**** city v everton MATCH THREAD****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **** city v everton MATCH THREAD****

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Nasri just excellent by far his best display in a long time, Milner and yaya very good.
Serg looks like 3 weeks plus.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Excellent 3 points today. Hard-fought win, but deserved.

Many strong performances, but Milner was the stand-out. Created something on almost every occasion he received the ball.

Obviously Aguero's injury is a massive blow. From his reaction, it doesn't look like it's just a small knock.

But we'll have to find a way to cope if he is injured, and we managed to do so last season. We were 8 points behind Chelsea a week ago, and now it's just 3. Fantastic turnaround from the squad in recent weeks - let's hope it continues!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:26 pm

A huge amount depends on whether Jovetic and Fernandinho just had minor knocks and were being protected for Wednesday. If they both play it will make a huge difference. As it is Yaya's out and Vinny and David will be on the bench at best. Fat Frank will likely start and Nasri is playing really well so we do have some options but we are coming to this crucial match in a desperately depleted state. I suppose if we drop out of Europe it helps us in the League but the pathetic display at home to CSKA and the careless draw away to them make you weep. It shouldn't have come to this.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 pm

Nasri MOTM for me by a country mile, worked his socks off with style, i think his return from his op has helped Ya Ya and our fortunes have taken a turn for the better, Top Top class player and underrated IMHO. 3 points ☺️
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:36 pm

If Nasri has to put in another 90 mins like that on Wed, he'll be fucked next weekend. We need more bodies fit or bring in some more kids to do some legwork; Ntcham & Keane Bryan maybe.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Worked really hard for that.

Hope Jovetic is fit as Dzeko didn't look it (at least I hope that's why he was ambling about).

This has made everything so much more difficult & potentially puts Chelsea right back in the driving seat, just as they looked ready to blow it. Really really unlucky.

Hopefully Dzeko will very quickly get match fit, then losing Serge is not necessarily terminal but he didn't look fit for Wednesday, & they put a real shift in tonight, which is likely to be in their legs Wed. Any result at Roma is a really good one after this.

What a fucking pisser. Just as we find our best form. We may really have to dig in & play like the rags or Chelsea now.

I wonder if we have a recall clause in Cole's loan deal ? Pozo is not a loan striker at this level.

Cole's loan deal is only till January. Not sure whether that is 01 or 31 though.
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Posted elsewhere Ted that Fernandinho may just have been rested and that Jovetic could be fit for Wednesday as well. With Silva possibly on the bench in Rome our injuries are easing with one horrible exception obviously. Kolarov and Vinny nearly back too.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Kun always has at least one big injury a season, and its actualy not a bad time to have one with the run we have for the next few weeks even with the chumps league game coming up. It gove edin a few better games to get into this season proper and im sure the team have enough goals in them to help out untill he starts firing just as he did when we needed him to step up last season.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:06 pm

A huge 3 points given the adversity we faced, the absent players and injuries. Milner was outstanding and is always a guy for an occasion when the chips are down, whilst for sheer guts and determination alongside stepping up when needed, that may have been Nasri's best 90 minute shift in a City shirt.

Aside from the amateur King Fu I thought Mangala did will too; I don't give a f**k for the Daily Mail or Red Tops agenda against him - we need to get right behind the guy and f**k them and the shit they print. The back 4 were solid and aside from Hart's save they protected our goal well.

Sergio's injury is a disaster but we cant feel sorry for ourselves. With Jovetic also made of glass we need to be signing a striker on Jan 1st or soon after, and a decent one at that.

Theres a possibility we will be facing Roma, in a must-win game, without Kompany, Silva, Ya Ya & Sergio - 4 of the 5 crown jewell players. It looks a huge ask.

Time to circle the wagons, f**k the press, and give it all we've got. Proud of the team today, a real bollocks on the table performance and a great win.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:A huge 3 points given the adversity we faced, the absent players and injuries. Milner was outstanding and is always a guy for an occasion when the chips are down, whilst for sheer guts and determination alongside stepping up when needed, that may have been Nasri's best 90 minute shift in a City shirt.

Aside from the amateur King Fu I thought Mangala did will too; I don't give a f**k for the Daily Mail or Red Tops agenda against him - we need to get right behind the guy and f**k them and the shit they print. The back 4 were solid and aside from Hart's save they protected our goal well.

Sergio's injury is a disaster but we cant feel dory for ourselves. With Jovetic also made of glass we need to be signing a striker on Jan 1st or soon after, and a decent one at that.

Theres a possibility we will be facing Roma, in a must-win game, without Kompany, Silva, Ya Ya & Sergio - 4 of the 5 crown jewell players. It looks a huge ask.

Time to circle the wagons, f**k the press, and give it all we've got. Proud of the team today, a real bollocks on the table performance and a great win.

Can't really fault any of that
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 am

blues2win wrote:I doubt the thread will be an entire joy to behold Peter. Usual mix of nervous breakdowns, defeatism and scapegoating, hopefully followed by 3 points!

Great shout! Onwards and Upwards.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:23 am

Cit.revenge wrote:No way that was a peno :)

Yes, it was.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:25 am

phips wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:That was on a plate for Milner

sorta difficult volley but should've scored

You must be kidding. He had the time to take the ball down and then shoot. And that's what he should have done....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:28 am

zuricity wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:That was a top top win with everyone putting in a great shift. Milner I would go with for MotM but Clichy was excellent as was Nasri.

Just shows that when City play well it's not about one player. City are playing well and it's all about better organisation,better all round individual performances,better pressing,better defending etc etc.

Wonder how many of Kun , Vinnie , Silva, Jovetic, Dinho will be fit for Wednesday?

Sorry Doug, Nasri by far and away the Mom today.

Agreed. He was outstanding. Just doesn't seem to get any credit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:32 am

Slim wrote:Not sure what Pellers is seeing in Mangala, my heart is in my throat every time the ball comes near him. He has yet to play a game better than Boyata played against Sunderland in midweek.

Fernando looks like he might be a very good player, comfortable on the ball and starting to get used to the league.

Navas is still a filler for me, if Silva is nearing a return I'd sit this guy down until the 70th minute of every game, let him run at tired fullbacks because he does nothing for me as a starter.

Nasri has been outstanding for a while, what the fuck have you lot been watching?

Hart showed why he is better at shot stopping than ANYONE in this league, including De Gea, sorry Carl. Earned his money tonight and easily save of the season right there.

Milner starting was a good choice, can't understand why he hasn't been starting in Navas's spot, he is easily the better choice.

WTF was Barry playing at? Was he as dirty a player for us? Whining to the ref at every opportunity, looked like he had a real hate on for City tonight. Played like a rag tonight, ashamed I thought so highly of hi
SIGN BARKLEY, no fucking about, this kid is the real deal and will replace Yaya in a couple of years.

I've spent the whole evening in the pub arguing this point with a lot of blues. People just take against him with no rational reason (or genuine appreciation of what he actually does).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:53 am

And Ross Barkely. £50 million for a fucking serial cheat?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And Ross Barkely. £50 million for a fucking serial cheat?

Beat me to it, Refs should be shown his DVD. He has a diving spot 25 yards out , should have had a red for 3 dives in 30 mins, not seen any pundits mention it either. CHEAT. Still like him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And Ross Barkely. £50 million for a fucking serial cheat?

I'd offer the £60m for him in Jan immediately. Looks decent very time I see him and game changed when he came on. Just what we need in midfield - young, English and if he plays anything like his value will go up as well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Duckman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Sergio's injury is a disaster but we cant feel sorry for ourselves. With Jovetic also made of glass we need to be signing a striker on Jan 1st or soon after, and a decent one at that.

Kelechi ;)
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:22 pm

It was all about getting the 3 pts last night . Losing Aguero after just a couple of minutes threw all Pellegrini,s plans out of the window , the team dug in and ran their bollocks off for the cause . Yaya was immense first half , Nasri excellent so was MDM , Mangala , Navas , Milner ......... Pozo ran his bollocks off and was unlucky not to score after upside down head somehow managed to get hid big fucking toe in the way . It was the sort of win that wins you titles !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum