***city v burnley official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v burnley official match thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:12 pm

I think tiredness played a part perhaps more than complacency or lack of effort. Also, some players aren't used to this intensity of games.

It's easy to say 'oh Burnley were fitter, or more 'up' for it', but that won't be true either. On another day, a third goes in & Burnley end up looking like they are running in treacle as we score six & romp around looking yards faster.

Shit happens. We fucked up on the day, & they did well 2nd half.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How many times do I have to say this before it sinks in to that thick skull of yours? There is no desire on my part for Hart just frustration at the same group of absolute fucking morons looking to scapegoat him at any given opportunity, going so far as to slag him off for not pulling off a save when the ball is flicked by him from a yard away.

Like I said, cop the fuck on.

"Cop the fuck" means nothing to me so I can only suppose it's one of the weird sex things you want to do with our distinctly average keeper you odd-ball. Why don't you go camp outside Joe's house rather than pushing your lust for the poor fella on here you perv - there are forums more appropriate to wannabe-goalie-fiddlers like you!

Pushing your homoerotic fantacism on me again I see. Utter, utter fucking twat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I think tiredness played a part perhaps more than complacency or lack of effort. Also, some players aren't used to this intensity of games.

It's easy to say 'oh Burnley were fitter, or more 'up' for it', but that won't be true either. On another day, a third goes in & Burnley end up looking like they are running in treacle as we score six & romp around looking yards faster.

Rarely do we score 6 in these type of games (apart from a brilliant spell at the start of last season).
More often than not we get a goal or two ahead by half time and it's almost like we agree a ceasefire at half time, the opposition agree to kind of just give up any chance of winning the game and shut up shop and we drop down the intensity and stroke the ball out and see the game out, sometimes adding a third to put a bit of polish on the scoreline.
It's rare to see the opposition come out and have a real go at getting back into the game and we weren't set up for it. 9/10 times we'd see that game out 2/3-0.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Pushing your homoerotic fantacism on me again I see. Utter, utter fucking twat.

I don't know what that is, but I think I want in. Hook me up!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I think tiredness played a part perhaps more than complacency or lack of effort. Also, some players aren't used to this intensity of games.

Rarely do we score 6 in these type of games (apart from a brilliant spell at the start of last season).
More often than not we get a goal or two ahead by half time and it's almost like we agree a ceasefire at half time, the opposition agree to kind of just give up any chance of winning the game and shut up shop and we drop down the intensity and stroke the ball out and see the game out, sometimes adding a third to put a bit of polish on the scoreline.
It's rare to see the opposition come out and have a real go at getting back into the game and we weren't set up for it. 9/10 times we'd see that game out 2/3-0.

Well if we scored 6 in it, then it wouln't be 'that sort of game' . It would be the kind of game I described.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:13 pm

certainly we had tired legs, but burnley's starting 11 i believe had all played two days ago as well, while we made some changes. they just seemed far more motivated as soon as they got their goal after half time. either way tiredness was not the primary issue according to our manager, who also discussed tiredness and the condition of the pitch with two games in 2 days:

Manuel Pellegrini bemoans Manchester City’s complacency after Burnley draw

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ty-burnley
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:22 pm

PrezIke wrote:

certainly we had tired legs, but burnley's starting 11 i believe had all played two days ago as well, while we made some changes. they just seemed far more motivated as soon as they got their goal after half time. either way tiredness was not the primary issue according to our manager, who also discussed tiredness and the condition of the pitch with two games in 2 days:

Manuel Pellegrini bemoans Manchester City’s complacency after Burnley draw

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ty-burnley

They were more motivated, because they were playing City wheras we were playing Burnley & 2-0 up. They had a stroke of good fortune at 0-2 & went for it. They got lucky with the run of the ball on the day, a bad linesman & some dodgy defending, all at once.

If they had been playing Shrewsbury & 2-0 down, they may have not found half as much effort. It happens like that in football, whether us fans like it or not.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If they had been playing Shrewsbury & 2-0 down, they may have not found half as much effort. It happens like that in football, whether us fans like it or not.

agreed.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Herb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

"Cop the fuck" means nothing to me so I can only suppose it's one of the weird sex things you want to do with our distinctly average keeper you odd-ball. Why don't you go camp outside Joe's house rather than pushing your lust for the poor fella on here you perv - there are forums more appropriate to wannabe-goalie-fiddlers like you![/quote]

Pushing your homoerotic fantacism on me again I see. Utter, utter fucking twat.[/quote]

Ooooh dear me is the gimp getting upitty again?
Let's face it foreverupjoesarse it's blatant to all that it's only you who sees joe harts comedy failings as a homoerotic fantasy to be celebrated - you sad weird loser. You should seek professional help for your issues or you'll end up as nothing more than a wankstain you sick odd-ball pervert.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

"Cop the fuck" means nothing to me so I can only suppose it's one of the weird sex things you want to do with our distinctly average keeper you odd-ball. Why don't you go camp outside Joe's house rather than pushing your lust for the poor fella on here you perv - there are forums more appropriate to wannabe-goalie-fiddlers like you!

Pushing your homoerotic fantacism on me again I see. Utter, utter fucking twat.[/quote]

Ooooh dear me is the gimp getting upitty again?
Let's face it foreverupjoesarse it's blatant to all that it's only you who sees joe harts comedy failings as a homoerotic fantasy to be celebrated - you sad weird loser. You should seek professional help for your issues or you'll end up as nothing more than a wankstain you sick odd-ball pervert.[/quote]

you really are a strange man
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum