*** city v palace *** offical match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** city v palace *** offical match thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, after another impressive win, without key players, and without any recognised striker, are they still giving the title to Chelsea?

I'm sure they said the league was over in November.

They will ignore us, like you would a loud fart at a funeral....but...we are not going away, unlike the fart, which would eventually

First it was Chelsea winning the league against and out of sorts City and now all's I hear is how the Rags are chasing City down. Can't we just have a headline about ourselves and our 8 game winning streak?

If Chelsea lose 1-0 at Stoke we will have identical records down to goals scored and conceded and even a draw in the head to head. Be interesting to see who they would have as table toppers at Xmas. Means nothing except pride of course but my money would be Chelsea would be deemed table toppers by the media.

Here's hoping for a loss for them but they'd show top just because of the letter 'C'. Bastards!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, after another impressive win, without key players, and without any recognised striker, are they still giving the title to Chelsea?

I'm sure they said the league was over in November.

They will ignore us, like you would a loud fart at a funeral....but...we are not going away, unlike the fart, which would eventually

First it was Chelsea winning the league against and out of sorts City and now all's I hear is how the Rags are chasing City down. Can't we just have a headline about ourselves and our 8 game winning streak?

If Chelsea lose 1-0 at Stoke we will have identical records down to goals scored and conceded and even a draw in the head to head. Be interesting to see who they would have as table toppers at Xmas. Means nothing except pride of course but my money would be Chelsea would be deemed table toppers by the media.

Here's hoping for a loss for them but they'd show top just because of the letter 'C'. Bastards!

In this instance, 'they' would show Chelsea as being top of the league on the premise that, in their head-to-head against City, Mourinho's mob gained their point away from home, against the champions no less and, therefore, this is a more meritorious achievement which should gain Chelsea pride of place.

Apart from that, we've ruined football and don't deserve to be top......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:There was a brilliant graphic of Milner's heatmap from today's match. In the attacking half he spent 99% of his time out on the wings.
Clearly he doesnt like to play up top. Pellegrini needs a rethink before WBA

Maybe that was the point? Drag defenders out if position for others to exploit the space created. If it was, it worked well

Was absolutely the point.

That was why Milner's performance was so good; not because of his work as a striker, but because of his work opening up space for Nasri, Silva etc & his discipline sticking to it rather than going for glory himself.

Not sure I agree with the comments about it proving Pozo couldn't do it though. He was not asked to. When the ball was played to Milner's feet with his back to goal, he lost it most times, just like Pozo.

I recon Pozo could possibly do what Milner did & also score the goals Yaya missed first half if asked to play deeper.

Good shout. Read a few quotes from The Count today and he said as much himself. It worked better in the second half compared to the first but all round it was very effective (the more so had we had on our shooting boots).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:43 pm

I don't know why it's such a big thing that it took us 45 to break them down. Isn't it common sense that teams have a higher level of energy at the start of a game.

Surely any possession teams goal is to be patient and wear teams down. Not sure why certain areas of media seem to suggest our troubles breaking them down in the first 45 show some sort of weakness.

Great match, no way were palace going to keep up for 90 with or without thier phantom goal.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I don't know why it's such a big thing that it took us 45 to break them down. Isn't it common sense that teams have a higher level of energy at the start of a game.

Surely any possession teams goal is to be patient and wear teams down. Not sure why certain areas of media seem to suggest our troubles breaking them down in the first 45 show some sort of weakness.

Great match, no way were palace going to keep up for 90 with or without thier phantom goal.

Great shout. Wondered myself what Neville & Shearer were on about on MOTD about the lack of goals first half. As it happened we created 4/5 good openings, which on another day, or indeed another half, would have been goals.

Surely the whole point of possession football with the level of passing we did, is to wear the opposition out and force an error? The game is 90 minutes and you win by scoring one more than your opponent, so if they don't have the ball then one goal wins it. As it only takes a second to score a goal, we can have patience on our side and trust that one of our players will score. Which is how it panned out funnily enough.

Just as an aside, how did your spell as a manager work out for you Alan?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I don't know why it's such a big thing that it took us 45 to break them down. Isn't it common sense that teams have a higher level of energy at the start of a game.

Great shout. Wondered myself what Neville & Shearer were on about on MOTD about the lack of goals first half. As it happened we created 4/5 good openings, which on another day, or indeed another half, would have been goals.

Surely the whole point of possession football with the level of passing we did, is to wear the opposition out and force an error? The game is 90 minutes and you win by scoring one more than your opponent, so if they don't have the ball then one goal wins it. As it only takes a second to score a goal, we can have patience on our side and trust that one of our players will score. Which is how it panned out funnily enough.

Just as an aside, how did your spell as a manager work out for you Alan?

The team let him down; it wasn't his fault at all (it's dangerously possible he must be transmuting into a Scouser).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Even Ashley the clown saw through Shearer and fucked him off sharpish after his short time 'in charge' - so his opinions about football are a bit like listening to an old racist relative at Christmas.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum