AC Sh**house Milan are now against FFP

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: AC Sh**house Milan are now against FFP

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:01 am

Fotball is bisnis, nothing more sadly, 20 top clubs , investments , what about other clubs in world and sport?!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:21 am

Im interested in views on whether the rags will continue to spend. As discussed by Ted and John, the Glazers refused to spend for years until crisis point last season. I did read that they budgeted for top 3 in the Prem and last 8 in Europe under Moyes, so do you think that will be their aim again?
Will the spending continue to put them among the Euro elite or return to former levels?
Will that depend on Euro qualification? And if they miss out on that, how much trouble will they be in after throwing millions at transfer fees and having the highest wage bill in the country again?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:56 am

I'm hoping, as I've read somewhere today, that Falcao has done just enough to get himself over the line ; for them to spend 45m permanent transfer fee + fkw a week in wages x 4 years , for an imploding sicknote , will be superb. Sign him, LVG, please sign him !!
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:07 am

RodneyRodney wrote:I'm hoping, as I've read somewhere today, that Falcao has done just enough to get himself over the line ; for them to spend 45m permanent transfer fee + fkw a week in wages x 4 years , for an imploding sicknote , will be superb. Sign him, LVG, please sign him !!

Oh please let that happen. The more they splurge on arguably their strongest area to the detriment of their weakest areas the better.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Im interested in views on whether the rags will continue to spend. As discussed by Ted and John, the Glazers refused to spend for years until crisis point last season. I did read that they budgeted for top 3 in the Prem and last 8 in Europe under Moyes, so do you think that will be their aim again?
Will the spending continue to put them among the Euro elite or return to former levels?
Will that depend on Euro qualification? And if they miss out on that, how much trouble will they be in after throwing millions at transfer fees and having the highest wage bill in the country again?

This is pure speculation on my part Piccs but since the negotiations were leaked out by the Gala and Juve owners, I have noted a few things that make me think there is a big power struggle taking place for the hearts,minds and bank accounts of those secondary level European clubs.

We know 11 clubs are in the mix but no Super League would get off the ground without the support of those large clubs outside the old elite. I believe any Super league would exclude City (on already stated geographical grounds). The exclusion of a club as potentially (football and financially) powerful as City would be unthinkable to all clubs except our domestic rivals.

The problem for the rags is that we have overtaken them in football terms and our plans for the future,coupled with our international expansion as a football and commercial business means that we are a huge threat to the rags on all levels. They have to maintain their commercial lead over us and claw back the current football gap...and as we have seen with FFP and our exclusion from a Super League, they will use any means fair or foul to do so.

While we are above them in football terms and gaining fast in commercial terms, they have to spend.They have no choice,their future as a credible football business depends on it. Spend,spend, spend and hope to fuck that they regain their hegemony again over City.

Personally,I think they will have to go too deep for their own financial good. Failure in Europe again could see them implode, maybe not immediately or as soon as we would like,but it would be a huge failure on their part. The problems we are giving them may be too much for them to take.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:50 pm

I certainly think they would rather not be spending so much and that we have foisted that upon them. I also believe there is too much at stake for football for them not to get the decisions they need.
I dearly wish that Arse or Spurs,or even Southampton would pull their finger out and keep them from the top four. I wonder how much their chums in Europe actually miss them or feel they need a strong scum, for their own benefit.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I certainly think they would rather not be spending so much and that we have foisted that upon them. I also believe there is too much at stake for football for them not to get the decisions they need.
I dearly wish that Arse or Spurs,or even Southampton would pull their finger out and keep them from the top four. I wonder how much their chums in Europe actually miss them or feel they need a strong scum, for their own benefit.

I get the impression that their current policy is reactionary rather than having been planned out long-term like the Sheik. You get the feeling with the Sheik that he has a 10 year plan, never mind a 5 year one, that has contingency within for minor set backs. (FFP etc.)
With the Glazers, I'm not so sure that they didn't underestimate City. They are now throwing money at the situation, but if it doesn't work this year, they may find it very difficult to make up the ground they have lost to us.
I also get the feeling that there is something going on in the background in Europe. There seems to be a definite shift in attitudes. I tend to think this has nothing to do with City winning friends and influencing people and more to do with some of the old guard and also rans looking at the City business model and thinking, 'f*ck me, we're going to be left behind'.
I think the penny is dropping around Europe and they are trying to put some plan together to ensure they are part of the future.
But, what do I know. I have to admit most of what I learn on the subject, I get through reading some of the more learned posts on here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I certainly think they would rather not be spending so much and that we have foisted that upon them. I also believe there is too much at stake for football for them not to get the decisions they need.

Having to spend so much just to keep pace with us was definitely not part of their plan, nor was failing to qualify for any European comp this season. Despite that,they still remain a formidable foe in football's corridors of power. Their history of being a founder member and driving force behind the old G14 and now ECA has given them many powerful friends.

But...business is business and if we can stay the course through the FFP and whatever else they may try and chuck at us, in the longer term, we could well overtake them as being a better option for other European clubs.

Despite chasing the same dream, many of their cohorts have different motives for doing so. If we fit their bill. we get in.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:16 pm

I think that what's most pissed me off about this whole thing is how the rules seemed to be changed just as we posted our figures. The club were adamant that they had this until a certain David Gill was appointed to the FFP board. Coincidence?

The fact that PSG, who had a 200 mil handout from the Qataris only got similar sanctions says it all and even though we will get by with 'A Pinch' it is very annoying when UEFA & the ECA basically confirm that we were the ones that they were aiming this at.

Great to see our custodians have all this in-hand now and the likes of the Rags/Bayern et al can do no further damage because if they try to pull this shit again, I'm sure we won't be accepting any rule changes and will undoubtedly be putting them through the ringer.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:26 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:With the Glazers, I'm not so sure that they didn't underestimate City.

You're right there, and the reason was that Taggart dismissed us.

For a bloke who caused City so much pain, in the end he did us a massive (pun intended) service by making himself untouchable as far as the football side of the club.
Whatever he said was fully believed by the club hierarchy, and that includes City just being noisy neighbours and no threat.
By the time it was realised how wrong that was, it was too late, hence the current panic.
And of course, good ol' red nose gave the rest of football, last season's pantomime with his chosen one.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I think this new sponsorship deal gives the rags breathing space to make a decent signing each season but not to splurge each season, & if this splurge period doesn't work short term, then they will have to balance it I should imagine.

Also the rest of the cartel may be getting twitchy about Utd's sudden spending, hence talk about debt being included in the calculations. Dupont may actually help Utd by getting ffp kicked out, if the alternative is Utd's debt causing sanctions.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Anybody notice how many big names were transferred between the top clubs while we were hamstrung by FFP?

You could be led to believing that it was planned as such - You scratch my back ..... and all that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:32 am

john68 wrote:Having to spend so much just to keep pace with us was definitely not part of their plan, nor was failing to qualify for any European comp this season.

Do you think they are bothered about first place?

It seems to me that success for owners like the Glazers, is counted in the end of season accounts, and as Arsenal have proved, top 4 and getting to the champs league quarter finals is more than enough to keep the money pouring in, and bollocks to the fans who want them to win something.

I very much doubt that, barring us appointing a manager who has a mare, the rags have the ability to catch city or Chelsea in the near term without breaching FFP, and this one year splurge is simply an over reaction to being out of the top 4, not a reaction to being unable to compete with City and Chelsea.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
john68 wrote:Having to spend so much just to keep pace with us was definitely not part of their plan, nor was failing to qualify for any European comp this season.

It seems to me that success for owners like the Glazers, is counted in the end of season accounts, and as Arsenal have proved, top 4 and getting to the champs league quarter finals is more than enough to keep the money pouring in, and bollocks to the fans who want them to win something.

I very much doubt that, barring us appointing a manager who has a mare, the rags have the ability to catch city or Chelsea in the near term without breaching FFP, and this one year splurge is simply an over reaction to being out of the top 4, not a reaction to being unable to compete with City and Chelsea.

As David Gill said before he stood down, 'We only have to be competing, not winning'.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

As David Gill said before he stood down, 'We only have to be competing, not winning'.

But they will need to find a manager like Wenger who is both capable and happy to settle for that, with all the abuse it brings from the fans etc. I can't see LVG being that man.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Under normal circumstances, I am sure the Glazers would be more than happy to join the cycle of top 4, get thro the groups, remain in pot 1 and pocket the proceeds.....but for them,there is a spanner in the works....US....

Their plan to be a driving force in a Euro Super league in 2018 is at stake. Geographically, such a pan European league could not really accept 5 English clubs and certainly not 3 clubs within a 35 mile radius.They need us out. we are their biggest danger to future mega millions. They have to overtake us,whatever the cost. The fun thing will be that they know that their days are numbered and no matter how long they try to keep up, at some point they will have to cut back and watch us disappear into the sunset with the trophies, the glory and the (mainly) home grown players they can't afford to buy.
john68

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

But they will need to find a manager like Wenger who is both capable and happy to settle for that, with all the abuse it brings from the fans etc. I can't see LVG being that man.

I don't think LVG ever was their long term plan. He will be gone by summer of 2016 and I'm sure Glazers wouldn't mind signing Wenger-type manager.
I am just slightly worried they will sell their club which could mean they would get an ambitious owner
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:51 am

. . .who won't be allowed to spend a cent because of ...................................................FFP
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:18 am

Selling the team bus now:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/20/ac-milan- ... s-5028562/

They were once one of Europe’s elite clubs, but AC Milan have fallen so far that they’ve now been forced to sell their own team bus – in order to cut costs.

Milan, who aren’t in any European competition after finishing 8th in Serie A last term, have been struggling for cash for a while now, and earlier this season had an entire XI made up of players that hadn’t cost them a penny.

But their frugal transfer policy is just the start, with the team bus the latest thing to go this week, in a move which will reportedly save the club £230,000 this year.

So no more luxury travel for Milan’s stars, they’ll have to slum it on the train to matches.

Or they could even hitch hike…
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:41 am

That's some bad management at Milan considering all the success they've emjoyed. Wonder if a relative of Swales is on their board? Great to see them struggle. They were twats over the Kaka transfer and they are now reaping their meagre harvest
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum