***city vs bryan munchin official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city vs bryan munchin official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:16 am

london blue 2 wrote:Do we care about the champions league again now? I can't keep up.

Also Townsend and savage shouting get in and yesss at the third is further clarification of the media bias that we so hate.

In all seriousness it was good to see a ref not bottle a decision we should have had in three of our previous champions league games.

You don't believe the media are biased?!!

Wow.
Original Dub

Postby phips » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:58 am

fucking bullshit. my tivo glitched and failed right after Shaqiri came on. argh

still, absolute school boy defending, including Hart on Alonso's free kick.

our Porto boys look average and not up for it. and Nasri did nothing except deliver garbage free kicks and corners.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 am

phips wrote:fucking bullshit. my tivo glitched and failed right after Shaqiri came on. argh

our Porto boys look average and not up for it. and Nasri did nothing except deliver garbage free kicks and corners.

Mangala was our 2nd or 3rd best player on the pitch.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby bigblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:08 am

phips wrote:fucking bullshit. my tivo glitched and failed right after Shaqiri came on. argh

You are a positive shining light of reason as always. Honestly, I think your Tivo realized that you don't deserve to watch City play and killed itself because of the overwhelming shame of having such a bellend owner. fuck off
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:04 am

so in the last three pairings in the CL with Bayern. They have beaten us three times and we have beaten them three times.

I can live with those statistics .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 am

Manchester, nah, nah, nah,
Manchester, nah, nah, nahhh ...................
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:19 am

Original Dub wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Do we care about the champions league again now? I can't keep up.

Also Townsend and savage shouting get in and yesss at the third is further clarification of the media bias that we so hate.

In all seriousness it was good to see a ref not bottle a decision we should have had in three of our previous champions league games.

You don't believe the media are biased?!!

Wow.

I'm just providing some balance. If that shout of GET IN was about the rags there would be a new thread about Townsend being a scum licker.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 am

Mate, Martin Tyler did a lot more than that when Aguero scored THAT goal.

How did that balance for you in the end?

It's easy to get caught up in a dramatic ending. It doesn't mean it's ok to give constant digs for the whole lot of every game over a season.
Original Dub

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 am

ross.mcfc wrote:

I find all the fuck UEFA stuff silly. Will our fans be refusing to attend the final if we make it? Otherwise, keep quiet.

I was at the ground last night cheering for a City win just like I was against Mansfield in the Auto Windscreen Shield in 1998. That doesn't mean I am obliged to rate either competition or their organisers.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby IanWright » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:58 am

How do I upload a pic from my phone gallery onto here, chaps?
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

Another subpar performance but a top striker bailed us out poaching goals and winning it for us himself.

Thought Lampard was decent, Mangala did OK, Clichy fought hard and Vinny played up to par. Some of the others though, hmm. Fernando isn't up to it at that level, Nasri had only fleeting effect whilst Navas's ability to hit the full-back with a cross or cur inside frustrates the hell out of me. Jovetic and Zabba provided a spark when they came on, which is what you want your subs to do but Sergio Aguero - my cap is doffed.

We at least have a chance now that looked extremely unlikely 3 weeks ago. Im still of the opinion we wont win in Rome but hope for once we get a complete performance and defend a whole lot better than we have in the first 5 games of the group.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby NAMCO » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 pm

zuricity wrote:so in the last three pairings in the CL with Bayern. They have beaten us three times and we have beaten them three times.

The 3 times we have beat them were dead rubbers so we can't really take any positives from the results. I'm not getting caught up in the CL until we beat 1 of the big teams when both teams need a result.

It's scandalous with the amount that the owners have put in that we are such a 1 man team. We are missing Silva atm but he's never been a prolific scorer anyway. I know Sergio has said he'll stay with us until we win the CL. We are still light years behind Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea & PSG though, even Arsenal regularly qualify from their group. If Real come calling in the summer i'm sure he'll give the move some thought.

I have to LOL at the love for Mangala on here. He's been a liability since he joined. He nearly cost us a goal in the 1st minute last night & he also gave away a needless free kick which led to the equaliser. I was initially ecstatic that we beat the Rags to him. I'm now thinking they knew something we didn't.
NAMCO
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: JAMES MILNER

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Ribery is an odious prick.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pi ... 58984.html

it wasn't very 'violent' though was it, just more mountains out of mole hills stuff.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

NAMCO wrote:
zuricity wrote:so in the last three pairings in the CL with Bayern. They have beaten us three times and we have beaten them three times.

The 3 times we have beat them were dead rubbers so we can't really take any positives from the results. I'm not getting caught up in the CL until we beat 1 of the big teams when both teams need a result.

It's scandalous with the amount that the owners have put in that we are such a 1 man team. We are missing Silva atm but he's never been a prolific scorer anyway. I know Sergio has said he'll stay with us until we win the CL. We are still light years behind Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea & PSG though, even Arsenal regularly qualify from their group. If Real come calling in the summer i'm sure he'll give the move some thought.

I have to LOL at the love for Mangala on here. He's been a liability since he joined. He nearly cost us a goal in the 1st minute last night & he also gave away a needless free kick which led to the equaliser. I was initially ecstatic that we beat the Rags to him. I'm now thinking they knew something we didn't.

Mangala has come into the team at a difficult time & had little help to settle or time to learn a system. It will take time. He had a better game than any of Bayern's defenders. He is better than anything the rags have, or probably will have after they spunk another 70 mil on defenders.

Bayern didn't play either of the last 2 games as dead rubbers. The first maybe but not the last two. We beat them & possibly would have beaten them in Munich twice more if the ref there had done his job on both occasions.

Forgot to mention: Aguero leaving ? Kiss my fucking arse you rag shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
NAMCO wrote:

Mangala has come into the team at a difficult time & had little help to settle or time to learn a system. It will take time. He had a better game than any of Bayern's defenders. He is better than anything the rags have, or probably will have after they spunk another 70 mil on defenders.

Bayern didn't play either of the last 2 games as dead rubbers. The first maybe but not the last two. We beat them & possibly would have beaten them in Munich twice more if the ref there had done his job on both occasions.

Forgot to mention: Aguero leaving ? Kiss my fucking arse you rag shite.

This is the same rag using his tenth different name on here. You can tell it a mile away.

Its disturbing to think that after all his team has spunked trying to get to our level, he still thinks we're the ones spending to get to theirs.

Poor cunt must be having a breakdown LOL
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:16 pm

NAMCO wrote:

I have to LOL at us being light years behind Chelsea, would this be the same Chelsea who recently played at the Etihad and didn't have a shot on target for 70 minutes ( 3 wayward speculative shots in those 70) and only registered their first when we went down to ten?

Mangala was immense last night, winning everything that came near him aerially, bringing the ball out of defence and setting up attacks well with some excellent passing and one outstanding goal saving block. There are still issues to iron out but a liability? Give it a fucking rest.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Mangala was immense last night, winning everything that came near him aerially, bringing the ball out of defence and setting up attacks well with some excellent passing and one outstanding goal saving block. There are still issues to iron out but a liability? Give it a fucking rest.

except for when he got caught ball watching (with Clichy) and almost conceded the opening goal to Rode and when he conceded a stupid ass free kick that Alonso scored, even if Joe was awful on his set up and positioning
Last edited by phips on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

bigblue wrote:

You are a positive shining light of reason as always. Honestly, I think your Tivo realized that you don't deserve to watch City play and killed itself because of the overwhelming shame of having such a bellend owner. fuck off

shit, maybe you're right. i'd never thought of that.

cheers.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:28 pm

phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Mangala was immense last night, winning everything that came near him aerially, bringing the ball out of defence and setting up attacks well with some excellent passing and one outstanding goal saving block. There are still issues to iron out but a liability? Give it a fucking rest.

except for when he got caught ball watching (with Clichy) and almost conceded the opening goal to Rode and when he conceded a stupid ass free kick that Alonso scored, even if Joe was awful on his set up and positioning

Like I said there are some issues to iron out. For the free kick, yes he got sucked in but it was a wonderful piece of skill from Lewandowski, I've seen on many occasions top centre backs getting suckered into the same.

You going to give him any credit for the good things he did or are you going to continue to be negative towards our players constantly?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum