extended stay at Scouse 2.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sun May 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Rogers says:' it was embarrassing. If the owners want me to go I'll go'. He won't have any alternative in those circumstances.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun May 24, 2015 4:49 pm

blues2win wrote:Rogers says:' it was embarrassing. If the owners want me to go I'll go'. He won't have any alternative in those circumstances.

Big Fat Sam is available.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 24, 2015 4:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Rogers says:' it was embarrassing. If the owners want me to go I'll go'. He won't have any alternative in those circumstances.

Big Fat Sam is available.

If only Carlsberg still sponsored the dippers
nottsblue

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 pm

This is merely a blip on the record of a true genius, as Brenda will soon explain to anyone who will listen.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I could not agree more. It's only a couple of months ago that Brenda was saying they would finish second. Arrogant, odious little shit house, deluded and self aggrandising tit head. Why blame their season on Suarez leaving? It's like us saying we would have achieved more this season if Colin Bell was still here. That's ship has sailed ffs.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Amazing group is code for don't slag me off.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Just heard the recording of the liverpool fan who rang talksport and cried. Pmfsl its as funny as it gets
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Just heard the recording of the liverpool fan who rang talksport and cried. Pmfsl its as funny as it gets

Based on that give Bodgers a 4 yr extension. Haha 12 months ago know swing the coach now crying on talks hire, magnificent.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 24, 2015 9:13 pm

I'd feel sorry for him had he not
Told us his team Would be better this season, they'd finish above us and he'd be the one to get out of Bali what nobody else could. Don't tell the world you're the best then expect sympathy when you fail to prove it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Rodgers apologised publicly to his son after the game, stating he was supposed to be going to Wembley after the dippers game to watch his son play. Rodgers had decided to sacrifice this after the poor performance the dippers put in. It's big of him to make this personal sacrifice and show the world how dedicated he is. But the dippers game only finished just before 5 o' clock in Stoke. His son's game started at Wembley at 5.30. Brenda, you deluded prick, you were never getting there.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Wooders » Sun May 24, 2015 9:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Just heard the recording of the liverpool fan who rang talksport and cried. Pmfsl its as funny as it gets

Share then - you fuckin greeners think you're gods
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Sun May 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Mods, sorry.
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum