UEFA Team of the Year

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

UEFA Team of the Year

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Here are the candidates, its currently a 40 strong squad with Vinny, Pablo and Yaysa in there from City.

Goalkeepers

Beto (Sevilla FC), Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea FC), Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München)

Defenders

David Alaba (FC Bayern München), Medhi Benatia (FC Bayern München), Jérôme Boateng (FC Bayern München), Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid CF), Ezequiel Garay (FC Zenit), Diego Godín (Club Atlético de Madrid), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City FC), Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Miranda (Club Atlético de Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid CF), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City FC)

Midfielders

Xabi Alonso (FC Bayern München), Arda Turan (Club Atlético de Madrid), Ángel Di María (Manchester United FC), James Rodríguez (Real Madrid CF), Koke (Club Atlético de Madrid), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid CF), Luka Modrić (Real Madrid CF), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Ivan Rakitić (FC Barcelona), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München), Yaya Touré (Manchester City FC)

Forwards

Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal FC), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid CF), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid CF), Diego Costa (Chelsea FC), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Paris Saint-Germain), Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München), Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern München), Neymar (FC Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF), Jonatan Soriano (FC Salzburg), Carlos Tévez (Juventus)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: UEFA Team of the Year

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:51 pm

My team from that lot

Goalkeeper
Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München)

Defenders
David Alaba (FC Bayern München)
Diego Godín (Club Atlético de Madrid)
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City FC)
Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City FC)

Midfielders
Xabi Alonso (FC Bayern München)
Paul Pogba (Juventus)
Yaya Touré (Manchester City FC)

Forwards
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF)
Zlatan Ibrahimović (Paris Saint-Germain)
Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
Wonderwall

Postby Scatman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:06 pm

No Suarez?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:07 pm

If the criteria includes performances in domestic competitions, and international comps then Kompany, Ya Ya and Zab have to be in the conversation.

If the criteria is centred around performances in European club competition, then not one of our players deserves selection.

Largely agree with WW's team - mine would be: -

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:If the criteria includes performances in domestic competitions, and international comps then Kompany, Ya Ya and Zab have to be in the conversation.

If the criteria is centred around performances in European club competition, then not one of our players deserves selection.

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi

If the criteria are centred around European club competition, James Rodriguez should be nowhere near it.
Scatman

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:If the criteria includes performances in domestic competitions, and international comps then Kompany, Ya Ya and Zab have to be in the conversation.

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi

lahm doesn't play fullback really anymore does he? Someone on this board might argue that he never actually did.

I honestly believe that MDM deserves a shout in there as well. He basically was the glue to a title winning defense at his "advanced" age in his first year in a league that i'd say is the absolute toughest to win in the top leagues of any country. Should get a shout for this imho.

Also, Jayko probably was as important as any striker in Europe last year. Maybe he doesn't make the final cut but he was as important as the bottom half of those strikers in that list. Easy to call him a spaz, but if there was a metric called "goals that matter" he'd rank near the top of the list over the last 12 months i bet. i hate him, but i love to hate him when he actually pulls his finger out. I hope he doesn't leave until he's in a wheelchair. The Bozspaz.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi

lahm doesn't play fullback really anymore does he? Someone on this board might argue that he never actually did.

I honestly believe that MDM deserves a shout in there as well. He basically was the glue to a title winning defense at his "advanced" age in his first year in a league that i'd say is the absolute toughest to win in the top leagues of any country. Should get a shout for this imho.

Also, Jayko probably was as important as any striker in Europe last year. Maybe he doesn't make the final cut but he was as important as the bottom half of those strikers in that list. Easy to call him a spaz, but if there was a metric called "goals that matter" he'd rank near the top of the list over the last 12 months i bet. i hate him, but i love to hate him when he actually pulls his finger out. I hope he doesn't leave until he's in a wheelchair. The Bozspaz.

cheers

Its my team and in it Lahm is the best option at right back.

As for Dzeko - Im an Edin fan but he doesn't belong in that company of player.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 pm

No Wooney? What a disgrace he should be in their for going through the heartache of going bald twice.

On the plus side City youths just about to start against Bayern on Eurosport :)
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi

cheers

not as good as Lewandowski, Tevez or Sanchez? Please. Yr totally wrong based upon his performances in the team that won the league.

And no Lahm isn't the best option at the position he doesn't play. Makes no sense at all....
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 am

I see that Ezequiel Garay is included in the list.

I really like him and think he's a fine defender; wish we had him at City.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:13 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Neuer

Lahm
Godin
Kompany
Alaba

Xabi Alonso
Koke
Kroos

Ronaldo
Diego Costa
Messi

cheers

not as good as Lewandowski, Tevez or Sanchez? Please. Yr totally wrong based upon his performances in the team that won the league.

And no Lahm isn't the best option at the position he doesn't play. Makes no sense at all....

I couldn't disagree more.

I do think that though we might watch the same game, but view it through very different levels of analysis.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07 pm

At least Casillas didn't get in this one, like he did the world cup one. Appalling world cup, absolute joke.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm

You couldn't have Ronaldo and messi in the same team.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm

sheblue wrote:You couldn't have Ronaldo and messi in the same team.

Don't think FFP counts here.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby roblues » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Not only this, but he played the full quarter final, semi final and final of the World Cup conceding only one goal in extra time of the final
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:41 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
sheblue wrote:You couldn't have Ronaldo and messi in the same team.

Don't think FFP counts here.

Doffs cap lol
Wonderwall

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:18 am

roblues wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Not only this, but he played the full quarter final, semi final and final of the World Cup conceding only one goal in extra time of the final

It's a UEFA team.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 am

Agree about Micho. I'd argue he deserves it more than Kompany for this calendar year.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:44 am

I am guessing discipline issues meant Suarez was not included. A joke really considering the season he had last year.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby roblues » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
roblues wrote:

It's a UEFA team.

Cheers

Cock it. This is why I shouldn't post twice a day. Still agree MD, even over Kompany
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum