Man Of The Match v Bayern Munchen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fuck You You Munich Twats!!!

Hart
1%
Sagna
No votes
Kompany
2%
Mangala
6%
Clichy
5%
Navas
3%
Fernando
1%
Lampard
15%
Milner
2%
Nasri
2%
Sergio
58%
Jovetic
6%
Zabaleta
No votes
Demichelis
No votes
Pellegrini
1%

Total votes : 120

Re: Man Of The Match v Bayern Munchen

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:48 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:From what I saw, Lampard was gash yet Ginger Pig said he was our 2nd best player. I'm taking it that Lampard lasted the first 20 then ran out of steam?

I have voted Frank as MOM. Thought he was excellent though it is a bit daft to vote for anyone but Sergio. Frank was not worried about the pressing game Bayern produce and his passing was incisive at times. Well done fat frank.

Like I said, I missed the first half hour and from what I seen he seemed non-existent. I'll take your word for it though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 am

and that performance will have done Mangler a world of good.

Agreed. A bit like a puppy sometimes but there is certainly a player there.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:14 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the daily fail's player ratings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... shing.html

What a joke those ratings are. I thought everyone was excellent except Hart. I may be expecting too much but I didn't feel he covered himself in glory.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:58 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the daily fail's player ratings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... shing.html

I can't take ratings that give half-points seriously.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluedj » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 am

Had to go for Sergio, but I thought Clichy was excellent, especially who he was up against in the diving cheating cunt Robbin. His anticipation was brilliant last night, just glad he was really on his game. Shame he doesn't have a Alex's cross ;-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:51 am

To save everyone clicking on that fecking waste of space tabloid, this is what it says for player ratings and this is what I reckon too!

Joe Hart 5
DM: Wrong-footed for the Alonso free kick – moved the wrong way and allowed Bayern back in the game
WW: (4) I think JH was poor last night and he hardly had to do much. If you watch the free kick, he is in the the air when its struck because he is bouncing to his right. He seems to bounce in the air for Lewandowski's effort too which meant he was diving late, although I doubt many keepers would have saved that placement. Distribution again last night was questionable, on a night when possession was paramount, he kicked it needlessly out of touch or to a Bayern shirt, even on occasions when the short roll out was on. Poor

Bacary Sagna 5
DM: Surging runs early on but allowed Lewandowski to beat him for the second and couldn’t contain Ribery
WW: 7 Obviously they have never seen him play for City before, last night was his best in a city shirt IMO. Yes he should have tracked Lewandowski for the goal and got goal side or at least disrupted his jump, however, his endeavour to get up and down and defend against Robben and Ribery was excellent. I dont understand why he was taken off TBH, a needless substitution IMO.

Kompany 5.5
DM: Not commanding enough for the second goal even if Sagna was the closest man. Not his best night
WW: 6 thought VK wasn't his imperious self, however, I thought he handled Lewandowski well. He did seem to let Ribery get under his skin, which is what him and Robben do, its part of their game, he should be better than that. Lucky not to get a yellow, he had a few kicks at them last night. However, he was not at fault for the 2nd goal, thats just fucking stupid journalism.

Eliaquim Mangala 5
DM: Clumsy foul which gave away the free kick to present Bayern with the opportunity to equalise. Unconvincing
WW: 7 he was really up for it last night, his pace was excellent too, I reckon Robben and Ribery were well pissed off when they realised they were not able to beat him for speed. He pressed and harried worked very hard. Read the game well too, well done Mr Mangala, it was like you recovered from amnesia that you have suffered since the Chelsea game.

Clichy 5.5
DM: Good on the offensive and troubled Rafinha – less good at closing down the cross for the second Bayern goal
WW: 7 Another good game from Clichy, looks like he has finally found his feet, lets hope he continues this form, because I very much liked him last night.

Milner 6.5
DM: Over-run for long periods in first half even once Bayern were down to ten men – but improved and had good curling shot just wide on 52 minutes
WW 6 A hard working performance from Milner, I dont think he did anything spectacular last night, but he is the workhorse you need against Bayern to get the ball back.

Fernando 6
DM: Started well but like the rest of his team-mates found it hard to cope with Bayern’s passing machine
WW: 7 I thought he was very good last night, he was everywhere, his energy levels were high, he was doing that thankless job of forcing Bayern back and breaking up their play, forcing them to make a mistake, I enjoyed his game tonight.

Jesus Navas 6
DM Looked lively early on, got in behind Bernat but delivery could have been better at times
WW: 7 what are the Daily Mail sniffing?? Navas was a great outlet all evening and gave Bernat a torrid time, this was another good performance by Navas, he looked a threat all night, he just needs to get that final ball to Sergio quicker

Frank Lampard 7
DM: Superb ball to put Aguero through to earn the penalty for the first goal – but struggled to break up Bayern’s incessant passing
WW: 6 Apart from the through ball, I though Lamps was a passneger last night, I didnt think he had a good game, however, I have seen some people say the opposite?? I can only say what I see and I saw Fernando doing twice a s much work as Franky boy when we didnt have the ball.

Samir Nasri 6.5
DM: Was causing Bayern’s defence multiple problems early on. Faded in the first half but started the second well again
WW: 8 I thought Nasri was everywhere last night and put a real shift in, looked really up for it and was nice to see him getting some hunger, fitness and form back.

Sergio Aguero 8 - STAR MAN
DM: Ruthlessly exploited Bayern’s mistakes. City’s saviour – they would be half the team without him
WW: 9 He really is a fantastic striker. He needed to be to beat the best keeper in the world, the finish with his left for the second was inch perfect. Worked hard last night and thoroughly deserved his standing ovation.

Manager: Manuel Pellegrini 6
DM: His team was out-passed and outclassed for periods against ten men for long periods – but was rescued by Aguero
WW 6: Wasn't too impressed with some of the tactics last night. We all know bayern play the short game, they rarely go long from Neuer. We had an extra man, so therefore when Neuer has the ball, go man for man around the box and midfield and stop them playing out from the keeper, totally disrupt their rhythm. When we did do this on the very odd occasion they panicked and got lucky on a few occasions playing a blind pass. I dont understand the Sagna substitution either, I thought he was playing well and there was no need to bring Zaba on. Maybe because he though Zaba would provide more of an attacking threat?

Subs
Zabaleta 6 (for Sagna 67)
DM: Came on to give City some added thrust - with limited success
WW 5: I saw the Zabaleta that first arrived at City last night, he could have easily seen red for two yellow cards. You know what you get with Zaba, 100% heart and work rate, but he could have derailed us last night with being over zealous.

Jovetic 6 (for Milner 65)
DM: Worked hard but struggled to create an impact
WW: 7 OK the journo is smoking crack...Jovetic cam on and wanted the ball immediately, looked enthusiastic and got a great interception from Alonso's pass to set up sergio on his run for the 2nd. He got a flick on header for the 3rd where Boeteng failed to control the flick on and sergio nicked the ball off him. This was a good sub, although I am not sure I would have taken Milner off, maybe Lampard and put Milner central.

A point of note:
WW: Referee: 8 well done, I thought he did a good job last night.
Neuer..HA HA FUCK YOU! Time wasting big time, every time we had a corner this prick would grab another ball and throw it on the pitch so we couldn't take the corner as there were two balls on the pitch. So glad this cam back to bite the twat on the arse. Wanker... talented wanker though!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 am

WW, are you saying Kompany's position was fine on their second goal? What was he doing so far across?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:WW, are you saying Kompany's position was fine on their second goal? What was he doing so far across?

From my recollection, Vinny missed the header by a fraction, the defence was in a line and Lewandowski was staying with Sagna because he knew he had the better chance against him. If Vinny would have held back and pushed sagna back as well, there would have been a gaping hole in front of him for them to run into.
Thats just my take on it.
Wonderwall

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:WW, are you saying Kompany's position was fine on their second goal? What was he doing so far across?

From my recollection, Vinny missed the header by a fraction, the defence was in a line and Lewandowski was staying with Sagna because he knew he had the better chance against him. If Vinny would have held back and pushed sagna back as well, there would have been a gaping hole in front of him for them to run into.
Thats just my take on it.

I'll have to watch a replay but my first instinct was why was Vinnie so far across, Sagna is a right back after all and shouldn't really be marking a number 9, that said he was bullied too easily by Lewa.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:18 am

patrickblue wrote:The Daily Hitler had this to say about the man who provided the assist for the equaliser and winning goals (with two sublime flicks I might add).

Jovetic 6 (for Milner 65)

Worked hard but struggled to create an impact

That's a belter and highlights them for the comic they are. "Struggled to create an impact?" - comes on, nicks ball to set up equaliser, flicks ball on that leads to winning goal. Id say he made his mark on the game.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:25 am

Aguero was far and away MOTM but that's stating the bleeding obvious anyway.

Interesting reading Wonderwalls ratings - I agree on Sagna, Mangala, Clichy and Kompany who I thought all did reasonably well. We limited Bayern to few actual clear cut chances and they worked their socks off as a unit.

Nasri was a peripheral figure I thought. He did put a shift in but didn't have much influence; though Milner was average at best; Navas frustrates the hell out of me, hitting the full-back with most crosses. Again he worked his knackers off so couldn't fault that and he gave us an outlet; Lampard was excellent, rarely if ever giving it away, setting up the first goal and providing a steadying force for us in midfield. The one who worried me is Fernando who I don't think is up to it at the top level and at times looks like the games too quick for him. He again lost possession on half-way gifting Bayern a great chance - a holding midfielder simply cant lose the ball as often as he does, or be as limited on the ball as Fernando is. His opposite number Xabi Alonso demonstrated how the hold mid should always be available and 99 times out of 100 use the ball effectively, save for his thankful brain fart for our 2nd goal.

Joe Hart - hmm. He needs to take a long look at his positioning for that free kick which gave Alonso both a clear strike and blinded himself from it as well.

The manager meanwhile seems to have finally learned that 4-4-2 wont cut it. Praise the lord.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:To save everyone clicking on that fecking waste of space tabloid, this is what it says for player ratings and this is what I reckon too!

Kompany 5.5
DM: Not commanding enough for the second goal even if Sagna was the closest man. Not his best night
WW: 6 thought VK wasn't his imperious self, however, I thought he handled Lewandowski well. He did seem to let Ribery get under his skin, which is what him and Robben do, its part of their game, he should be better than that. Lucky not to get a yellow, he had a few kicks at them last night. However, he was not at fault for the 2nd goal, thats just fucking stupid journalism.

He sailed under a cross and left our right back to contest their lone centre forward. Of course he was partially at fault for the 2nd goal.

Milner 6.5
DM: Over-run for long periods in first half even once Bayern were down to ten men – but improved and had good curling shot just wide on 52 minutes
WW 6 A hard working performance from Milner, I dont think he did anything spectacular last night, but he is the workhorse you need against Bayern to get the ball back.

Weird that they would give him one of the highest marks, when he was absolute garbage on the ball. Good decision to hook him instead of Lampard.

Jesus Navas 6
DM Looked lively early on, got in behind Bernat but delivery could have been better at times
WW: 7 what are the Daily Mail sniffing?? Navas was a great outlet all evening and gave Bernat a torrid time, this was another good performance by Navas, he looked a threat all night, he just needs to get that final ball to Sergio quicker

So, do you agree or disagree with the Mail? Because you wrote the exact same thing.

Frank Lampard 7
DM: Superb ball to put Aguero through to earn the penalty for the first goal – but struggled to break up Bayern’s incessant passing
WW: 6 Apart from the through ball, I though Lamps was a passneger last night, I didnt think he had a good game, however, I have seen some people say the opposite?? I can only say what I see and I saw Fernando doing twice a s much work as Franky boy when we didnt have the ball.

Naturally, Fernando has been doing more work, as he is about 100 years younger and played a more defensive position.

DM: Ruthlessly exploited Bayern’s mistakes. City’s saviour – they would be half the team without him
WW: 9 He really is a fantastic striker. He needed to be to beat the best keeper in the world, the finish with his left for the second was inch perfect. Worked hard last night and thoroughly deserved his standing ovation.

10 if there ever was one. Of course Bayern handed him the chances for his goals, but what he had to work with all night was our midfield & defence lumping the ball in his general direction. Until Jovetic came on.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby roblues » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Using Lampard to chase the ball for 60 minutes would have been suicidal tactically. The beauty of what he did was moving into space without the ball or turning into space with it so that we instantly looked more threatening.

Went with Clichy as my second MOTM though, great hustle all night
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:25 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:To save everyone clicking on that fecking waste of space tabloid, this is what it says for player ratings and this is what I reckon too!

Kompany 5.5

He sailed under a cross and left our right back to contest their lone centre forward. Of course he was partially at fault for the 2nd goal.

Milner 6.5

Weird that they would give him one of the highest marks, when he was absolute garbage on the ball. Good decision to hook him instead of Lampard.

Jesus Navas 6

So, do you agree or disagree with the Mail? Because you wrote the exact same thing.

Frank Lampard 7

Naturally, Fernando has been doing more work, as he is about 100 years younger and played a more defensive position.

10 if there ever was one. Of course Bayern handed him the chances for his goals, but what he had to work with all night was our midfield & defence lumping the ball in his general direction. Until Jovetic came on.

look at this,
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2014/11/2 ... als-video/
Vinny and the defence are in perfect shape and in a good position with distance apart. Vinny is well positioned to pick up the run of Ribery in the centre. Ball gets pinged to Lewandowski, which is no coincidence that he has decided to stay by Sanga. Vinny was not at fault, if he falls back and creates gaping hole to try and do everyones job for them, we would have been picked apart more than we were.

on Navas, I was remarking on the low score from the mail.

hope that helps and you get off your period soon
Wonderwall

Postby sheblue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:41 pm

The media are all parrots, one of them says something, shooting from the hip stupid comment and the rest of them copy it, then in no time they are all spouting the same bollocks in unison.
Comments and 'expert' opinion about Mangala is the prime example of this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:look at this,
Vinny and the defence are in perfect shape and in a good position with distance apart. Vinny is well positioned to pick up the run of Ribery in the centre. Ball gets pinged to Lewandowski, which is no coincidence that he has decided to stay by Sanga. Vinny was not at fault, if he falls back and creates gaping hole to try and do everyones job for them, we would have been picked apart more than we were.

Maybe I should just nod my head & get in on the media bias train. Grr.

On Navas, you gave him 1 point more. Truly earth shattering stuff. They must've been sniffing my blood-soaked panties at the Mail.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:look at this,

Maybe I should just nod my head & get in on the media bias train. Grr.

On Navas, you gave him 1 point more. Truly earth shattering stuff. They must've been sniffing my blood-soaked panties at the Mail.

you are learning! Oh and thanks
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Kompany was shocking last night & vs Swansea. Hopeless. I wouldn't give him 4 for either game.

Benefitting from fan love & respect from his previous performances.

Hopefully he has got it out of his system now & can become the inspirational player he often is.

If he can, we may just win the league.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Kompany was shocking last night & vs Swansea. Hopeless. I wouldn't give him 4 for either game.

Benefitting from fan love & respect from his previous performances.

Hopefully he has got it out of his system now & can become the inspirational player he often is.

If he can, we may just win the league.

What did Kompany do so wrong last night Ted?

start this video from 3.15,

you will see Kompany look over his shoulder and see that Sagna has Lewandowski covered, the defence in the exact shape you would want it. The goal was a lucky loop off his shoulder benjani style. I think you're being very harsh on Kompany last night saying he was hopeless? Thats just bollox.
Wonderwall

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Thought defensively the back 4 weren't too bad at all last night. Hart wasn't exactly peppered with shots, nor did Bayern create umpteen chances either. Thought we kept our shape and discipline quite well as a 4, considering we were chasing the ball for 60 odd percent of the time.

Kompany wasn't imperious or anything, but he wasn't shit either. Its very hard to maintain discipline and shape when you are ceding possession for most of the game, and given the circumstances and the way Bayern moved the ball so well up to our final third, I thought we limited their actual scoring chances quite well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum