****Mackems v City MATCH THREAD****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Mackems v City MATCH THREAD****

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 pm

Amazing stat from tonight. 14 attempts on goal, four goals, 65% possesion and not one corner!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 am

That was as good as it gets, when Zab starts imitating Messi. Think Ya Ya is the key, he's running the show, looks lively and committed and everyone else looks decent as a result. Aguero's form helps a bit, lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:That was the proper champs & a much better job of removing the parked bus, than we've seen in just about any away game I think.

Well done to Dedryk. Very good indeed considering he was thrown in. And Serge actually passed to Jovetic. Fantastic.

Felt sorry for Rodwell. Yaya & Fern made him look a right twat & pretty much rubber stamped him as a 'reject' .

A month of this kind of performance level & the table may change somewhat.

We really need to get a win against Everton and then keep the focus for the rest of this year as we have the chance of a long string of wins to the end of the year. One of the things I liked tonight was close to the end with the game comfortably won and yet we were still pressing them high to win the ball back.

The last 2 performances have been very very good and we have been missing players!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:51 am

It has always been about pressing the ball from start to finish that wins matches more times than not, particularly when you're a flair team with players like we have.

Every cunt and his brother could see we weren't doing this up until recently, but tonight we closed every ball to the death.

Like 11 Tevez on the pitch. Beautiful
Original Dub

Postby phips » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 am

great performance. all 4 goals came from something special. that pass from Yaya was brilliant

Aguero was fantastic but Zaba was MOTM for me. he was a rock defensively, even if he did deflect the goal in off Wickham. that chip was outstanding.

our CM pairing looked really good, but i don't wanna get carried away. Sunderland offered little resistance in the middle of the pitch.
i liked the pressing that we did.

Boyata did well. i only remember 2 times when he made a mistake and unfortunately both of them almost lead to Sunderland goals.

i honestly can't remember Rodwell getting on the ball more than 5 times max. i forgot he was playing.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Duckman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:35 am

Im delighted with City's recent form.

Mackems had fuel for the first 20 mins, after that they collapsed.
Last edited by Duckman on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:38 am

nottsblue wrote:Amazing stat from tonight. 14 attempts on goal, four goals, 65% possesion and not one corner!

Four shots on target, four goals, poor Pantillimon.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 am

Brilliant news that Zabba and his missus will have a Manc baby if they dont call it Francis,Colin,Mike or Noel (if a boy) I will think a lot less of him.

Ps

Sergio has a son,Kompany too i wonder if MDM son is decent? now if Zabs has a son we are laughing in the future.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:57 am

I'm still amazed at how Aguero managed to lay Yaya's pass off to Jovetic for him to score.

The pass was hit with some pace and yet somehow Aguero took the steam out of it and contrived to lay it on a plate, round the corner, all in one movement.

That was more than skill; it was magical....and I thought David Silva was the footballing magician in our team.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I'm still amazed at how Aguero managed to lay Yaya's pass off to Jovetic for him to score.

The pass was hit with some pace and yet somehow Aguero took the steam out of it and contrived to lay it on a plate, round the corner, all in one movement.

That was more than skill; it was magical....and I thought David Silva was the footballing magician in our team.

It was but it's because Yaya's pass was intended to be flicked on & Serge knew it (as I'm saying in tother thread). If it was a shock pass, he would have perhaps tried to control it & ended up running sideways or away from goal or lost the ball. He knew Jovetic was going to run in, & so did Yaya. For a player of Serge's ability, it's not so impossible if he knows the plan. Several of our players can do stuff like that but we don't usually try to.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Very very pleasing.

It was noticeable how high up the pitch we pressed and when we did lose the ball, how hard we worked to get it straight back penning Sunderland in their own half and frightening the life out of them.

More please. The gloves are off now, we aren't fucking around anymore and its great to see.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:28 pm

Just loved all 4 goals but I would go for Zaba's as the best of the lot.

Awesome power from Kun after clever play for the first. Wonderful pass from Yaya and Kun's excpetional cushioned lay off for the 2nd. Great movement from Kun for the 4th onto Milners inch perfect pass but the clever movement from Zaba and Nasri's awareness ,quick feet and delicious pass to be finished by a Messi like chip was just awesome.

Doubt we will see 4 better goals in a win like that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue In Bolton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:23 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Brilliant news that Zabba and his missus will have a Manc baby if they dont call it Francis,Colin,Mike or Noel (if a boy) I will think a lot less of him.

Ps

Sergio has a son,Kompany too i wonder if MDM son is decent? now if Zabs has a son we are laughing in the future.

He will call it Francis as he is a Quo fan also isn't he? ;)
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Awesome power from Kun after clever play for the first. Wonderful pass from Yaya and Kun's excpetional cushioned lay off for the 2nd. Great movement from Kun for the 4th onto Milners inch perfect pass but the clever movement from Zaba and Nasri's awareness ,quick feet and delicious pass to be finished by a Messi like chip was just awesome.

My favourite was undoubtedly the last one. Just watched the highlights and that goal brought a smile to my face. Not that the other three were worse or less beautiful. I just reckon the last one was the pick of the litter.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

My favourite was undoubtedly the last one. Just watched the highlights and that goal brought a smile to my face. Not that the other three were worse or less beautiful. I just reckon the last one was the pick of the litter.

I think it's great that different people appreciate different things in different ways.

Aguero's nutmeg for the first was terrific as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues2win » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Good to see that Angelino was on the subs bench just to get a taste of the atmosphere or did I get that wrong?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:24 pm

I think it's great that different people appreciate different things in different ways.

It truly was.

Do you think he meant to make a "bad" touch in order to lure the defender out so that he could nutmeg him or was did he indeed make a bad touch at first but then used it in his advantage?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

It truly was.

Do you think he meant to make a "bad" touch in order to lure the defender out so that he could nutmeg him or was did he indeed make a bad touch at first but then used it in his advantage?

I don't know chum, but I'll be sure to ask him the next time I see him.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

It truly was.

If he meant that touch ( which he didn't) it would have been a good touch not a bad one.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:01 pm

that's what we have been waiting for, the last three games we have played with passion and also a bit faster play, hope it continues
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum