*** Leicester v City Official match thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Leicester v City Official match thread ***

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:16 pm

blues2win wrote:And people here criticised the decision to buy a central defender. Vinny's hamstring lets him down again. Problem is we needed a striker too.

Guilty as charged.

In spite of Kompany's current, ongoing injury problems, I still wish that, last summer with the limited funds we had available at that time, we'd bought a striker instead.

It's goals that win matches and we've left ourselves too short up front.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Dameerto wrote:That's the liveliest I've seen Yaya look all season from a workrate point of view. I really think he should be played once a week now.

I would hope MP has the same kind of thought but that's the 2nd game in a row now where I felt Yaya has taken his team responsibilities very seriously and we won both battling games 1 nil
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Dameerto wrote:That's the liveliest I've seen Yaya look all season from a workrate point of view. I really think he should be played once a week now.

Thought he looked full of energy today, good to see him trying to drive at defenses again and doing his bit at the other end of the pitch.Going to need him on top form though to compensate for all the injuries.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

A wins a win and its another one chalked up. Another game for Pozo under his belt. Injuries to Dzeko and Kompany and Jovetic worrying, but hey ho, that is why we have a squad. Defensively we now look pretty good and we've always got a goal from somewhere. If we have to win games 1-0 for a bit like the rags used to and chavs do, then so be it. As long as we track Chelsea and are on their shoulder in April we have as good a chance as them for the title imo. We KNOW we have the balls to see it through. Jose thinks he has
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

Thought he looked full of energy today, good to see him trying to drive at defenses again and doing his bit at the other end of the pitch.Going to need him on top form though to compensate for all the injuries.

With our current strikers problem I wonder if MP would ever think of sticking Yaya up front as a lone striker ?? It would be worth a try next week against Crystal Palace. Should be an easy home match and the best time to try something new. The 2 Ferns can more than do the job in midfield.
Today we virtually played with no striker for the whole match but even though we had a strong midfield, we still struggled to control the match. Hangover from Rome ? Maybe ? Tough match to sit through but we managed to get the 3 points thankfully !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Palace are likely to block everything in the centre & if they get that right, we will really struggle to break them down unless we have a cf.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:47 pm

If we play Pozo again he needs a friend up front, he is in no way a lone striker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Henry hasn't got a club at the moment. We can't go into the Xmas period with Pozo and an injury prone Jovetic. It's a real worry.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:59 pm

If he does play, they could actually try passing to his feet & running for a return ball, or in behind.

Would have been better with Demichelis or Mangala cf the way they played today.

(Or David James).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Henry hasn't got a club at the moment. We can't go into the Xmas period with Pozo and an injury prone Jovetic. It's a real worry.

Could do a lot worse. Doubt he'd come though. Paddy V would have to call in a million favours.

In terms of short term answers, could Torres be loaned out again? He's been crap for Chelsea and hasn't set world on fire at Milan, but he always seems to score for Spain and you get the impression if he was at a club where he felt love, he would do better. Not talking about anything other than a loan here, but if we can't get our primary targets in January, rather than panic buying someone like Bony or Sakho, is he worth a punt? Really unsure myself, but just Pozo would be a concern
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:09 pm

It would actually be worth signing Henry for NYC, then loaning him, just to piss Wenger off.

But, we have mentioned it before; David Villa is likely to be kicking his heels in Manchester in a few weeks time.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Cracking day with Piccs and his crew. Barely had to talk about petrov or Noolies criminally inciteful drunken behaviour tho both did come up in passing.

3 pts playing without an actual striker. Boom. No complaints about that. Stuff champions do.

Best part of the match was seeing Nasri rush to the corner flag at the whistle and applaud the away fans. Top little lesbian. Says a lot about our actual footballing performance but it meant a lot to me as a fan.

Mangala looking strong and active. MDM should have started instead of Vinnie but what can you say. Didn't look very serious in real time but who knows with him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Great. Pellegrini says Dzeko has a calf injury and will be out for a few weeks. So that's December and much of January gone. Kompany has the same injury as he had before when he was out for two weeks. Since he aggravated it so quickly they'll have to be careful so he's out for this month as well. The good news is that Pellegrini wants Frank to stay for the season and Frank wants to stay so it looks like a deal is nailed on.

In the short term we have to pray that MDM and Mangala stay fit till Vinny gets back although Boyata did ok when given the chance. Much more pressing is what system to play to get the best out of Jovetic, assuming his very minor muscle problem is quickly resolved, and Pozo. That's all we've got till January it seems and if we get it wrong we could be as good as out of the title race within a month.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:33 pm

3 points in the bag and we move on. Nothing more to say really apart from Leicester had a game plan and they played it well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It would actually be worth signing Henry for NYC, then loaning him, just to piss Wenger off.

But, we have mentioned it before; David Villa is likely to be kicking his heels in Manchester in a few weeks time.

Villa would be a welcome addition if only for a short period.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Win. Ugly.

The ugly ones count the same too. Mangala superb, Sagna and Fernando also good and Lampard did his party trick to clinch it.

Kompany and Dzeko breaking down again with the exact same injuries they had before reflects badly on someone - either the players for kidding themselves they were fit, or the physio's for giving them the green light. Came back too early and now will be out longer. Notably Pellegrini, on Kompany, pointedly stated that the player said he was fit.

Good job we invested in Magala, but to ask Demichelis to play 5 games between Dec 20th and Jan 4th is asking a hell of a lot. Up top we are bearer than a baboons balls. Can we recall Devante Cole in the short term, and on Jan 1st we need a new striker which we should be working on right now.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Slim wrote:If we play Pozo again he needs a friend up front, he is in no way a lone striker.

It might help if experienced players like Yaya actually pass to him when in a good position.Instead of trying a no-chance shot himself.

Being an unselfish player is very hard for many of the modern day Prima Donnas like Yaya.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Cracking day with Piccs and his crew. Barely had to talk about petrov or Noolies criminally inciteful drunken behaviour tho both did come up in passing.

3 pts playing without an actual striker. Boom. No complaints about that. Stuff champions do.

Best part of the match was seeing Nasri rush to the corner flag at the whistle and applaud the away fans. Top little lesbian. Says a lot about our actual footballing performance but it meant a lot to me as a fan.

Mangala looking strong and active. MDM should have started instead of Vinnie but what can you say. Didn't look very serious in real time but who knows with him.

Cheers

Fans sounded great today on the Joan I was on.

Well done everybody.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
Slim wrote:If we play Pozo again he needs a friend up front, he is in no way a lone striker.

It might help if experienced players like Yaya actually pass to him when in a good position.Instead of trying a no-chance shot himself.

Being an unselfish player is very hard for many of the modern day Prima Donnas like Yaya.

It certainly looks like they are reluctant to give him the ball, maybe they feel he is not up to it yet.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Another priceless 3 pts , great win in the circumstances .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum