*** Saints v City - Official Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Saints v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:21 pm

freshie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Anyone know how long Mangala will be suspended for? Obviously 1 game for the red but his second yellow today was his fifth of the season, does this mean he'll get another game ban for that?

Good question. I think (hope) it will still be a 1 match ban but knowing our luck he'll end up with a 2 match ban. Is this an unprecedented case?

Lol this is a mcfc player, he will probably get the death sentence.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Neil Ashton gives Mangala 1/10. Bollocks.

It's the next theme: we are starting to play better, but what mugs we are to pay 30 mil for Mangala, here are a load of examples of his bad defending whilst we ignore 36 goals City score at the other end

Can read these cunts like a book.

As if by magic, the next agenda appears. What is the talking point of City's win at Southampton ? Why of course. it's the bloke who got sent off before we scored two goals & kept a clean sheet. After all, discussing how we did it, would be boring to anyone except City fans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... d-way.html

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/ ... mangala-o/

Fair play to the TV pundits on Sky & MOTD for not sinking to that level, but Smith has made up for it here & we have the Neville Carragher show to come, where they must surely want to reign us back in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:As if by magic, the next agenda appears. What is the talking point of City's win at Southampton ? Why of course. it's the bloke who got sent off before we scored two goals & kept a clean sheet. After all, discussing how we did it, would be boring to anyone except City fans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... d-way.html

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/ ... mangala-o/

Fair play to the TV pundits on Sky & MOTD for not sinking to that level, but Smith has made up for it here & we have the Neville Carragher show to come, where they must surely want to reign us back in.

It serves to distract people from the raggy little ref booking Aguero for being fouled.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:33 am

Great team performance.

However, no time to pat ourselves on the back. The bogey ground is ahoy and we go there minus our top 2 centre halves and best creative midfield player. Time to man up and dig out another result. No good winning at Southampton if we piss it away again on Wednesday night.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:23 am

I thought Mangala was doing ok yesterday and was dropped in it big time by Yaya. Why are people so unwilling to give the lad time, the transfer fee is not his fault so why keep beating him over the head with it. You can bet your bottom dollar that the same people berating him are the ones who did the same with Demi and we all no how that one turned out.

Mangala has had no pre-season, travelled to a world cup and has been thrown into the fastest most competitive league in the world. Nowt like giving the lad a little bit of time is there.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 am

Sister of fu wrote:I thought Mangala was doing ok yesterday and was dropped in it big time by Yaya. Why are people so unwilling to give the lad time, the transfer fee is not his fault so why keep beating him over the head with it. You can bet your bottom dollar that the same people berating him are the ones who did the same with Demi and we all no how that one turned out.

Mangala has had no pre-season, travelled to a world cup and has been thrown into the fastest most competitive league in the world. Nowt like giving the lad a little bit of time is there.

It's an agenda. No doubt about it.

I have no worries about him coming good. The only thing that might hold him back is the with hunt being put on him by the media. Hopefully the city fans won't get caught up in the propaganda.
Original Dub

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 am

Original Dub wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I thought Mangala was doing ok yesterday and was dropped in it big time by Yaya. Why are people so unwilling to give the lad time, the transfer fee is not his fault so why keep beating him over the head with it. You can bet your bottom dollar that the same people berating him are the ones who did the same with Demi and we all no how that one turned out.

I have no worries about him coming good. The only thing that might hold him back is the with hunt being put on him by the media. Hopefully the city fans won't get caught up in the propaganda.

Agree 100% with Dub here - there seems to be a concerted media campaign to belittle and undermine Mangala. I think hes been fine and he has been bought for the next 10 years, not for the knee jerk bollocks Ive seen in the press over the past month.

That twonk Ashton in the Mail writes for a comic anyway so I wouldn't place any stock in anything he crayons. Important the fans stick behind Mangala during this campaign of nonsense so that when he comes out the other side we can stick a collective two fingers up. I remember Ya Ya Toure and David Silva being bad mouthed in the press though the extent at which Mangala is getting it simply highlights graphically the agenda in play here.

Fu - we agreed on this issue on Twitter yesterday, about Mangala.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:49 am

Excellent all round team performance with a few mistakes thrown in. Mangala is fine but is still learning the premier league and all it entails and we will have to suffer the media scapegoating him until he has a worldy match.

Pellers also should get credit for the game too.We heard all about how their midfield 3 would dominate our 2.Didn't happen! Navas put in a great shift even though his final ball still wasn't great.Even Nasri worked hard although he was taken off shortly after allowing his man to run free and get a cross in. Fernandinho had a quality game and Yaya wasn't bad either with the exception of when he sold out Mangala.

I was actually a little concerned after 10/15 minutes as we started with great assurance,composure playing simple cool football and dominating the game but maybe not really any attacking intensity.I feared Soton would wake up and score on their first attack.They nearly did too but we kept the control and got what we deserved.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:59 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Agree 100% with Dub here - there seems to be a concerted media campaign to belittle and undermine Mangala. I think hes been fine and he has been bought for the next 10 years, not for the knee jerk bollocks Ive seen in the press over the past month.

That twonk Ashton in the Mail writes for a comic anyway so I wouldn't place any stock in anything he crayons. Important the fans stick behind Mangala during this campaign of nonsense so that when he comes out the other side we can stick a collective two fingers up. I remember Ya Ya Toure and David Silva being bad mouthed in the press though the extent at which Mangala is getting it simply highlights graphically the agenda in play here.

Exactly.

It didn't help that Fat Sam said after the West Ham game that he specifically targeted Mangala.
I thought that was so disrespectful and completely unfair.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Exactly.

It didn't help that Fat Sam said after the West Ham game that he specifically targeted Mangala.
I thought that was so disrespectful and completely unfair.

It was the usual Brendan Rogers 2nd rate manager trick: wanting to make sure all the media know that that he, Fat Sam, was the reason West Ham prevailed, because he, Fat Sam, saw a weakness in City & briliantly engineered the victory. Lousy trick.

Loved the Count's response: "When you are a manager and win you have all the solutions. The same manager - we last year scored 14 goals (in four games against West Ham) and he didn't have the solution.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Herb wrote:IMO a great all-round display from the lads today except for shakey Hart parrying when catching would be better (think up Joe) and generally distributing badly, as is his way. I admit that I had fears about going to Southampton but we were working well as a unit today - we played like the champions that we are and it looks like we're on the rise again!

Joe's distribution yesterday was absolute garbage, he really needs to work on this !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Anyone know how long Mangala will be suspended for? Obviously 1 game for the red but his second yellow today was his fifth of the season, does this mean he'll get another game ban for that?

It is just a one game ban for the red yesterday. He is available for Everton on Saturday. I don't know what happens to his previous yellows. I'd guess they are carried forward but he is defo available straight after the Sunderland match.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:12 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
Herb wrote:IMO a great all-round display from the lads today except for shakey Hart parrying when catching would be better (think up Joe) and generally distributing badly, as is his way. I admit that I had fears about going to Southampton but we were working well as a unit today - we played like the champions that we are and it looks like we're on the rise again!

Joe's distribution yesterday was absolute garbage, he really needs to work on this !!

The worrying thing is he's been working on it for years.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

It is just a one game ban for the red yesterday. He is available for Everton on Saturday. I don't know what happens to his previous yellows. I'd guess they are carried forward but he is defo available straight after the Sunderland match.

Good news, thanks Balti.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum