Under 19's v Bayern

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Under 19's v Bayern

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Is adarabioyo any good? Want him to do well, Cholrton lad and his mam is a mate of my missus. She better sort me out with vip tickets if he makes the grade

I think the simple answer is yes he is good. Watching this game I heard somebody say that he looked like Bambi on ice last time they saw him but now he is looking much more assured.Maybe that's a bit cruel but my first view of him was a very tall gangly lad who wasn't a great defender, loved to come out of defence with the ball but gave it away too often and left the team to defend breakaways.

Still miles to go but he does look more solid defensively,maybe has put a bit of meat on his frame ,still looks to bring the ball out but with a little more control and also is showing a little eye for goal when he goes forward.

When you consider all the other talented players around the youth teams Tosin might just be one of the better ones.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:00 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Is adarabioyo any good? Want him to do well, Cholrton lad and his mam is a mate of my missus. She better sort me out with vip tickets if he makes the grade

I think the simple answer is yes he is good. Watching this game I heard somebody say that he looked like Bambi on ice last time they saw him but now he is looking much more assured.Maybe that's a bit cruel but my first view of him was a very tall gangly lad who wasn't a great defender, loved to come out of defence with the ball but gave it away too often and left the team to defend breakaways.

Still miles to go but he does look more solid defensively,maybe has put a bit of meat on his frame ,still looks to bring the ball out but with a little more control and also is showing a little eye for goal when he goes forward.

When you consider all the other talented players around the youth teams Tosin might just be one of the better ones.

On the limited occasions I'd seen him, I thought he had all the stuff required, but seemed to be beaten too easily 1v1 & was a bit clueless defensively (as most young kids are tbf). Was hoping to see some improvement in that area, to give me a clue whether he might have what it takes. Genuinely shocked at how much improved he seemed to be vs Bayern. Only just turned 17 !

I would say, in that game, he actually looked even better than Denayer did at the same age.

Be interesting to see if he keeps it up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

On the limited occasions I'd seen him, I thought he had all the stuff required, but seemed to be beaten too easily 1v1 & was a bit clueless defensively (as most young kids are tbf). Was hoping to see some improvement in that area, to give me a clue whether he might have what it takes. Genuinely shocked at how much improved he seemed to be vs Bayern. Only just turned 17 !

I would say, in that game, he actually looked even better than Denayer did at the same age.

Be interesting to see if he keeps it up.

Maybe the danger of assessing based on one match especially against a team that didn't offer that much but I do agree the improvement has been significant and yes only just 17!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Good to read this stuff, thanks chaps.

All's I'll say is 'The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 pm

watched a replay of the game on eurosport

hard to read anything into it though as bayern were very, very poor - not sure if their side were much younger but it did look like men against boys
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Great to see these young players being trained to play great football, and a pleasure to see their talent. The problem is this. Compared to us, Wenger encourages his kids. Has done for years. Remember the youth players murdering us in the league cup under Pearce, I think. But Arse have won fuck all for years. The teams that have been winning, Chelsea and City have done little or no promoting of Academy players, see Dickinsons article in yesterdays Times.Why? Because we have to win everything. Somehow that has to change to give these kids a chance because at 21 or 22 they can get regular game time in the weaker prem teams and the championship or in Europe and that's what they will want. But it looks promising.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum