Stadium Expansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Stadium Expansion

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:14 pm

Will it be ready for early August?

I know it's going up at a rapid rate but there is still a lot to do.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:19 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Will it be ready for early August?

Easily ready for August, the main construction of the roof corner sections is going in this next week, after that its the removal of the inner roof thats the main remaining construction issue. The internal works can be done as soon as the internal construction equipment isnt used. It shouldn't take too long as long as everything is ordered.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Will it be ready for early August?

Easily ready for August, the main construction of the roof corner sections is going in this next week, after that its the removal of the inner roof thats the main remaining construction issue. The internal works can be done as soon as the internal construction equipment isnt used. It shouldn't take too long as long as everything is ordered.

Fingers crossed.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby mr_nool » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm really looking forward to see the new, expanded stadium. I'm hoping to make it to Manchester this autumn. It's been way too long since my last home game (my two last trips were both away games).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:57 pm

No announcement on extension works to the family stand. Probably due to a smaller waiting list than they'd hoped for, but I'm still hoping they're going to tear it down and build one enormous single tier stand, preferably incorporating safe standing.

I know they're not, I'm just hoping.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 pm

The old SS roof is coming down, cranes on the pitch. I think I will do a tour of the ground in July and take a few snaps, here is the latest on the skyscrapercity site

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 81&page=57

here is one of the photos

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:The old SS roof is coming down, cranes on the pitch. I think I will do a tour of the ground in July and take a few snaps, here is the latest on the skyscrapercity site

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 81&page=57

here is one of the photos

Looks like they're preparing the away bit for a visit from Eamon Holmes.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:14 pm

One of the pics on there, it looks like a fair bit of the old roof was full of rockwool.

If that is actually rockwool, no fucking wonder the atmosphere struggles. You use that to absorb sound in building recording studios/ cinemas etc. Maybe they did it with concerts in mind; to kill off sound reflections.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:One of the pics on there, it looks like a fair bit of the old roof was full of rockwool.

If that is actually rockwool, no fucking wonder the atmosphere struggles. You use that to absorb sound in building recording studios/ cinemas etc. Maybe they did it with concerts in mind; to kill off sound reflections.

It's also a very good fire damper. Could be safety related.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:One of the pics on there, it looks like a fair bit of the old roof was full of rockwool.

It's also a very good fire damper. Could be safety related.

Yeah true, but I don't understand why it would need to be inside a roof in a building like that. Perhaps it is/was standard procedure. I would have thought you could just have thinner panels.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 pm

All the problems at Wembley come from being a single skin roof and a mass build up of condensation building up and pissing down on fans, when you have a cavity you have to use insulation to stop this and cold spot, that's a big problem when you have heavy steel work and an aluminium roof as they expand and contract at different rates so need to be kept as even as poss to stop it pulling itself apart (again like Wembley ). As for acoustics that will come from the design of the roof liner as it's that that reflects the sound, they normally use a perforated tray to help keep the sound in and absorb sound once it goes past the point.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 am

everyonehatesus wrote:All the problems at Wembley come from being a single skin roof and a mass build up of condensation building up and pissing down on fans, when you have a cavity you have to use insulation to stop this and cold spot, that's a big problem when you have heavy steel work and an aluminium roof as they expand and contract at different rates so need to be kept as even as poss to stop it pulling itself apart (again like Wembley ). As for acoustics that will come from the design of the roof liner as it's that that reflects the sound, they normally use a perforated tray to help keep the sound in and absorb sound once it goes past the point.

If it's a perforated barrier then some of the sound will pass inside & be absorbed by the rockwool, mass, etc, thus killing off some of the reflected sound which would otherwise be reflected back as 'atmosphere'.

The new roof seems to contain much less such material apart from a small area at the back. With a bit of luck, it may make a noticable difference & reflect more sound. Certainly when both ends are eventually finished, it should do.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 am

The main problem with the atmosphere is that no one can be arsed singing. Nothing to do with the materials used to build the stadium. When we actually sing you can here it clearly on TV and around the stadium - Hamburg.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:36 am

Mase wrote:The main problem with the atmosphere is that no one can be arsed singing. Nothing to do with the materials used to build the stadium. When we actually sing you can here it clearly on TV and around the stadium - Hamburg.

you mean it's not all down to rockwool?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:37 am

Mase wrote:The main problem with the atmosphere is that no one can be arsed singing. Nothing to do with the materials used to build the stadium. When we actually sing you can here it clearly on TV and around the stadium - Hamburg.

True, ish. But I've noticed how the sound doesn't travel even when people do sing. It's that which makes someone 50 yards away feel part of it & join in. Speaking to rags' fans I know; they thought they were really making a load of noise. From where I'm sat, I explained I'd genuinely forgotton they were there & could only hear the City fans(not that loudly). I heard almost nothing from the rags. In an old kind of ground, the sound would be twice as loud, from both sets of fans.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:46 am

Do we want to reflect the sound of moaning like fuck from the Colin Bell Stand?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby freshie » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

you mean it's not all down to rockwool?

Haha. Spot on Mase
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Do we want to reflect the sound of moaning like fuck from the Colin Bell Stand?

....................or the North Stand in them 'good old days'?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Just discovered they have been discussing this very subject on bmoon & indeed there was sound absorbing material in the old roof which is there to cut down noise in residential areas. I had heard rumours to that effect in the past but they have the document stating that sound absorbing materials are being removed, but the angle of the new roof(s) pointing down rather than up, should mean that no more sound escapes the ground to residential areas.

It should though mean that it is reflected inside the ground rather than absorbed. One geezer also suggested that it was designed so that the athletes could hear clear instructions. Dunno if that's bollocks but interesting idea.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:04 pm

I would say the part about hearing clear instructions is bollocks but the bit about containing sound because of location is spot on.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum