****Mackems v City MATCH THREAD****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Mackems v City MATCH THREAD****

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:22 pm

blues2win wrote:Good to see that Angelino was on the subs bench just to get a taste of the atmosphere or did I get that wrong?

He was there as we'd run out of defenders I think.

I'm glad he didn't come on though tbh. I rate him very highly but he's a little 17 year old kid, & not one who I would be playing in the Prem at this stage. Not at fullback anyway.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Sure Ted but it must have been an exciting experience for him all the same. He's probably a couple of years away from first team squad potential. Hopefully he'll mature physically by then.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Good to see that Angelino was on the subs bench just to get a taste of the atmosphere or did I get that wrong?

I'm glad he didn't come on though tbh. I rate him very highly but he's a little 17 year old kid, & not one who I would be playing in the Prem at this stage. Not at fullback anyway.

As much as he's a kid i'm sure a ten minute run out on the left side of midfield wouldn't have harmed him....
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:03 pm

twosips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

As much as he's a kid i'm sure a ten minute run out on the left side of midfield wouldn't have harmed him....

Must say I agree with this. At 4-1 the game was won. Who knows, he might even have got a goal or an assist and his confidence soared
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 pm

If he meant that touch ( which he didn't) it would have been a good touch not a bad one.

Well, no because the ball was just about to get snatched up by the opposition. A faster player would have caught it, like say Mangala. But if Agüero was planning to lure the player into thinking he could take the ball from him, knowing full well that he, aguero, is faster than the sunderland player, it's a good ball.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
If he meant that touch ( which he didn't) it would have been a good touch not a bad one.

Well, no because the ball was just about to get snatched up by the opposition. A faster player would have caught it, like say Mangala. But if Agüero was planning to lure the player into thinking he could take the ball from him, knowing full well that he, aguero, is faster than the sunderland player, it's a good ball.

I know Aguero's good, but he's only human. He didn't miscontrol the ball in order to lure out an opposition player (who he'd already worked out the pace of).
It was a slight, accidental miscontrol from which he recovered superbly.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 am

know Aguero's good, but he's only human. He didn't miscontrol the ball in order to lure out an opposition player (who he'd already worked out the pace of).
It was a slight, accidental miscontrol from which he recovered superbly.

Yeah probably. A girl can dream can't she?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum